I have no close friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexter

Reaction score
I don't really no what to say about that. Most of the time I can somehow deal with this problem, but sometimes there are these moments when Iu realize it. That can be really annoying, sometimes that makes me sad and sometimes it even makes me angry.

I do not really know what I should do because of that. It is not always that easy for me to talk to other people, it can cost some power in order to approach other people. Lately I even somehow lost my motivation to search for friends.

Dexter said:
I don't really no what to say about that. Most of the time I can somehow deal with this problem, but sometimes there are these moments when Iu realize it. That can be really annoying, sometimes that makes me sad and sometimes it even makes me angry.

I do not really know what I should do because of that. It is not always that easy for me to talk to other people, it can cost some power in order to approach other people. Lately I even somehow lost my motivation to search for friends.

I am pretty much in a very similar situation. I have friends but not anybody I would consider to be close to.

Dexter said:

I'm the same. Although I don't even have any casual friends. Desperately lonely, but I don't have the courage to even attempt to make friends.

Same ...

I don't feel like I have the energy to try and make friends anymore. The mental and emotional energy to try and 'fit in' with someone. And the energy to take another rejection. I just feel defeated by it. Even online.

Doesn't mean I don't want friends though. Just means I don't know what to do. And it's even worse at this time of the year ...

I have friends, but don't feel close to any of them, really. Sometimes I feel lonelier with them than I do alone.

I guess there are alot of people who have similiar problems, but what could we do to change it? It really isn't that easy.

All I have are just some acquaintances, people I rarely see. And if I meet someone, then we are just having some smalltalk (hi, how are you doing, etc.) and thats it.
I have no one to go out with, no one to hang round with, I have to do everythig alone.

For most people it seems to be so easy to get to know new people and find friends, and for some others it seems to be nearly impossible.
(somehow unfair?)

Dexter said:
I guess there are alot of people who have similiar problems, but what could we do to change it? It really isn't that easy.

All I have are just some acquaintances, people I rarely see. And if I meet someone, then we are just having some smalltalk (hi, how are you doing, etc.) and thats it.
I have no one to go out with, no one to hang round with, I have to do everythig alone.

For most people it seems to be so easy to get to know new people and find friends, and for some others it seems to be nearly impossible.
(somehow unfair?)

I love a recent post on the forum that said, albeit comedically of course, "We should start our own country or something". If only...

can't really add anything to this thread - the few times I was lucky enough to have some close friends (all disappeared for one reason or the other) it happened naturally, just met, started talking, and there was a click, have no idea why now it doesn't happen anymore. It could have something to do with the capacity of opening up to strangers, that means also a capacity to take rejection.

Neither do I. Join the club.

I suppose it should come as no surprise that there are others in our boat here. I think we have to learn to be our own best friend first and foremost.

I actually can be very outgoing. However, I just don't get to know most people well enough to be friends. Friendship is a two way street and I rarely meet someone who seems even remotely interested in being friends(same thing with females for dating actually). I guess I just don't know where and how to meet people. So for me it often seems to be more of a logistics problem than a shyness thing.

Great, thanks for all your advices.
I guess now I can easily solve my problem :p

This forum has over 17.000 members, is there really no one who has any advice for me?

Seosa2 said:
Dexter said:
This forum has over 17.000 members, is there really no one who has any advice for me?

We're all here for a reason, fella, :(

Sadly I can only agree. I am not on here due to my booming social life or for having many close confidants, so I too cannot offer much in terms of advice as I can't seem to do it myself.

However, although we might not be able to offer advice on how to alleviate the situation, we can at least offer the support that comes with knowing exactly how you feel :)

Dexter said:

You could probably get advice from searching Yahoo! answers. The problem is that this is ostensibly a place for those who are familiar with that advice and for whom these pat solutions are no quick-fix. Well, that's the case for me, I can't speak for others.

thegreyman said:
You could probably get advice from searching Yahoo! answers. The problem is that this is ostensibly a place for those who are familiar with that advice and for whom these pat solutions are no quick-fix. Well, that's the case for me, I can't speak for others.

There are indeed some helpful comments on websites like this, but I don't feel like the advices there are really helping me that much in the end.

I know how you feel. I feel lucky to have friends at all. But they are far from friendly a lot of the time. More often then not, they are a handful to deal with. They back-chat, lie and insult each-other. But maybe this is what friendship is all about and maybe I ask too much. I don't know. I never stop searching though. You should always be open to new friends. Usually when you least expect it, someone potentially majorly important just shows up into your life.

I must say that things have changed drastically in a short time. It wasn't so long ago that I used to meet new people all the time somehow. Either through friends or online, through MSN/Facebook/Youtube ect. Now my friends don't want to share their other friends for some reason and online, no one seems bothered enough to converse. That's how it is with me at least. Strange stuff!

I have friends but they just aren't very present in my life. Leftover from college, I guess.

I will say this though..... I started working out a year ago and going to the gym a lot and since then I haven't been so focused on my lack of friends, but more on myself. It's way easier and I feel good about myself 99% of the time because of it. That's the most important right?

cqyl said:
I have friends but they just aren't very present in my life. Leftover from college, I guess.

I will say this though..... I started working out a year ago and going to the gym a lot and since then I haven't been so focused on my lack of friends, but more on myself. It's way easier and I feel good about myself 99% of the time because of it. That's the most important right?

I agree, the most important thing is to feel good about one self, but every person needs different things in order to feel good.
For you it might work to go to the gym, but it doesn't work for everyone.

Latest posts

Back