I find this Lady totally rude in one of the support groups

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thread is so relevant to my current situation in a depression/anxiety support group.

First off, I'd say BlueRose's complaint of rudeness re sharing phone number during group session is virtually invalid. OTOH, much depends on the style of facilitation of the group, and believe me there are many styles, and there is a wide variety of group dynamics in different groups, and I've been to plenty.

Having myself found it rather difficult to make many personal connections within the group, I admit I share some of BlueRose's frustration, but showing it achieves nothing but further alienation and doesn't in any way validate the original complaint of rudeness.

You'll find such a wide variety of personalities, lifestyles, and specific forms and triggers of depression/anxiety, that getting 2 people together that click can be quite a breakthrough. One of the reasons I make fewer connections than most is that my particular anxiety is social anxiety with specific triggers and symptoms, and not many completely relate. I'm not entirely happy about making few connections, but don't (or at least try not to) feel bitter about those who do. It's completely counterproductive anyway.

If I can make one constructive suggestion to BlueRose:
Try another group in your area if you have one. That's what I've had to do until the current facilitation and/or group dynamics changes in the current one I attend. The attendees haven't changed in over a year, no new faces, no new issues, the atmosphere has become glib (like a social club) rather than seriously supportive, and the chances of making more new connections has dropped to near zero.
Facilitators (and hence the style in which groups are run) seem to have an average life of 1.5yr. My theory is that facilitators get burnt out.

You may need to adjust your attitude though.

Lonesome Crow said:
I've go to differnt 12 step support gorups AA, NA, Alan-on, ACOA.
There's other support groups such as SMART..but that's not free...

The bottom line is...if you want to get well, you'll find a way to get well.
In other words...I attend those **** meetings half of the time which i don't want to go
People call me on my honeysuckle all that time.
I have no excuses...People love me that much otherwise they wouldn't say anything to me.
Just like a close friend of mine on this site will tell me things i don't want to hear...She loves me that much.

Pain dosn't discriminate and everyone of us on this site can testify to that.

I Keep going back to those meetings becuase I'm not cured of LIfe's challenges.
Just like i keep coming here...becuase i still want to get WELL.
Evidently i don't get alone with everyone on here either....But i learned that through my support groups :p

There were so much I had to learn in recovery and I still don't have all the answers.
That's to said that I don't have a lot of answers already.

I was also taught about LIVE and LET LIVE in support groups.
I was also taught about LOVE, PATEINCE and TOLERANCE in support groups.
Evident we didn't hold hands and sang cumbaya all the time in meetings either. [/QUOTE
Naleena said:
RFLMAO!! Hows the finger Blue Rose? Thanks for sending it to me with that scathing rude comment that I won't share on the board. While you can dish out your "stick it up your ass" all you people who don't say what I want to hear, you can't even take a kindly suggestion such as...I know someone who might make a good friend (from a poster who you jumped all over in your earlier posts) to people suggesting you ask for a phone number. You are obviously looking for someone to kiss your ass and tell you that you are right. And god forbid they say the wrong thing! You sister, are an abuser and you use your past as an excuse to be..can I say it? No, I can't but it has 5 letters so let your imagination take over. WHich obviously it has since you think yourself above everyone else. You look for sympathy and you can't even show it. "Whaaaaaaa..someone said I was pathetic!" Yeah? Well what they hell have you said to people on this board? But YOUR different. Right? You can mistreat people cause someone hurt you and you think you are ENTITLED to be a hateful, bitter,person . For god sake...a post about a woman who wanted a phone number. On a scale from 1-10 I'd say that may have been a 0.5 on the rude scale. But you have made it into something horrid! Even went as far as to give someone a dirty look for it! Jesus Christ and the latter day saints! What business is it of yours if someone asked for a phone number? You would think from you JUDGEMENMENTAL (yeah you do it too but, I'm sure you can't admit that, much less see it) hateful post that she had commited some crime. You think you can talk anyway you want to people and then you act like a victim? Can't see how you are mistreating people on this board? Thats right, they DESERVE it according to your warped thinking. And you call me pathetic? RFLMAO!!! You are what some would lable a drama queen...I think of you more as a drama hoe because you lack the grace and good manners of a lady and apparently your not happy unless you are gettin' some (drama) You need to lay off the people on this board who haven't done anything to you. BTW, have a nice day:p
crescendo.daNiente said:
Why are the cute ones always so dense?

And Naleena, five letters? I'm sure we could do better with four! :D

To the mods: Please don't ban her. I haven't had my fun yet. :3

Seriously? Are you seriously saying what I think you're saying?

