I am just an asian guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gelnn

Reaction score
Maybe this forum has just got some magic that sucks me in...

Let me introduce myself, I am an 24+ yo asian from Singapore, a country that is like a prison that you cannot be yourself.

Just feels like the place I am living in does not suit me(screw up). Hiding in my room frozen is kinda my life from boring and useless social circles(screwed up again). A diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering with a 3rd year specialization in Biomedical field, what the hell? Lost interest and market demand is not there(screwed up x3). Found a goal in life that is to seek a discipline in Japan culture and it requires me to stay there for one year, but parents object it as this field of education earns you nothing, which in the end, I have to fight selfishly for it(screwed up big time). Parents want me to study in a university as having a degree earns me much, but I understand my brain is not for this, I object it for I am a not an intelligent person, I rather be a robot, it shows that it is giving something that I never wanted and never asked for(screwed up dunno for how long). That's where no one understands.

Bet you people wanna know if I have a girlfriend, well, I think the question is how long has it been without a girlfriend? That answer will be my age.
I am young but my heart is old, I look rugged and my body is starting to fail me mentally. Got a backache for a month so much I would not care about my health. F 'ed myself over.

Society in this world has moved towards an age of financial imperialism, everything is money. The rich get richer, the poor gets poorer. I earn the least in the family, my two elder brothers earn the most, 2nd eldest is an operation manager, skilled in smoke bombing people and the eldest is an IT manager, impatient and kinda angry man. I usually think of the positive things in them but not this time. And I am just a incompetent worker still earning to achieve my goal with some f up colleagues verbal stabbing at my back even though I have finished my work. F my life.

At least I have a kind heart which will probably make me a fool. I have close friends and most of them have family problems. Being a very good
friends, I lend them money to support, and the total debts I needed to collect is SGD$5040 and that is close to USD$3896. Worse, my 2nd brother who is earning much still owes me SGD$300. I am not rich, I am a thrifty person. But the money has yet to return to me. Still I know they are not that ******* to run away. But the money is affecting my goal in life. F 'ed by others.

Some of you think that I have many friends but I am just feel lonely. And I can tell you that those without friends may not feel lonely.

There are so many things to talk about. Thanks for reading this but putting this out just makes me feel better.

Can your family help you find a job and improve your monetary prospects, so that you can then do what you wish with your life?

I believe you have been mind washed/conditioned to feel and think bad about yourself.

Competing, campairing, praise seeking fucks up people's self esteem.

A mechincal engineering degree or deploma is a good thing to have...ANYWHERE.

The last I checked...fucken doctors and lawers are clueless to building bridges, buiilds or even maintaining thier automobile.
They cant turn a wrench worth a dime.

There's different types of intelligents. A lot of people in this world arnt so mechanically inclined.
A lot of people cant do art or play music worth a fresia.

Mechanial contractions are doom to fail or break...
Someone has to fix and repair them.
People are millionairs in this field.
Capititalize on your assets.

Think about this for a moment.
Who's more important in soceity...the trash man or doctors?
Have you ever notice the trashmen going on strike?
If your trash wernt being picked up for weeks or months...
It would be a major cluster fresia and disease would spread.

Biochemicles????
You can be a multy millioniair handling hazardious waste material in the industrial sector.
Lots of heavy equipments are required to operate this type of operation.
errr....doctors cant just throw medical waste into a regular dumpsters ( not in the USA or most places)

Capitalize on your assets. Give yourself more credit. Think good of yourself.
I'm no spiritaul guru or dont have much knowlege in japaneese's disciplin ideaism.

"BE THE GUIDING LIGHT TO YOUR OWN TWO FEET".
Truth from the enlighten ones.....
Have disciplin in this.

As far as the GF thing...
My fiance is a hot white chick.
I'm an asian dude.

@IgnoredOne,
Even if they do have the resources to buy the moon, they still would not agree in what I do, so I am doing this bit by bit til I get what I want even if I have to leave the family. If you belong to a chinese family, they have some confucius philosophy saying that taking care of your parents is filial piety and repaying them for who you are today. Well, the truth is, we are not always born to take care of our parents til they day they die and after that, pursue what you want, by that time, it is already too late, heck you may not even have a gf.

