I have nothing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sling

Reaction score
I'm always going to be alone, I'll never love anyone, never get married, never have any kind of significant relationship. I'm unattractive and uncharismatic and I have too many depression issues and insecurities to be a good partner to anyone.

My father used to tell me I was going to turn into a worthless loser living in a crappy apartment with a dead-end job and going nowhere with my life. Fast forward a few years, surprise surprise, he was right.

I wish I was dead.

I know what you are feeling. I've recently had feelings of worthlessness to go with my loneliness. I've always felt that if I were successful that I would have a partner and a quality relationship. But alas my personal life is a mess. I don't work, I don't have a driving licence so don't own a car, I am perpetually broke, I don't have any friends, my house is a disaster zone. Everything I've touched, I've ruined. My only success is my daughter who despite my failings is a wonderful girl with a lot of promise. I will help to build her up so that she will become a successful adult. Unlike my mother who constantly tells me that I am useless. If I had been heaped with praise and encouragement instead of being showered with put downs, insults and derision maybe my life would have been very different and I would have been a success. My confidence is at rock bottom and that is the main reason why I don't have anything. As I write this I've decided to limit my contact with my mother and address all the failings in my life. I am an adult now and its time to take control of my life and not let her negativity keep me in a place that has given me nothing but unhappiness and self-loathing. Perhaps you should do the same. Stay away from your father if he has nothing good to say about you. Address the areas in your life that you are unhappy with, ie change jobs, get a nicer apartment. Those changes alone will make you happier and more confident. Confidence alone is enough to attract a partner. Once you are happy in your life your father will have no reason to call you worthless and if he does then you'll have the confidence to brush it off. Perhaps he is just unhappy about his own life but don't let him spoil yours. I wish you all the best. PM me if you wish.

Sling said:
I'm always going to be alone, I'll never love anyone, never get married, never have any kind of significant relationship. I'm unattractive and uncharismatic and I have too many depression issues and insecurities to be a good partner to anyone.

You have a job and you aren't homeless. There are worse things than a dead-end job and a crappy apartment. :)

You are not a worthless loser. You're a contributing member of society thank you very much.

fuckyourdad. -.-

*hugs sling*

and first off you don't know the future known of us do, you can still find someone

:)

and second stop thinking that you are worthless and unattractive, that just adds to your problem

I bet you're pretty good looking and have a lot to offer the world

and beleive things like your loser dad said, only creates the self fulling procephy

http://changingminds.org/explanations/theories/self-fulfilling_prophecy.htm

"if a person thinks we are clever or stupid or whatever, they will treat us that way. If we are treated as if we are clever, stupid or whatever, we will act, and even become, this way. The person has thus had their prophecy about us fulfilled!"

Youre going about it the wrong way...
What you should do is....move back into ur parents...and play the boomer rang kid.

mmm...Thats what ive been doing for the past 3 yrs..I moved back home to live with my parents..My mom dosnt mind much...but It almost drove my father to his grave....hahahaaaa
Thats what he gets for being an irresponsible parent ...instead of encouraging me, spending time with, help me, raised me...stupid ass was always taking his crap out on me N putting me down..
He reap what he sowed...hahahaaa

spent half of life trying to clean my head of the bullshit he filled in my head...
The professional version is programming and conditioning.
Or...a mental blueprint.

SophiaGrace said:
Sling said:

You have a job and you aren't homeless. There are worse things than a dead-end job and a crappy apartment. :)

You are not a worthless loser. You're a contributing member of society thank you very much.

fuckyourdad. -.-

Thats some good advice. It's true what they say you can make a hell out of heaven or a heaven out of hell. You got a decent foundation to improve your life.

You are born for a reason..perhaps think of you self like a tiny clockworks wheel that makes the world tick !
Ofc there are different kinds of these wheel..like the big boss ones and the tiny workers, but remember..with out the workers then the boss has nothing to tick with ;)

Dont go and blame your dad for anything..be the bigger man and create your own clockworks wheel size :)
Be the hour wheel or the minute wheel..your choise

You are somebody and it is not your fault. Don't ever let anyone knock you down and keep you from your goals. You have friends here that will give you advice and help any way possible. I get depressed now and then but I've realized there are those out there who have it worse than I do. So I get up and keep living...and fighting for a tomorrow of my own. That tomorrow is mine and mine only...no one can own and steal my own tomorrow. Keep fighting for your own future and whatever you choose do to...will be you. Ok? :)

Lonesome Crow said:
Youre going about it the wrong way...
What you should do is....move back into ur parents...and play the boomer rang kid.

Not possible. Mother is not a good person to be around, to put it lightly, and she would be unable to have me back even if it weren't so. Father is out of the picture completely and wouldn't piss on me if I were on fire.

I'm not sure that I have much to offer. I think because I've spent my entire life hiding from people, now I don't have any experience built up, so I don't know what to do in an adult relationship even if I could create one. That's why I think I'm worthless.

youve got life, and with life there is always hope... i thought that I would not find anyone either but then I told myself to have hope and to try and I did find someone. Right now I have no job either, and pretty much it is really hard to be hopeful about getting a job, but I am trying :p

hope is more important than you may think. have hope.

I guess it's just hard to have hope when I've been hoping for years but this kind of life I'm living now is the only kind I know how to live.

Please don't say such things. There is hope. Truly! It's just when you are depressed you cannot see it. You need to surround yourself with healing thoughts/books/people. You are not alone, there are many like you. There are many books out there to help you socially/mentally/emotionally. I would join a New Thought church. Very nice people into healing. Louise Hay stuff...start there. She healed herself from debilitating low self-esteem and abusive parents. Read stories of others who came from abusive backgrounds and discover how they healed themselves.

Know you are worthwhile. You are worth knowing. You deserve a good life. Become an example of what others like you (and there are many) can do to help themselves.

It will take a long time...but it can be done. Affirmations, mediation, healing books, healing people, nature, etc will all help.

Sling said:

My father used to tell me I was going to turn into a worthless loser living in a crappy apartment with a dead-end job and going nowhere with my life. Fast forward a few years, surprise surprise, he was right.

I wish I was dead.

Change your thinking change ur life.

Llearn new things..try new things or ideas...

Do reserch on negative self talk or the negative vioce.. Ur enternal dialog.
Get to know urself..how ur mind works. Your brain function not much different than a computer...your beliefs and ideas are bascailly like software.
You can replace beliefs N ideas anytime you choose....its this simple.

You are not ur thought.feelings or habits....You have habits.
Therefore...ur habits can be change.
Your thoughs can be ulter.

or just go out and buy a new pair of shoes....something different..
Make small changes..
alter anything...move ur furniture around...try listening to different music..ect..

You are not who you think you are but who you think you are....

The bibble says it in a different way..
I forget what verse...
what comes into a man dosnt make a man and what comesth out of a man dosnt make a man..but what comesth out of a man makes a man..
Cast all fualts prophets into the dought (honeysuckle or bullshit)

All its saying is..its you programing or conditioning . You however have the power and chioce to change that.
Treat your fathers ideas as bullshit...

sad to see you have this thought,we are lonely,but we can do more.Dont give up yourself,find some interesting thing to do or chat with us

Latest posts

Back