I Went To West Edmonton Mall Yesterday With My Mom And It Sucked

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionel Richie 1983

Reaction score
Needless To Say The Place Was Packed Too Many People. And I Had A Little Bit Of An Upset Stomach. I Had Some Thoughts Racing Through My Mind Mostly Negative Ones Out Of Fear. But There Were A Few Good Moments Despite These Things. Like Going To The British Bar There For The First Time.

Needless To Say The Place Was Packed Too Many People. And I Had A Little Bit Of An Upset Stomach. I Had Some Thoughts Racing Through My Mind Mostly Negative Ones Out Of Fear. But There Were A Few Good Moments Despite These Things. Like Going To The British Bar There For The First Time.
Do you ever reply to any comments thrown your way or are we just all wasting our time?
I'd like to know so I won't do so in the future.

Your OP seems to contradict the title. I used to have a problem with large groups of people, and if I focused on that today, then I still probably would, but I focus on other things now when I’m in such situations; like building designs, the architecture, the nature that fills areas like that, my objectives for the outing, anything but the people. Imagine you’re just wading through warm water and enjoy the surrounds.

I had a panic attack the first time I went there. It was around Christmas time. Way too many people.

When my ex and I went for our honeymoon (we stayed at their Fantasyland hotel thing) it was much more relaxed because we could retreat when we needed to. Walked many miles it felt like.

You can bet that a giant mall like West Edmonton would be packed full of people. But I get it - I’m not a fan of big crowds either. Like Okidoke, though, I’ve also found similar ways to cope in less-than-ideal situations like that. Learning how to re-direct your attention works wonders.

Anyhow, glad you got some enjoyment out of the experience - the British bar sounds cool!

You can bet that a giant mall like West Edmonton would be packed full of people. But I get it - I’m not a fan of big crowds either. Like Okidoke, though, I’ve also found similar ways to cope in less-than-ideal situations like that. Learning how to re-direct your attention works wonders.

Anyhow, glad you got some enjoyment out of the experience - the British bar sounds cool!
"British" and "cool" don't belong in the same sentence.
😈
Oh....sorry! Sorry! (To be read in a definite John Cleese type voice of apologizing profusely and excessively for this harsh yet loving tease on Britishness 😜)

What I‘d Really Like To Know Is Why Every Word In A Sentence Is Capitalized?
Yes, that too. Most definitely.

But what gets me is that he posted a thread about feeling alone around people, how he just always fades into the background. I had assumed that he wanted to change that.....but I guess not.

Mainly because it tickled me and i wondered how long it would take someone else to click on :ROFLMAO:

well, glad to hear at least you liked the British bar. I can relate, I use to be very uncomfortable with large crowds when I was younger. I'm ok now. What I can share is to avoid peak hours at malls if possible when you go out if it's too uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Back