I have learned to accept my lonliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedHitman

Reaction score
For a while I have been depressed because I have no friends or someone I can be happy with and have been to a psych ward twice because of it. But now, I just stopped caring and learned to deal with it. Im not happy or sad, im just like in the middle. I guess this is just who I am, a hermit, a social outcast from society. After realizing this I don't feel depressed anymore. The thought of spending the rest of my life all alone isn't scary anymore. I still have a family that loves me, I guess that's all I need.

StonedHitman said:
For a while I have been depressed because I have no friends or someone I can be happy with and have been to a psych ward twice because of it. But now, I just stopped caring and learned to deal with it. Im not happy or sad, im just like in the middle. I guess this is just who I am, a hermit, a social outcast from society. After realizing this I don't feel depressed anymore. The thought of spending the rest of my life all alone isn't scary anymore. I still have a family that loves me, I guess that's all I need.

Hi there StonedHitman -- We have two things in common: (1) Stewie is my favorite FG character and (2) The "I Am A Rock" lyrics are also very meaningful to me. I'm attaching an angry Stewie picture and posting the complete lyrics for "I Am A Rock". Take care, LG:)

"I AM A ROCK" (Paul Simon)

A winter's day
In a deep and dark December;
I am alone,
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.

I am a rock,
I am an island.

I've built walls,
A fortress deep and mighty,
That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.

I am a rock,
I am an island.

Don't talk of love,
But I've heard the words before;
It's sleeping in my memory.
I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.

I am a rock,
I am an island.

I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.

I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

Attachments

• A-A-StewieG.jpg
    A-A-StewieG.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 287
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

DON'T ACCEPT IT, MAN!!!

THERE IS A WAY OUT OF THIS MESS!!!

PM ME!!!!

good for you, bro. i accepted my loneliness a long time ago too, and since then, the ride has been much less bumpy and depressing. i've learned that this is just the way i am and there's no going around it.

happy times!

thats good stonedhitman. accepting who you are can be so stress relieving. i accepted being alone as far as friends go a few years ago. i mean i still have some but only like 2 that i regularly talk to and i am fine with that. however having never been in any sort of relationship, i havent accepted being alone in that aspect yet. i would like to try it and experience it atleast once. who knows? maybe one day i will accept it if i never find anyone.

Don't accept it! Fight it tooth and nail to the bitter end! Accepting loneliness is giving up on yourself and others. You can have friends that will accept you for who you are. Never give up! At least you can say you tried your best. If it was for nothing...then life is bullshit anyways so who cares.

Life is like a fight, if you've never been in a fight, it's fast.. In a real fight, theirs no time to talk, you have to act or react. But you don't give up, or give in. You fight until you can't stand, see, or think. If at the end of that you still lost, atleast you walk out with your head held high.

Its never EVER too late.

grainofrice24 said:
Don't accept it! Fight it tooth and nail to the bitter end! Accepting loneliness is giving up on yourself and others. You can have friends that will accept you for who you are. Never give up! At least you can say you tried your best. If it was for nothing...then life is bullshit anyways so who cares.

I don't believe im giving up on myself, I gave up on myself when I downed a bottle of pills. But I was given another chance. Im just accepting the fact that im never going to make friends or get into a relationship.

I haven't learnt to accept my loneliness, but I try to cope the best that I can. Christmas newyears and birthdays are the worst for me but I just try to tell myself that it's just another day.

i live with loneliness for years, i love when i'm lonely, i embrace it too. but there are just times when company is what i need to make me sane.
there are no two sides for this coin... alone or not... it has many shades of gray, don't give up on humanity, i'm sure life will get better. you're still young :)

Latest posts

Back