I used to think socializing was easier when I was drunk...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futurecatlady

Reaction score
but then I realized that in fact, it's easier when other people are drunk. When everyone else is sober, no one pays much attention to me at all, regardless of how sober/drunk/friendly/reclusive I am. But when everyone else is drunk, it's like I'm on top of the world. People actually talk to me for appreciable amounts of time, and the alcohol makes them think whatever I'm saying is interesting. I can know, briefly, what it feels like to be a normal person who does not repel others. It's enough to make me wish everyone was slightly drunk all the time (except when they're driving!).

It's disappointing to realize that these things may not be much in my hands at all...

It sounds like they could find you intimidating.

Alcohol has many times pulled brightly colored and fancy wool over my eyes, not that it helped in the long run. All booze ever does is trim the sides of a given situation. When the party's over I rarely have much to say to my drinking peers. fresia em. Drink tea.

You are right OP.
I agree.
Come to think of it, when I was young I didn't have very good relation to my father, he wouldn't talk to me a lot. However I remember that I used to actually like it when he drank. He would talk to me more then.
It wasn't just with him however, I recall this with other people too.

I think that alcohol, for certain people, and when used responsibly and moderately, can be a good thing. For other people though it just not good at all.

Drunks see things differently. That's why two drunk people could understand each other better.
But if you're sober and the other guy drunk, he may just forget all this later. Not everything what happened, but the way he felt, it's a different state of mind.
Maybe it is easier to socialize with drunks, makes less sense though.

Latest posts

Back