I can't explain it to people around me without sounding whiny.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naizo said:
xD I realize this has gone completely off track and doesn't really belong in this thread anymore. :( Sorry .

Since you started the thread topic, you can request a mod to close it if you like. :)

Case, I get that it's the law and the policy. But it is an idiotic law and an idiotic policy.
It's not ad populum, of course. My point is this, if you have five people of the same performance, it is better to make one of them uncomfortable, and not four of them. It is better to hurt 1/5 of the performance, not 4/5. It is not about what is "true", it is about getting the job done, the one and only reason any workplace exists.
If somebody values their "precious free speech", you won't get much piece in the workplace by shutting them up. If A wants to talk about sex, and B doesn't want to hear it, there's no escape. One of them will always be uncomfortable, and yet you're presenting "harassment laws" as the ultimate solution to bring piece to both of them. How can't you see the obvious?
You're saying that "sexual talk" is "universally" bad at workplace. Except "sacred law says so, so be it forever", do you have anything to back that up?
Finally, "the employer failed to protect the victim" bit. This is rotten. When playing a victim is the main win behaviour for an adult, you won't get many adults after all. You'll get tons of morally handicapped people stopped at mental age of five.

Naizo said:
Honestly, sorry for even asking or venting or whatever you would call it. Was a waste of time. I appreciate the input. Good or bad. But eh. Doesn't change anything.

Please don't feel sorry for asking your question. This is a forum for lonely people; By all means you have the right to write about issues you're facing in life, as long as it doesn't violate forum rules. If the thread drifts a little away from main purpose of the original post, it's not your fault.

Back to the topic, I would tell to these women that I have other priorities in this stage of life that occupies most of my time and energy. If they kept asking me why I am single I would reply that I've already told the reason and if they want to hear me to say it again. I think over time at least some of the direct conversation about why you're still single would stop.

Other than what has already been mentioned, I don't know what you can do about overhearing their talk of sex.

amale said:
Case, I get that it's the law and the policy. But it is an idiotic law and an idiotic policy.

I think we're done here. I'm not about to debate the merits of harassment laws with you. If you think they are "idiotic," we are on opposing sides of a very wide gulf that cannot be bridged. Thanks.

Case said:
Naizo said:
xD I realize this has gone completely off track and doesn't really belong in this thread anymore. :( Sorry .

Since you started the thread topic, you can request a mod to close it if you like. :)

That might be best cause I dont want arguements or anything. :)

Naizo said:
Case said:
Naizo said:

That might be best cause I dont want arguements or anything. :)

I'll take that as an official request then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back