I want to show my Girlfriend I really love her.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hijacc

Reaction score
Okay, so this may not seem like a big deal to you. But me and my GF have been together for a month, and yes I realize this is not very long but we are very happy together. Anyways, Exactly 1 month ago from friday me and her got back together after going through a bit of a rough time. (I'm a virgin and she's not, it bothers me alot but we're working through it if you have any advice please express it it's much appreciated.) Anyways she wants to celebrate this friday, why? Because my Gf is silly and but I love her anyways. I HAD a pretty good Idea, but I want to do something unoriginal to show her I love her. ANyone got some good Ideas or advice from the ladies?

It always bugs me a little when someone tells me that they've been with someone for a MONTH and love them. It just seems to me like actual, deep-rooted, stable LOVE would take longer to grow. *shrug* Maybe I'm just oldskool or something.

Hijjacc said:
I HAD a pretty good Idea, but I want to do something unoriginal to show her I love her.

Lol ummmmm....you want to do something UN-original? Flowers and candy, I guess. That's pretty unoriginal. Sorry I don't have any great advice...I'd have to know more about your gf's tastes and interests to be able to recommend anything really personal or emotionally viable.

I'll shuddap now so a female can help ya. :p

----Steve

She's trainning you ..man
You better stamp that daY on your forehead. And your wedding day. And the day you popose to her.
And the day you first did it in the back seat of the car. And the day your baby was born.
Last but not least...ya better circle this on your calender becuase you're going to have to scehdule your
life around it...Her PMS day or you might have to remember the day she first bitched slapped your ass.

P.S..don't let her wear your fucken pants..she'll get rag stains on it :p

I meant original and as for the love thing I think its better to say "I want to show my gf how much I love her" than "how much I like her" plus I see a difference bewteen "I love you" and "I'm in love with you"

Hijjacc said:
and as for the love thing I think its better to say "I want to show my gf how much I love her" than "how much I like her"

Why? What's wrong with simply liking a girlfriend? It doesn't always have to be LOVE, even if you have strong feelings for her. I just don't understand society these days. What's with this insane drive to pair off into exclusive relationships at such young ages? I'm not saying anything personally against you, Hijjacc, by the way.

----Steve

Hijacc said:
I meant original and as for the love thing I think its better to say "I want to show my gf how much I love her" than "how much I like her" plus I see a difference bewteen "I love you" and "I'm in love with you"

how do you mean???
If you love her ..just show her what you got.

Don't trip, dude. Just go with the flow....
Get her flowers...Duh

Or some priceless gift. Like your poams...
The part of you that expresses the love you have for her.
It'll be original and from the heart.

I wrote a song for Chelle..she loves it. She's always going to remember it. It's her song from my heart.

Here's the secret dude...women loves flowers becuase it's beautiful and smells good...but that's not the entire thing.
It's about you still being in love with her...becuase the flower will weather away...as in the feeling of being in love.
A woman wants you to be in love with her....always...becuase couples take each other for granted and let the flame die.
By you getting her flowers consistantly (not just on specail occasions) it's a sign of you still being in love with her.
Most guys make the mistakes of stop chasing thier woman after...
It's growth or progress...now that you learned how to get a girl...the next step is learn how to keep her.

Badjedidude said:
Hijjacc said:
and as for the love thing I think its better to say "I want to show my gf how much I love her" than "how much I like her"

Why? What's wrong with simply liking a girlfriend? It doesn't always have to be LOVE, even if you have strong feelings for her. I just don't understand society these days. What's with this insane drive to pair off into exclusive relationships at such young ages? I'm not saying anything personally against you, Hijjacc, by the way.

----Steve

No I know, I get what you're saying. Most teens are so quick to jump into a relationship and call it love that they forget the little things and their relationship falls apart. I KNOW I'm not in love but I do love her. To me their is a diffrence.

well one of the sweetest thing a guy ever did for me; to show me love was;

he made me a book. Well okay, he has done other things as well. But that was the nicest gift I got.

He used an old book. stuck pages together, and wrote things to me, and he put a flower in, and a toy plane, and different things, and he took apart a key-board. The letters of the key-board were used to write at the end of the book that he loved me.

And in the pages were notes, one page had a love letter, it was what he wrote before we were a couple... he was trying to write to me that he loved me but he didnt give me the letter before.

hmm.. yea it is a very nice book, very original. i loved it :)

loketron said:
dont be a fool women are evil,
except for Ctfan because i got MAD respect for her...

