I treated GF like horrible jerk and feel guilty

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when is giving advice considered trolling? Seriously - mostly if girls are put in a situation like this, they don't want to remember it. Quite honestly, they want to delete everything that happened out of their mind. She's probably forgotten you by now too. Don't go and hurt her feelings and make her relive everything she regrets, and probably things she wishes she had never decided because you feel like apologising. Write it off - make a song, sing, scream it over the hills, but you should leave her alone.

And I still think you should re-think about the use of the word "pussy" on a forum like this. It's just not proper to use such a word, in my opinion. It indicates a low view of women.

Badjedidude said:
Peter.EU said:
Bad Jedi, still don't understand and you are weird.

But am I the only one? :O

Because, ya know...

...there can be only one.

The only weird one? No, but you rank pretty high in the list :D

Lowlander said:
There is nothing wrong with my eyes, by the way

What'd you say? Could you speak up? I have problems hearing with my eyes :(

TheRealCallie said:
Badjedidude said:
Peter.EU said:

Because, ya know...

Lowlander said:

COULD YOU REPEAT THAT PLEASE?

And although the OP claims to have me on ignore, I will put in my two cents. You want to apologize for YOUR piece of mind, but you know what....YOUR piece of mind means nothing in this case, because she likely doesn't need or want any more false claims from you. And I can guarantee you that is what they will be....at the very least, it will be that way in HER eyes.

Will you apologizing to her (AGAIN) make her feel better about it when she has already moved on from you? No, so why would you put her in a place to have to think about your controlling, abusive self yet again?

PieBeNice said:
TheRealCallie said:
Badjedidude said:

You do know that you don't hear with your eyes, don't you?

Yes I do hear with my eyes :club:

TheRealCallie said:
And although the OP claims to have me on ignore, I will put in my two cents. You want to apologize for YOUR piece of mind, but you know what....YOUR piece of mind means nothing in this case, because she likely doesn't need or want any more false claims from you. And I can guarantee you that is what they will be....at the very least, it will be that way in HER eyes.

Will you apologizing to her (AGAIN) make her feel better about it when she has already moved on from you? No, so why would you put her in a place to have to think about your controlling, abusive self yet again?

basically what she and I said.. Don't be selfish by wanting to clear your conscience and leave her alone.
(quoted so he can read)

Lowlander said:
TheRealCallie said:
Badjedidude said:
Peter.EU said:

Because, ya know...

Lowlander said:

COULD YOU REPEAT THAT PLEASE?

I can't hear you

Rainbows said:
TheRealCallie said:

basically what she and I said.. Don't be selfish by wanting to clear your conscience and leave her alone.

Oh, well then, you gave good advice. I seem to have skipped the relevant part of the thread. (Hehe)

TheRealCallie said:
Oh, well then, you gave good advice. I seem to have skipped the relevant part of the thread. (Hehe)

just quoted so he could see, honey.

TheRealCallie said:

PieBeNice said:
TheRealCallie said:
Badjedidude said:

You do know that you don't hear with your eyes, don't you?

Yes I do hear with my eyes :club:

k

Yeah, you were a jerk. You still are a bit for what I can see, but even then, you shouldn't look for her: don't make her lose her peace of mind just because you want yours after screwing up badly. Feeling guilty about it is one the consequences that you will have to deal with if you really have changed.

Is this thread about gay people? People who can't see? People who skip through threads? People who can't hear? People with moustaches? People who like moustaches?

*scroll back*

Aha- none of the above, it's about some guy acting like a ****** towards a girl and still dealing with guilt....

Can't help you there but I can supply moustache rides :D

Hey Peter,

I think I know where the confusion is coming from. I remember you posted a thread saying you moved to India or Pakistan or one of those places, and were either confused as to why gay people seemed to take a liking to you there, or were misinterpreting local customs as being gay. I have never been to that region and was not there firsthand, so I don't know which it is either. But people probably just remember that thread and that it was something to do with people who were gay, and through faulty memory just associated you with that topic.

Also, I think there's a cultural misunderstanding going on. The picture of the Scottish guy with the sword and the quote "there can be only one" is a reference to the show (or movie?) Highlander. I'm not sure if you've heard of it. I don't know what it has to do with your predicament either, but that's what it is from.

As for your topic, I don't know what to say. If it were me, I would apologize to her. But idk. It's up to you.

I'm only glad you knew how you treated her was really horrible. I don't think it helped with her self esteem issues, if anything, it only worsened them. I was in a similar position before, and if my ex were to contact me again - there's a reason why I am keeping anonymous a lot and hiding my identity mainly because of him. I wouldn't want to meet or talk or hear from him again. Because firstly, I've moved on, I've worked my ways out of that time period and secondly, I'm feeling better, in a better frame of mind, I've improved with my self esteem issues, I don't think I'll know how to handle seeing someone who's abused me before in that manner.

My opinion, for her sake, just leave her be. Let her move on. You trying to contact her might just trigger anxiety or panic attacks or whatever cos I surely have imagined such episodes happening if my ex were to ever find me again.

If you want to make apologies, do it within your heart and sincerely too. Then do more good things to others to sort of compensate the bad things you've done. For the rest of your life. That's all I can think of, for you on your end.

Three years are a long time for insight but I guess this kinda thing takes a while sometimes. But it's your insight alone and you should keep it to yourself. Let the past rest and deal with its consequences. It's probably gonna do more harm than good when you try to reinitialize contact with her just to validate your feeling of remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back