Listen, princess, I don't get along with Lonesome Crow. In fact, for various reasons I more often than not can't stand him. But from what I do know of him I'd wager that man has been through more pain and tribulation than anyone else here on this board, let alone your petty, self-obsessed ass. What's more -- as anyone who's known me for five minutes can attest -- five out of six of my exes cheated on me, in one form or another, and yet I still cling to a faint but ever-present hope that that one girl's out there. fresia yes, I'm bitter -- and my trust issues are not merely waning, they're non-existent! So don't assume that you're some special ******* case that everyone should take immediate pity on. I'm not offended by your presumptuous assertion that your life has seen more heartache than mine or that of anyone else on this board; I'm merely annoyed. It's glitter-speckled drama whores like you who make me gag at the state of our world. For fresia's sake, get a clue.[/QUOTE
crescendo.daNiente said:
P.S. I wrote "petty," not "pretty." If you read the latter, congratulations, you're a narcissist.[/QUOTE
crescendo.daNiente said:
Really? Her profile didn't state her age. Oh well, her attitude, demeanor, and syntax on this entire thread gave me the strictest impression that she was just another pathetic, hormone-pumped teenager. She speaks for herself

one lonely guy said:
Try another group in your area if you have one. That's what I've had to do until the current facilitation and/or group dynamics changes in the current one I attend. The attendees haven't changed in over a year, no new faces, no new issues, the atmosphere has become glib (like a social club) rather than seriously supportive, and the chances of making more new connections has dropped to near zero.
Facilitators (and hence the style in which groups are run) seem to have an average life of 1.5yr. My theory is that facilitators get burnt out.

YOUR ALL PATHETIC!!

Bluerose said:
YOUR ALL PATHETIC!![

Sure, it's not you, it's everyone else. *rolls eyes* That reeks of paranoia.
If you don't want support or the opinions of others, perhaps you should reconsider bothering to ask for advice, opinions or support? Since we're all so pathetic and all. :)

Your nastiness to others is going to be your downfall.
Consider this fair warning....

Thanks BlueRose.

I walk the talk....
If said I was going to do something...I do it.
No excuses. No justifications. No lost of control. No wanting to control. No wanting to be controlled.

Accept it, process it, then let go.

What you resist persist. Life is not without pains...SUFFERNING IS OPTIONAL.

Dive into the heart of the matter, embrace it with all your might. Beyound your pains there is peace and healing.

Face Everything And Recover...beyound your invisible wall of FEARS...there is LOVE

Drop it.....Could you ? Would you ? When ?

You don't have to do anything
You don't have to do anyhting

You are free.

Will you ALLOW yourself to heal and be free of your suffering and misery ?

There's no garantees in life.
Misery is always refundable

It's okay Sweetheart...I've been called a lot worse than pathedic.
mmm...I'm drawn to pyshco bitches.
I can seriously drown myself into you. LOVE YA !!!!
Can I get your E-mail address and phone number ? :p
However I do have some minimum requirements for insanity...so don't get in over your head and think you're all that..lol

Bluerose, you have reacted angrily to all the advice that has been offered you. I can only presume that this is because you want pity, not advice.

So:

"There there, you poor thing."

Feel better now? Nope? I'm not really surprised, because it was an empty sentiment.

Has it even occurred to you that people here were trying to help you originally? All these people you have labelled pathetic.. were trying to get you to see the bigger picture. You sabotage yourself - because, I believe, it is more comforting to believe that your problems are the fault of others - means it can't be your fault, right?

Wrong. Problems rarely disappear on their own, particularly if someone pretends there is nothing they can do about them.

People here didn't judge you originally. They may have done so now, for few people like to be chewed out for trying to help someone.

I'm sure you will take this as a criticism of you, but... really, I'd just like you to reread some of the things people have said to you, and then consider your replies.. and perhaps, just maybe... get some idea about what is really going on here.

I just wanna ask Bluerose a doubt lol. Why did u visit that support group in the first place? I mean what were you looking for there in specific? A friend? A partner? Or just someoen to talk to? ( I m sorry, my country doesn't have support groups like that so I really don't know. If you don't mind telling me the reason behind the visit pls?)

Bluerose, while i know that you do not see it people here did reach out to you. In your pain and anger you slapped them down. This is not the first time for you to act that way here. The people here reacted to that for the most part with amazing restraint. You rationalize your actions as being acceptable based on past mistreatment but are to inward focused to see that pain is not a rarity here. I do understand that every horse thinks his pack is the heaviest but you are not the only one here hurting. As with here, as with your support group, i am sure that you are at odds with people anyplace you have significant interaction with them.

I do hope that you eventually learn how to live with some degree of peace in this world but you will need some acceptance and tolerance before that will ever happen. It would help if you didn't condemn those that you feel don't understand and instead tried to explain. It would be helpful if you didn't try to slap down those that reach out to you. The world isn't out to get you.