@Lonesome Crow,
Well this is Singapore, welcome to the screwed up culture where lawyers and doctors get the best honeysuckle, engineers dun earn much and even if they do, they dun have even time for themselves.

I believe in this quote, "your first step to your dream in life is to get rid of those trying to stop you from achieving it," it works but you just end up with more enemies.
And these enemies are just rich people who gave up their dream for money, they got totally no business with me and yet they are pestering me.

I started the first knowledge of engineering when I was 13 in school, so almost everyone knows it, that's why the market is so huge that people are killing for it but end up walking away because their promotion stage is long, and if they open a business, dun be surprise you are rivaling with a friend who is also in the same field, and you know what happens when business goes wrong, its a small island here. Sorry to say but over here, lawyers and doctors do know basic engineering.

Over here everyone is important even when they are low-paid, oh and this is a democratic country. Funny thing is that when you go on strike, within 15 mins, you have a free ticket to the lockup in the police station. Not to mention I was a police officer in my National Service.

Its biomedical, where I study the mechanics of human bones and muscle, a field in which I can do research in sports but this country does not encourage R&D as it is expensive, instead they rather invest in foreign talent to train the locals.

I given myself too much credit, so much that I turn over the tables, imagine going without lunch everyday to save bits of cents and dollars just to do what you want. I just wanna do what I aim for in my life, and if it is worth doing it, then it is worth dying for. I feel it is really worth it.

I can discipline myself but it is hard in this environment, that is what I wanted to leave my country and develop a discipline in Japan. Being a millionaire or rich person living in a big house is not my kinda life.

I prefer asian ladies, no offense. haha...! ****, where do the big boobies sweet asian ladies went to on earth? The asian ladies here has no effect on me due to their stuck up attitude.

Sometimes, I dun understand, I have good friends, but I still feel lonely. Maybe I am helping them too much. And no one is helping me either, worse, I am used to it.

gelnn said:
@IgnoredOne,
Even if they do have the resources to buy the moon, they still would not agree in what I do, so I am doing this bit by bit til I get what I want even if I have to leave the family. If you belong to a chinese family, they have some confucius philosophy saying that taking care of your parents is filial piety and repaying them for who you are today. Well, the truth is, we are not always born to take care of our parents til they day they die and after that, pursue what you want, by that time, it is already too late, heck you may not even have a gf.

I am Chinese, although American-born. I'm aware of the concept: 孝顺的.

But your brothers already have that well in hand, and while I'm completely familiar with family that have no sympathy at all with your goals, I imagine its not impossible to give what you can when you can.

Doing bit by bit of what you want is exactly the best you can do, until they understand. And honestly, its not entirely wrong for yor family after all, or all that ungrateful, because just so you can succeed in another way does not mean you have to succeed in exactly how they wish you to succeed.

Plus, there is a saying that of all of the major offenses against your parents, the worst if them is not to produce a heir. I am fairly certain that the producing grandchildren for them will require finding a girlfriend along the line.

And everywhere, not just Singapore is like that; engineers are necessary and are decently paid but rarely among the best paid. That said, I would rather like to work in the Singapore branch of the Japanese company I work for, haha(Fujitsu Corp - 富士通, my specific contract within Fujitsu is with Mitsui corp - 三井, however) and one of the things I do is IT engineering.

Its still possible to make a lot of money even with engineering, but you need to find a way to work an angle - or leave the country, which seems like needed when you mentioned that even people go who independent face fierce competition. One of my dad's friends runs a engineering company, and it does make good money, but it ultimately struggles against the giant engineering companies out there.

You do need to stop always taking care of your friends, especially as they are not taking care of you; always emphasize yourself first, because in the end, you are what you have, and everyone will drop you when crisis hits and prioritize themselves before you.

