I just don't know what to do..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

ExtensivexLDL

I have a huge-ass essay due tomorrow in my 'favourite' (sarcasm) university class - cognitive science and i haven't even started the f**ing thing. How i got to this point i have no ******* clue and this seems to happen to me over and over again for some retarded reason. I am never the type of person to solely blame circumstances for my misfortunes, but it's extremely mentally exhausting to always realize that you're one step below the appropriate the standard..

So yeah, i messed-up again and I need some dire advice right now as to what to do. As things are right now, i will probably not write a good essay no matter which decision i choose or however hard i'll try to push myself. But i need to have something concrete in mind, some detailed course of action as to how to proceed and i can't seem to settle on one...

Now this essay is 25% of my overall mark and should i receive a less than a satisfactory mark on this paper, i'll have to perform the logically unthinkable, which would be to get a REALLY good mark on the final exam or otherwise risk failing the course. AGAIN. And that is pathetic..

So what the hell can i do now? (and as i said i'd really appreciate some concrete advice from anyone/ detailed plan of action)..

The standards for my essay are:

-at least 2500 words (which is about 6 pages if you count for all the indentations, etc..)
-at least 10 sources to use and include in the bibliography (books and articles)
-embedded citations- MLA or APA format
-... and it has to be argumentative and have a challenging thesis..

What I have so far:

1. a thesis which i don't really feel confident utilizing

2. an (almost) appropriate amount of sources for the essay

My problems

- I'm not really confident if the thesis that i came up with is appropriate enough as i think it's too simplistic.

- I have doubts about the quantity of the information that is relevant to my topic and that being said i don't really know WHAT IS relevant to my topic since i barely know anything about it

- That being said, i'm not sure if i should risk properly going over my material in order to get a better understanding of it and to pick out what i 'think' is relevant since i have so litttle time left

- From that, I also don't know if i should or shouldn't aim to hand in the crap that i'll call my essay tomorrow or maybe a day or two later (since there is the course-related option of handing in an essay late, but with a 5% penalty per day (not just a school-day))

-And finally, I have NO IDEA about how i'll structure my essay (i.e. how the themes and the discussions which I'll be (probably) be trying to cover will[/align] be compartmentalized among the paragraphs of my essay. And once again this all relates to the problem of not knowing my topic well at all (which in turn relates to the problem of having little time to try to properly get acquianted with it and to try to really figure out what may be relevant to include in the paper)

So could anyone suggest me something concrete and detailed in essence which i could do at this point and which i wouldn't regret as the (most :p) wrong decision to make?

P.S. I usually don't post my academic problems online but i'm pretty desperate right now :)

So thanks to whoever read all this and i'd appreciate some input :)

coffeee....lots and lots of coffeee :p

just get it done...it's too late to worry about quality...
Hell just stop worrying...you wrote almost a 1000 words on your post alone...lol

Lonesome Crow said:
just get it done...it's too late to worry about quality...
Hell just stop worrying...you wrote almost a 1000 words on your post alone...lol

that's a lil more like it :p... yet i'm afraid of plagiarism :(... (???)

hey don't be too hard on your self extensivexLDL,

you're a pretty smart guy i'm sure you can do this.

hey i just looked up cognitive science sounds kinda interesting,

so this is like the science of thinking cool

well i haven't been to college yet, but next year i am. So far this year I've written a bunch of essays for my Ap pysche class, many of which have been done just a day or two before they were due, when i had oteher stuff to do.

Now i'm not an expert ad i know college expectations are a lot harder, but first off i know this is hard cause i love it!!

stop fiddling around on forums and facebook, except every 500 words i like to put on my updates i'm getting through my essay.
umm play loud music, get some vitamin C i guess so you don't get a cold from staying up late, and stay up all night to get this done it's not too late you can do this

right now it doesn't matter if it's not perfect or great at this point a C is a Hell of a lot better than a failing grade or not getting it turned in at all.

--- good college essay will reflect your creativity in the composition as well as in criticism, you make. When you are including critical thoughts, it makes your essay much more unique than the others. Composing a good college essay involves time and energy. To stay up late, avoid energy drinks or items that may cause your body to want to shut down after short periods of time. Stick to keeping your blood flowing by stretching periodically. Music may also be something that keeps your mind focused as you start to wander off your essay topic late into the game. If you feel you must have some type of food to help you out then have an apple or other fruit that has a good amount of natural sugar. Though caffeine may cause you to crash, black tea may also be something to consider.

