I need some job advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haz

Reaction score
so I have a trial with this Italian restaurant chain as a chef

and also this other club that seems extremely interested with getting me on staff

i've never had two businesses at once interested in hiring me before, should I just attend a few trial days for both and see how it goes? I just don't know what sort of impression it gives to the employer if you tell them you can't come in certain days because of trialing another job

thanks

Good question; I've never had that situation before. It will obviously be a bad impression if you are picking and choosing, but suggest that you might be studying or have some other obligation that prevents you from coming in not during your trial days?

I was thinking about that, but also wondering if the impression i'm in demand could be used to my advantage.

I'd have to phrase it right.

Haz said:
I was thinking about that, but also wondering if the impression i'm in demand could be used to my advantage.

I'd have to phrase it right.

I would only risk that if you have some extremely rare or difficult to replace skill, something that makes you uniquely qualified that you can risk offending your potential employers. Do you have something like that, such as a rare second language skill?

I can speak about 4 or 5 words of punjabi thanks to my last job lol. but no, not really

I wouldn't gamble on it if I was you, then. Clearly defined risk exceeds undefined reward. Let us know how it works out, either way.

So I chose the club, start next wednesday. Stoked.

Latest posts

Back