Sanal said:
I just wanna ask Bluerose a doubt lol. Why did u visit that support group in the first place? I mean what were you looking for there in specific? A friend? A partner? Or just someoen to talk to? ( I m sorry, my country doesn't have support groups like that so I really don't know. If you don't mind telling me the reason behind the visit pls?)
Animation2011.gif
fresia YOU DICK!!!

Lonesome Crow said:
Sanal said:
Steel said:
Thanks BlueRose.

I walk the talk....
If said I was going to do something...I do it.
No excuses. No justifications. No lost of control. No wanting to control. No wanting to be controlled.

Accept it, process it, then let go.

What you resist persist. Life is not without pains...SUFFERNING IS OPTIONAL.

Dive into the heart of the matter, embrace it with all your might. Beyound your pains there is peace and healing.

Face Everything And Recover...beyound your invisible wall of FEARS...there is LOVE

Drop it.....Could you ? Would you ? When ?

You don't have to do anyhting

You are free.

Will you ALLOW yourself to heal and be free of your suffering and misery ?

There's no garantees in life.
Misery is always refundable

It's okay Sweetheart...I've been called a lot worse than pathedic.
mmm...I'm drawn to pyshco bitches.
I can seriously drown myself into you. LOVE YA !!!!
Can I get your E-mail address and phone number ? :p
However I do have some minimum requirements for insanity...so don't get in over your head and think you're all that..lol

Bluerose, you have reacted angrily to all the advice that has been offered you. I can only presume that this is because you want pity, not advice.

So:

"There there, you poor thing."

Feel better now? Nope? I'm not really surprised, because it was an empty sentiment.

Has it even occurred to you that people here were trying to help you originally? All these people you have labelled pathetic.. were trying to get you to see the bigger picture. You sabotage yourself - because, I believe, it is more comforting to believe that your problems are the fault of others - means it can't be your fault, right?

Wrong. Problems rarely disappear on their own, particularly if someone pretends there is nothing they can do about them.

People here didn't judge you originally. They may have done so now, for few people like to be chewed out for trying to help someone.

I'm sure you will take this as a criticism of you, but... really, I'd just like you to reread some of the things people have said to you, and then consider your replies.. and perhaps, just maybe... get some idea about what is really going on here.

You guys can take your comments and shove it up your ASSES… SO LONG MOTHER *******!!!!

Sanal said:

Bluerose said:
Animation2011.gif
fresia YOU DICK!!!

Seemed like a pretty innocent question to me.

Tsk, tsk. You were warned.
This is what kind of behavior you should NOT engage in if you want to remain on this forum. See you in a month, Bluerose. Maybe. :p

Bluerose said:
Lonesome Crow said:
I've go to differnt 12 step support gorups AA, NA, Alan-on, ACOA.
There's other support groups such as SMART..but that's not free...

The bottom line is...if you want to get well, you'll find a way to get well.
In other words...I attend those **** meetings half of the time which i don't want to go
People call me on my honeysuckle all that time.
I have no excuses...People love me that much otherwise they wouldn't say anything to me.
Just like a close friend of mine on this site will tell me things i don't want to hear...She loves me that much.

Pain dosn't discriminate and everyone of us on this site can testify to that.

I Keep going back to those meetings becuase I'm not cured of LIfe's challenges.
Just like i keep coming here...becuase i still want to get WELL.
Evidently i don't get alone with everyone on here either....But i learned that through my support groups :p

There were so much I had to learn in recovery and I still don't have all the answers.
That's to said that I don't have a lot of answers already.

I was also taught about LIVE and LET LIVE in support groups.
I was also taught about LOVE, PATEINCE and TOLERANCE in support groups.
Evident we didn't hold hands and sang cumbaya all the time in meetings either. [/QUOTE
Naleena said:
RFLMAO!! Hows the finger Blue Rose? Thanks for sending it to me with that scathing rude comment that I won't share on the board. While you can dish out your "stick it up your ass" all you people who don't say what I want to hear, you can't even take a kindly suggestion such as...I know someone who might make a good friend (from a poster who you jumped all over in your earlier posts) to people suggesting you ask for a phone number. You are obviously looking for someone to kiss your ass and tell you that you are right. And god forbid they say the wrong thing! You sister, are an abuser and you use your past as an excuse to be..can I say it? No, I can't but it has 5 letters so let your imagination take over. WHich obviously it has since you think yourself above everyone else. You look for sympathy and you can't even show it. "Whaaaaaaa..someone said I was pathetic!" Yeah? Well what they hell have you said to people on this board? But YOUR different. Right? You can mistreat people cause someone hurt you and you think you are ENTITLED to be a hateful, bitter,person . For god sake...a post about a woman who wanted a phone number. On a scale from 1-10 I'd say that may have been a 0.5 on the rude scale. But you have made it into something horrid! Even went as far as to give someone a dirty look for it! Jesus Christ and the latter day saints! What business is it of yours if someone asked for a phone number? You would think from you JUDGEMENMENTAL (yeah you do it too but, I'm sure you can't admit that, much less see it) hateful post that she had commited some crime. You think you can talk anyway you want to people and then you act like a victim? Can't see how you are mistreating people on this board? Thats right, they DESERVE it according to your warped thinking. And you call me pathetic? RFLMAO!!! You are what some would lable a drama queen...I think of you more as a drama hoe because you lack the grace and good manners of a lady and apparently your not happy unless you are gettin' some (drama) You need to lay off the people on this board who haven't done anything to you. BTW, have a nice day:p
crescendo.daNiente said:
Why are the cute ones always so dense?