Will...I move to the USA when I was a little kid.
It's a melting pot and it's about as messed up as anywhere else.
The goods and the bads.

There's small little towns everywhere in middle america. where there's no opportunities or jobs.
There's people livng in really bad conditions here too.
You just dont see this honeysuckle pasted on international news or CNN.

Some of the mentality is the same here. The USA is a captilist and materialistic society.
But it's just mentalities of certain people.

Being a free society...there's all kinds of people here too.

Anyway, I cant go negative no matter where I live.
I have a couple of millionair friends ...that dosnt even have a college education.
I also know the in and out of the bussiness...becuase I trainned both of them at one time or another.
I cant give away the secret of it...cuase Im going to be a millionair too.
It's not rocket science...that's all I'm going to say.

My Sponsor ( a mentor or good friend) is a MD.
He dosnt flash his money. He is a very humble man. He's not into that perstiege bullshit.
For the most part he dresses or acts just like an average person.
If anything..he dosnt have a lot of free time becuase he's always on call.
And his type of wrok trumatize him. Sometimes he looks like a ghost.
He just need someone to talk too sometimes or mellow out.

My sister is married to a doctor. Yeah, they live a comfortiable life...but it's not all peaces and cream for them either.

My daughter makes grips of money..She lives a very luxgurious life style.
it's not all peaces and cream for her. This much I know.

My step father was a CEO of a company...growing up in that house hold drove me fucken batty.
Yes, I know what it's like to live a luxgerious life but it was kind da dysfunctional in our household.
I know whats it's like to live in a thrid world country. I lived in thailand. I was born out in the boon dogs. Then lived in the slums of bangkok
for a couple of years.

The title of this thread reminds me of a certain mad TV character....

Anyway, I had a friend from Beijing, he was here studying. It always seemed to me he was in a lot of pressure. He was very serious, nice guy, but serious... spent a lot of time with the books.

He told me they have a lot of social pressure in his country to become professionals and earn money. I felt a bit bad for him, he was always worrying and pushing himself. Is not good to be so hard with yourself, it's like you can't even enjoy life under that much pressure!

Hey Gelnn,

I wrote a reply but ended writing a very long one. lol to save the troubles of reading what would most likely be blabbers, I just want to say that it's hard to be in a situation where you have to break your family's hearts in order to pursue what you want. But I don't necessarily agree your only way is to eliminate those people who go against your way, sometimes it's also about gradually making them understand that this is what you want to do. It's a matter of compromise. you do the things they want, you can do what you want because your relationship with them is important too. they're your family. Although sooner or later,we're all gonna break our parents' hearts, we grow up and that's not so easy for them. But they live in their times and you live in yours, they'd have to accept that you are not theirs but your own.

I wish you luck in your life :)

Sounds fun in other countries out there... Still, I am not going to be a millionaire anyway... just want to pick a discipline... stick to it, have a job, sexing my life up all day long... and die early...

Thanks guys for listening...

@Felix,

LOL, that's hilarious... thanks for cheering me up!

Being a millionaire won't fix all your problems. If you are unhappy in Singapore and can't find a job there why not bring your expertise to another country? I know my country, New Zealand, has a high demand for engineers as I'm sure many other countries would to.

zaney said:
Being a millionaire won't fix all your problems. If you are unhappy in Singapore and can't find a job there why not bring your expertise to another country? I know my country, New Zealand, has a high demand for engineers as I'm sure many other countries would to.

Precisely, doing what I can to get out of this country... I even heard some of my countrymen already left to New Zealand for good... respect them...

:) If you want to move to NZ I say go for it. I know they are promoting people to study engineering at uni because NZ is in such high demand for them. Australia is a good choice too. It's easy to get a job, even for someone unqualified; such as myself. Australia also have much higher wages than NZ.

Hmm I don't know if you will ever see my reply. But I think you should start living according to your own terms. There is only one life. Live it based on your needs and wants, NOT based on others' expectations. Maybe you could assert your own stand more too. We could talk more in PM if you are still having troubles :)

Latest posts

Back