I need to stand up to people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
African_weasel said:
What kills me the most is when someone does not know how to deal with it properly and don't take the time to or just give up entirely. I obviously just pick up the slack if not the whole issue.

You can't "save" people. If they don't want to be helped, then there's nothing you can do. Drug dealers, bank robbers, whatever else... if they're content with what they do, you need to leave it be. There's only so much you can do (even if you were a cop) to attempt to turn someone's life around. You can't change people.

Helping people, on a mental level, is very hard. I think even for therapists is hard sometimes. Normally no one listens to anyone except when they say sometinh they agree according to their current perception... So how do you fight against their denial? it's really, really hard.

Don't just go into law enforcement to change people. There are too many police out there who are control freaks, to the point of being abusive and unhumane.

I'm writing down ideas for my documentary as a result of this post. I know I can't make someone change for me or other people and have to let them change for themselves. However, I can at least make them aware of what they're doing to their families and friends. As well as the the people that aren't even connected to them. I.E: the people who make or grow the drugs. My goal isn't to demonize it but to really make them think about what they are doing to these people. Aside from supporting illegal activity. I'm standing up for myself in this form at least.

every time I see this listed in the forum..i see the title as " I need to stand up to pee" I don't know why...but that's what I see every time! I will now take the time to read this and post a productive response.

Danielle said:
every time I see this listed in the forum..i see the title as " I need to stand up to pee" I don't know why...but that's what I see every time! I will now take the time to read this and post a productive response.

Okay, kay, kay.

Latest posts

Back