Apart from being critical in your approach do not forget to follow the basic steps you usually follow while writing an essay. Choose a suitable subject matter, arrange your thoughts logically, use correct expressions, keep you essay short and simple and manage the topic in a logical manner. Do not forget, your essay should have an introduction a body and a conclusion. Overall compose the essay in an organized manner.

drinking water is good, get your blood moving a little run around in cricles, do jumping jacks, splash cold water on your face and most importantly DON'T GIVE UP!!

you can take a nap after class tommorrow, don't fall asleep

here's the rest of the article

http://collegematchingservice.com/e...-a-college-essay-staying-awake-all-night.html

now here's the wiki article so all the info you need

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_science

now i know colleges don't like wiki

but at the bottom there's a bunch of sources and extra links,

ooh it's got some stuff on AI, write about that and what you think would happen if robots could think and why they would want kill all mankind
talk about the scifi movies and how they compare and contrasts, write about your own thoughts

okay now don't think about how you're going to write your essya just start NOW

you can do an intro and organize it when your down by cutting and pasting, make sure you save your work

just start writing about what you think and how it relates to the science of thinking, just let the thoughts come to you, if you get stuck read some more info and reflect on that, I once wrote an 11 page essay on memory within 2 days

you can do this now start writing until you're finished WRITE YOUR ASS OFF!!!

GO GO GO GO GO

pkay hopefully now you're motvated and got the info,

best of luck to you

:)

evanescencefan91 said:
hey don't be too hard on your self extensivexLDL,

you're a pretty smart guy i'm sure you can do this.

hey i just looked up cognitive science sounds kinda interesting,

so this is like the science of thinking cool

well i haven't been to college yet, but next year i am. So far this year I've written a bunch of essays for my Ap pysche class, many of which have been done just a day or two before they were due, when i had oteher stuff to do.

Now i'm not an expert ad i know college expectations are a lot harder, but first off i know this is hard cause i love it!!

stop fiddling around on forums and facebook, except every 500 words i like to put on my updates i'm getting through my essay.
umm play loud music, get some vitamin C i guess so you don't get a cold from staying up late, and stay up all night to get this done it's not too late you can do this

right now it doesn't matter if it's not perfect or great at this point a C is a Hell of a lot better than a failing grade or not getting it turned in at all.

--- good college essay will reflect your creativity in the composition as well as in criticism, you make. When you are including critical thoughts, it makes your essay much more unique than the others. Composing a good college essay involves time and energy. To stay up late, avoid energy drinks or items that may cause your body to want to shut down after short periods of time. Stick to keeping your blood flowing by stretching periodically. Music may also be something that keeps your mind focused as you start to wander off your essay topic late into the game. If you feel you must have some type of food to help you out then have an apple or other fruit that has a good amount of natural sugar. Though caffeine may cause you to crash, black tea may also be something to consider.

Apart from being critical in your approach do not forget to follow the basic steps you usually follow while writing an essay. Choose a suitable subject matter, arrange your thoughts logically, use correct expressions, keep you essay short and simple and manage the topic in a logical manner. Do not forget, your essay should have an introduction a body and a conclusion. Overall compose the essay in an organized manner.

drinking water is good, get your blood moving a little run around in cricles, do jumping jacks, splash cold water on your face and most importantly DON'T GIVE UP!!

you can take a nap after class tommorrow, don't fall asleep

here's the rest of the article

http://collegematchingservice.com/e...-a-college-essay-staying-awake-all-night.html

now here's the wiki article so all the info you need

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_science

now i know colleges don't like wiki

but at the bottom there's a bunch of sources and extra links,

ooh it's got some stuff on AI, write about that and what you think would happen if robots could think and why they would want kill all mankind
talk about the scifi movies and how they compare and contrasts, write about your own thoughts

okay now don't think about how you're going to write your essya just start NOW

you can do an intro and organize it when your down by cutting and pasting, make sure you save your work

just start writing about what you think and how it relates to the science of thinking, just let the thoughts come to you, if you get stuck read some more info and reflect on that, I once wrote an 11 page essay on memory within 2 days

you can do this now start writing until you're finished WRITE YOUR ASS OFF!!!

GO GO GO GO GO

pkay hopefully now you're motvated and got the info,

best of luck to you

:)

Holy honeysuckle, thanks so much..
You're a great girl :)

Latest posts

Back