And Naleena, five letters? I'm sure we could do better with four! :D

To the mods: Please don't ban her. I haven't had my fun yet. :3

Seriously? Are you seriously saying what I think you're saying?

Listen, princess, I don't get along with Lonesome Crow. In fact, for various reasons I more often than not can't stand him. But from what I do know of him I'd wager that man has been through more pain and tribulation than anyone else here on this board, let alone your petty, self-obsessed ass. What's more -- as anyone who's known me for five minutes can attest -- five out of six of my exes cheated on me, in one form or another, and yet I still cling to a faint but ever-present hope that that one girl's out there. fresia yes, I'm bitter -- and my trust issues are not merely waning, they're non-existent! So don't assume that you're some special ******* case that everyone should take immediate pity on. I'm not offended by your presumptuous assertion that your life has seen more heartache than mine or that of anyone else on this board; I'm merely annoyed. It's glitter-speckled drama whores like you who make me gag at the state of our world. For fresia's sake, get a clue.[/QUOTE
crescendo.daNiente said:
P.S. I wrote "petty," not "pretty." If you read the latter, congratulations, you're a narcissist.[/QUOTE
crescendo.daNiente said:
Really? Her profile didn't state her age. Oh well, her attitude, demeanor, and syntax on this entire thread gave me the strictest impression that she was just another pathetic, hormone-pumped teenager. She speaks for herself

one lonely guy said:

YOUR ALL PATHETIC!!

*twitch* N-no... N-no Y-*twitch*ya wha...? No... mustn't ... agh ... *twitch* ...

It's *YOU'RE* you imbecilic piece of aimless flotsam. Jesus Christ on a Stick, what grade in elementary school did you fall asleep in? You pointless heap of human trash; it's not that ******* HARD! Really, what's the last book you read? "Twilight"? "Eragon"? Judging by your syntax and complete naivety concerning the intricacies of human nature, I don't think you can handle a Hawthorne or a Dostoevsky. Do the world a favor and become sterile; lest those of us with more than two braincells to rub together find a floater's worth of your genetics in OUR gene pool.

*twitch*

I'm really really sorry.

I really am. >.>

You-you said "your" ;/

I'm really really sorry ;/

Minus said:
Sanal said:

Bluerose said:
Animation2011.gif
fresia YOU DICK!!!

Seemed like a pretty innocent question to me.

It was, very much so, Minus. Her response was NOT called for. It just goes to show her state of mind. Poor girl.

I would love to have been surprised.

Unfortunately, she is utterly predictable. *Sigh*

crescendo.daNiente said:
*twitch* N-no... N-no Y-*twitch*ya wha...? No... mustn't ... agh ... *twitch* ...

It's *YOU'RE*[size=small] you imbecilic piece of aimless flotsam. Jesus Christ on a Stick, what grade in elementary school did you fall asleep in? You pointless heap of human trash; it's not that ******* HARD! Really, what's the last book you read? "Twilight"? "Eragon"? Judging by your syntax and complete naivety concerning the intricacies of human nature, I don't think you can handle a Hawthorne or a Dostoevsky. Do the world a favor and become sterile; lest those of us with more than two braincells to rub together find a floater's worth of your genetics in OUR gene pool.

*twitch*

I'm really really sorry.

I really am. >.>

You said "your" ;/

ROFLMAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! @ "twitch" and Eragon!!!!

Screaming in the dark. Perhaps that's the only recourse left for some - shouting to emphasise our own exsistance.

****, now i have Leonard Cohen playing in my head :)

Bluerose said:
Sanal said:
Animation2011.gif
fresia YOU DICK!!!

Thankyou.

That's wrong Eve...She could had been my next GF :(
* left eye twitching*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back