I can disagree with anyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMonkè

Reaction score
Lately, I feel like I have been rocking the boat some. and by lately, I mean today. since I just joined like 2 days ago...

I can sometimes be very dis-agreeable...
I like stirring debate.. to get new insight..

But I also realize that I am, more likely than not, stepping on someone's toes when I post up an "I disagree" response. :p

And thats exactly the behaviour that wins me less friends...

I wonder if its having the same affect online..

feedback?

I'm the same way. Even if I don't personally disagree with what someone is saying, sometimes I will play the bad guy just to get an idea of where the other person is coming from, or why they believe what they do.

People don't like being challenged.

Yeah, is it becose of the book "How to make friends..." that you realize of this?

I have to admit, caring about other peoples wants in life was totally new to me. It was like I knew it, but I didn't knew it at the same time. Like I had to read it in a book in order to comprehend it, because I didn't got it 100% from my interactions with other humans trough my life.

So work hard on caring about other people's stupid desires and keep working with the book my friend. I understand you, I too like to debate about stuff but truth is 99% ppl specially young ppl don't like it. I wouldn't do that in real life, that's what the internet is for.

Dudes like you and me don't have a choice but to work hard to connect with the rest.

yeah...
im the sort of person that feels that the truth is more important than... people feelings? lol

thats rough... but I totally feel shitty when I get that treatment...

so it really does come full circle... I am starting to see circles everywhere i go.

MadMonkè said:
yeah...
im the sort of person that feels that the truth is more important than... people feelings? lol

thats rough... but I totally feel shitty when I get that treatment...

so it really does come full circle... I am starting to see circles everywhere i go.

Well, you know...you can tell the truth but do it in such a way as not to offend. Unless you're a natural at it, you will have to practice it.
Some people just don't care enough to practice tact.

Right there with ya. This happens to me too.

Sometimes you have graduate the truth, for example I don't talk about politics with my friends. They have different opinions than mine and it's just pointless so I shut it. It's not my responsablilty to defend the truth 100%, specially if all it does is hurt other peoples feelings. At first is hard but then you realize is for the best.

EveWasFramed said:
Some people just don't care enough to practice tact.

God yes, I've come across this so many times. My boss's oldest son has never learned that. I often wonder if he ever wonders why he has a revolving door of friends.

kamya said:
I didn't know truth and politics ever went together.

lol yes let's admit there is a chance one might be wrong about some things so that's another decent reason not to preach the truth :p

Felix said:
kamya said:
I didn't know truth and politics ever went together.

lol yes let's admit there is a chance one might be wrong about some things so that's another decent reason not to preach the truth :p

yeah... that sounds about right. very considerate. I will remember this.

everyone has their own version of the truth... (apparently a very subjective matter) and not everyone can be right.

Which brings me to think about the idea of truth.
the truth is only true if enough people believe it is. sometimes repetition in the news/media is more convincing than cold hard scientific facts.

Im thinking too much again. Stop thinking you stupid brain.

Latest posts

Back