I don't even really know where to begin...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlayGuy138

Reaction score
...but I guess I'll just do so anyway.

Let me introduce myself. I'm 19 years old and am currently on summer break in between my Freshman and Sophomore years of college. I am studying Creative Writing at a university in New England.

I have been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome and major clinical depression. The Asperger's impairs my social interaction and makes it difficult to pick up on others implied messages, among other things. I feel like the set of social skills that the rest of the world was born with were somehow missed when I was on the assembly line, like I'm a defective product. Yet, the world wants to blame it all on me, as if I make a conscious and deliberate choice to be a socially inept piece of honeysuckle, as they would so eloquently put it.

I'm at a point in my life where I could use someone to relate to my struggles, and some solidarity. I've been through a lot of traumatic things to make me as messed-up as I am. I come seeking a refuge from all the misunderstandings and pain that consumes my daily existence.

I hope I can contribute something to this forum, and more importantly, I hope the people on this forum appreciate what I have to offer. Cheers.

hey, welcome :)
I hope you will find your place here, I'm new too but from what I saw I think you'll find a lot of nice and understanding people to talk to :)
and sorry for my english, I would write something nicer and with more words if I were better with language :D

Hello slayguy :) Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. You've come seeking to the right place. This is a shelter for lonely souls from all walks of life. You've already intrigued me with that last sentence, since there are few people who think they have anything to offer, even though every individual does. It's nice to know that you know you can contribute. I look forward to reading your contributions.
Don't worry, everyone is missing something someone else would think is a necessity. Asperger's doesn't make you defective, just different. Like the rest of us.

Hi SlayGuy,welcome I hope you find what you're looking for and look forward to seeing you aroud the board

Welcome to ALL :)

SlayGuy138 said:
I feel like the set of social skills that the rest of the world was born with were somehow missed when I was on the assembly line, like I'm a defective product. Yet, the world wants to blame it all on me, as if I make a conscious and deliberate choice to be a socially inept piece of honeysuckle, as they would so eloquently put it.

You definitely weren't born with some kind of defect. Personally, I feel people with Asperger's have a unique skill set to offer the world, some people are just too selfish or uneducated about ASD to know what you can offer.
You are unique and your own person, don't every apologize or feel less of yourself just because you have a diagnosis. It doesn't have to define you, unless you let it.

Hi there,

I am a psychology student with my own history of depression and trauma. I have met people who were diagnosed with Asperger's and I just want to say that I cannot imagine how difficult of a time it must be to feel you are missing some set of 'instructions'. However, the fact that you are so open and humble is probably what will help you recover over a long period of time. I agree, the world is not always friendly when you have difficulties. Just remember that while you may personally struggle with stuff, you are probably less "messed up" than you think. Often it's more the environment than us - we live in an incredibly fast-paced, crazy, weird world. If you have specific things you would like help with, like example of failed social attempts, etc., make sure you reach out to either me directly or people on the forum!

I hope I am not bothering anyone or violating a rule by bumping my own old thread, but I just thought I'd revisit this forum. I abandoned it in favor of other things, themselves I soon lost interest in too.

So consider this my re-indroduction, or first proper one.

Latest posts

Back