I have no emotions.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stabilityisalie

Reaction score
I recently came back from my ballet boarding school due to my mental health problems. I don't know whats happening to me now and I'm not sure if I am even concerned about my self. I have to emotion to anything anymore, I have no reactions to anything and I feel like a robot. Its affecting me in all aspects of my life including school, dance, and relationships.
For example, I was at my house over the weekend and my older brother and his best friend Jack (I'm not using his real name) was with him. Jack had been flirting with me for the past few weeks and when my brother fell asleep, Jack kissed me. I don't know what I think about it, I don't know know what I feel about it. I told my mother that I am struggling to find emotions but she has rejected my attempt for help. I find no purpose in my life anymore. I don't even know how I feel about that.

stabilityisalie said:
I recently came back from my ballet boarding school due to my mental health problems. I don't know whats happening to me now and I'm not sure if I am even concerned about my self. I have to emotion to anything anymore, I have no reactions to anything and I feel like a robot. Its affecting me in all aspects of my life including school, dance, and relationships.
For example, I was at my house over the weekend and my older brother and his best friend Jack (I'm not using his real name) was with him. Jack had been flirting with me for the past few weeks and when my brother fell asleep, Jack kissed me. I don't know what I think about it, I don't know know what I feel about it. I told my mother that I am struggling to find emotions but she has rejected my attempt for help. I find no purpose in my life anymore. I don't even know how I feel about that.

I would suggest talking about this and trying to find more about this change in you. I'm sorry that your mother rejected your attempt for help but don't be discourange by it. Keep trying.

Is this a problem that started overnight. Do you still feel empathy for others? Are you depressed?

You mention that you have come back from boarding school due to mental health problems. I'm not clear from you post if your lack of emotion is the whole problem, or if you have had a diagnosis of some kind and this state is part of that.

I think you might need to see a doctor about this, if you haven't already done so. There could be a number of explanations, some more serious than others, and its not good that you don't know what's going on for you. You need to try and find out,I think.

If you have been diagnosed with a mental illness, go back to your doctor and explain about how you are feeling ( or rather, not feeling ). Ask them what this means for you, what you might expect. If you are on medication it could be a side effect.

I hope that you find some answers and do, please, keep trying to find them, its important.

Latest posts

Back