I feel so ******* shitty right now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedHitman

Reaction score
Decided to do something with my life and started going to a trade school to get my forklift certification. It's something I actually enjoy and I'm actually getting pretty good. This is what I want to do in life. Drive forklifts in a warehouse. Then after I get certified I can work in a warehouse or go to temp agencies. I'm not planning on going to college and getting fancy degrees or anything like that, I just want to be a simple guy with a simple life. Besides, I find driving forklifts and manual labor suits me just fine.

But, just earlier today i was at my forklift class. One of my classmates was stuck on his stand up forklift. I go behind him with my forks raised low and one of the forks bounced up a little and hit the classmate in the foot. We all went to see what happened. I was so afraid that it cut his foot off. After a little while he seems to do fine, H e says he'll be alright, just might be swollen as fresia tomorrow.I've been stressing out. He said he'll be ok. But what if he goes to the hospital? I'm just loosing my mind. fresia man, I could have cut the dudes foot off. I just feel like a big pile of honeysuckle right now, I don't know what to do.

That's called an accident. Sure, it's OK to feel rotten about it, but it doesn't make you a bad person.
Don't beat yourself up over it and just make an effort to be extra careful in the future.

Yeah it was an accident, you didn't do it on purpose. He says he's fine and he'll be okay, so try not to stress over it. We all do that when something happens that we feel bad about, but it was an accident and a lesson learned. Next time you'll be more cautious. Stuff like that is bound to happen, I've worked with several people and everyone has done something. I always tell employees that when they have screwed up and feel bad. Apologize, learn from it, and don't dwell on it.

I think if you would have done more damage, he would have known about it. I understand your concern since forklifts are powerful tools, but it's certainly not something to get stressed out over, just learn from it and carry on.

Yeah, it's just an accident. Learn from it, then move on. It could always be worse...

Try looking up 'Forklift Driver Klaus' on Youtube. It's funny, but not for the squeamish.

Keeping the games for the playground and taking risky situations like operating heavy machinery seriously is what separates a kid from a mature man. Don't let people (and yourself) get hurt before you become mature. This may or may not apply to you, up to you to make what you want of it.

Latest posts

Back