Ok, I ♥ you, Loke you know that, but I ought to smack you for the "all women are evil" comment. ARGH!!

;-)

Lonesome Crow said:
She's trainning you ..man
You better stamp that daY on your forehead. And your wedding day. And the day you popose to her.
And the day you first did it in the back seat of the car. And the day your baby was born.
Last but not least...ya better circle this on your calender becuase you're going to have to scehdule your
life around it...Her PMS day or you might have to remember the day she first bitched slapped your ass.

P.S..don't let her wear your fucken pants..she'll get rag stains on it :p

Yeah, LC just because you've run into some high-maintenance psycho-bitches in your life does not mean that we all are controlling, demanding harpies.

Hijacc said:
I HAD a pretty good Idea, but I want to do something unoriginal to show her I love her. ANyone got some good Ideas or advice from the ladies?

First, what's your idea?

Second, speaking for myself, I like things that are personal. I am always really tickled to find out that some guy spent the time to discover what I like to do or what my interests are and tried to surprise me with something along those lines.

Now some girls/women have been conned into believing that the only good things to get out of men are the traditional flowers, jewelry, and other expensive items. If you've got yourself one of those girls, then I'm sorry. Those sorts of people (men and women alike) may have a difficult time seeing beyond the price tag to see the real thought and value in an action.

For example, the hands-down most romantic celebration I had was an impromptu evening in a kind of cheap inn at the ocean during a blizzard. Everything that would normally have been open was closed - including our favorite restaurant, so we ventured out into the snow on foot to piece together a meal of wine, bread and cheese. The inn had a fireplace with a roaring fire and candles everywhere. It was not the evening we had planned, but it was magical and way better than we'd anticipated.

So, think of the types of things that she likes... which you also would find interesting, there is no call to be a martyr, not even for love... and maybe create something around that. I mean, I love picnics. Is that lame? Probably. I like music, too. Some time together in a park listening to music together with snackie foods just relaxed and chilling out together is heavenly to me. A movie junkie might like an evening on the couch with favorite videos.

HELL would be going out to some loud club/meat market. I'd rather spend time together one-on-one with someone for those special occasions.

However, you have to ask yourself if a large part of her fun is parading you out in public. If that's the case, she might want something more public so she can show you off.

I hope some of this helped. I'm happy to hear that you are happy. :)

Unfortunately I was limited due to the fact that most of the money earned this week went towards concert tickets for me and her in may. And this may seem cheesy but she always calls me panda so I was trying to find a giant stuffed panda (you have no **** clue how hard it is to find one I couldn't unfortunately :( ) Anyways I found a Small panda and bought a large stuffed rabbit to hold the small panda I hope she likes it... I wanted to be more original than even the panda but I was low on money :( oh wells.

A piece of art made by you would be really sweet, no matter how crappy it is, as long as you put effort into it.

The big rabbit thing holding the panda is ok. You have to surprise her with that :-bd

Good luck man

Jales, that is sweet.

I'd say falcon punch her... But, I'm just being mean. Take her somewhere... That's about the only idea I had besides the falcon punch. I'm not much of a romantic type person. Allowing me to rest and maybe take a nap would show to me a guy loves me.

Hijacc said:
Anyways I found a Small panda and bought a large stuffed rabbit to hold the small panda I hope she likes it... I wanted to be more original than even the panda but I was low on money.

Now see? That is cute, and thoughtful. Hell, it shows that you're paying attention when she talks, which is big points in your favor. It's no fun having a partner who doesn't listen.

But really, that sounds very nice for a 1-month anniversary.

Umm if you're looking for something nice and original to give her then I think follow your heart.We don't know her.We can't tell you what she'd like.You know her. Is she the kind of girl that appreciates little gestures and shows of affection? Would she like a simple flower? I myself would love it if my boyfriend got me something small and personal like for example a nice bracelet I don't want it to be expensive, it would be special to me anyway.I don't think I'd take it off if it was from him. Hell,if he gave me a tissue i'd keep it lol :D So point is,if you really feel that you two have something special,it wouldn't matter what you got her.All that would matter is that it was from you.That You gave her that.But still, maybe I am too romantic :) .

Latest posts

Back