I am bored of being bored

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a songwriter, and many times I write about my own experiences. It helps me from going crazy.

I'd suggest taking up something in the arts, but you have to believe it, too. You can't just get good at something overnight.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I am a songwriter, and many times I write about my own experiences. It helps me from going crazy.

I'd suggest taking up something in the arts, but you have to believe it, too. You can't just get good at something overnight.

True.

Art can make your loneliness much more bearable.

I would go home and kill time but time has a restraining order out on me so I can't get near it.

Im at the point of bored of being bored myself. Nothing interests me and can't think of enough things to fill my time with. Even the internet gets boring after a while. I just moved so have just the basics, so no tv even. No crafts or anything like that. That and I'm not in the mood to crochet or knit even if I had them. I'm in a heavy funk and just can't seem to get myself out of it.

I go uptown on thursday and fridays for activities but still planning things for the rest of the week. I just have too much time on my hands. Thinking of becoming a Big Sister so I'd have something to do. Anyways I enjoy being around kids.

Before, for me, peace could have been synonymous with boredom. Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always. Boredom is just the reverse side of fascination: both depend on being outside rather than inside a situation, and one leads to the other.
Being bored is just rage, spread thin, according to Schopenhauer. Be present. Stay active. Don't think about what to do, but do. Stay in constant motion and don't be afraid of failure on exertion. It's a tenuous link when you think about boredom as an emotion. Boredom isn't a feeling; it's a choice, a way of life, a habit. It's not random spurts of activity that defines you; it's your consistent motion that defines who you are.

Wows. I sound like a preachy moron. Well, that advice came from a man I'm seeing, my therapist. Really helped me; hope it does that same for you guys.

maidahl said:
Before, for me, peace could have been synonymous with boredom. Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always. Boredom is just the reverse side of fascination: both depend on being outside rather than inside a situation, and one leads to the other.
Being bored is just rage, spread thin, according to Schopenhauer. Be present. Stay active. Don't think about what to do, but do. Stay in constant motion and don't be afraid of failure on exertion. It's a tenuous link when you think about boredom as an emotion. Boredom isn't a feeling; it's a choice, a way of life, a habit. It's not random spurts of activity that defines you; it's your consistent motion that defines who you are.

Wows. I sound like a preachy moron. Well, that advice came from a man I'm seeing, my therapist. Really helped me; hope it does that same for you guys.

I guess I understand some of it, and what I understand makes sense. I often lack satisfaction in life.

Try drinking tea/ coffee but make sure it tastes bitter/ bad (just don't add sugar or milk)
make sure you eat right, by that i mean make sure you eat a good amount of food, try eating dates if they're available, apples are good too.
Try meditation. Oh and maybe you could listen to the music without doing anything else : )

If all else fails, video games maaaaaaaaaan

People turn to drugs when they're bored. Make sure you combat boredom with something healthy and productive. Read the news? Form opinions and don't become complacent. From the 10,000 foot level, boredom not only dominates our online culture but also acts as a silent black hole among humanity draining excitement and motivation from our lives. How many hits does google get on Paris Hilton images?

Recognize it and sit with it. The first thing you need to do when boredom surfaces is to become aware of it. How often do your actions mindlessly drift in the direction of pointless and non-productive activity. Instead of contributing to the problem, become part of the solution and sit in silence with your boredom. Instead of taking negligent action, take NO action. Eventually you will start acting again, but with greater consciousness…and that is a good thing!

I wrote an article on this. I have a lot to say. Plus, a lot of this is direct quotation from some wizard-psychotherapist/blogger. "Boredom is the escape from the real world."

Boredom is addictive, and when we surround ourselves with people who are continuously ensconced in unconscious (boring) activity we tend to get pulled in. Recognize who you hang out with, and who you are connecting with via your online activities. Again, there are so many people out there doing meaningful, beneficial work, people who are part of the “solution”, and it can become just as addictive to surround yourself with people like this.

yeah.. drugs fresia you for lyfe. I know from personal experience to escape boredom. Try reading/writing/connecting with an old friend. Boredom is compulsive.

Felix said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

True.

Art can make your loneliness much more bearable.

I just wrote a cool riff, and I think I'm going to work on it and add more to it. I have already begun recording my 27th studio album, and since I have a contract now with a distributor, I can actually put my music in stores now.

But even if you don't sell your stuff, just creating something can make you feel worthwhile.

On second thought, drugs are good to escape hell hole you live in. Man, I don't think of the curse at all! That piece of honeysuckle can do anything, I don't care. That's what I do before I die. Have a good experience, then flat line.

Check the stats. I didn't say all people turn to drugs. Have you heard of high school?@Callie

maidahl said:
Check the stats. I didn't say all people turn to drugs. Have you heard of high school?@Callie

I've checked the **** stats many times. Just because people are bored doesn't mean they will turn to drugs. Might I suggest checking better stats?

"Just because"? That's implying an all-encompassing "everyone" and always". There are more than just outliers in drug abuse related to teen boredom, which is exceeded by pressure and escapism, as well as hedonism. Who said EVERYONE ALWAYS DOES IT WHEN THEY"RE BORED? REad it again. I didn't say all people turn to drugs. I never said they all WILL. I said it can lead to it.

maidahl said:
"Just because"? That's implying an all-encompassing "everyone" and always". There are more than just outliers in drug abuse related to teen boredom, which is exceeded by pressure and escapism, as well as hedonism. Who said EVERYONE ALWAYS DOES IT WHEN THEY"RE BORED? REad it again. I didn't say all people turn to drugs. I never said they all WILL. I said it can lead to it.

You are aware you don't make sense, right? "People turn to drugs when they're bored" Yeah, that does kind of encompass everyone, you didn't say CAN, you implied that it WILL. YOU read it again.
Boredom can lead to MANY things. I really don't understand why you had to throw drugs in there in the first place. There have to be many factors to lead someone who is bored to drugs.

PEOPLE IS NOT EVERYONE ALWAYS. AND READ THE POSTS. I HAVE A TON OF NEGATIVES ALONG WITH DRUGS AS WELL AS SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT TO DO. I'm done yelling. lol

People tend to..." implicit is that people tend to, not always will turn to... Make ENGLISH make sense for yourself.

maidahl said:
PEOPLE IS NOT EVERYONE ALWAYS. AND READ THE POSTS. I HAVE A TON OF NEGATIVES ALONG WITH DRUGS AS WELL AS SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT TO DO. I'm done yelling. lol

People tend to..." implicit is that people tend to, not always will turn to... Make ENGLISH make sense for yourself.

I can see why someone told you to grow up...

maidahl said:

Whoa there, girl. You came busting onto this site, guns blazing, looking and acting as though you've got a major chip on your shoulder.

Why not read a bit and get a feel for the place before you start picking fights with regulars?

Latest posts

Back