I Wish I had a Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tehdreamer said:
So you're suggesting I make up long, insane tales out of everyday, boring situations and scare the person I'm talking to away rather than just bore them?

LOL. Actually, I think BJD is on the right track! I mean, not make up insane stories necessarily, but often if you look around you'll see interesting stories in mundane, everyday situations. A lot of comedians use this tactic...you know, the whole "Do you ever <insert observation of how crazy people are that everyone can relate to>?".

tehdreamer said:
So you're suggesting I make up long, insane tales out of everyday, boring situations and scare the person I'm talking to away rather than just bore them?

OMG that was pretty funny!!! :D I get BJD's point but you'd have to have some special talent with words and you may not have. I see you keep saying that you consider yourself to be a boring person because you have nothing to tell. I feel your pain, I've found myself in similar situations however I try not to dwell on it because it only makes me feel miserable. I guess it all depends on how you want to see it, it all comes from within.

Making mundane topics more interesting isn't always my problem. I can do that at times. The major problem is having a lack of actual topics to even embellish on. I'm not old enough to get away with telling the same person the same story over and over and over.

Interesting things do something actually happen when I got to the market, but how long can I tell someone that story? I need more stuff! That's why I say I need a life. I don't need an exciting life as a secret spy, I need a life, period. I had interesting stories to tell when I was going to computer school just because there are crazy people on the subway everyday.

tehdreamer said:

Dun likes my story? :( lol

tehdreamer said:
Interesting things do something actually happen when I got to the market, but how long can I tell someone that story? I need more stuff! That's why I say I need a life. I don't need an exciting life as a secret spy, I need a life, period. I had interesting stories to tell when I was going to computer school just because there are crazy people on the subway everyday.

Then you have to go out and make some stories happen. Ride the subway again! Visit a model train hobbyist's convention! Attend the nearest racist rally! lol... my point is that you can't experience new things by staying inside alone all the time. *shrug* Gotta get out and get at it, ya know?

And ooooohhhh tell us about some of the crazy subway people! :D

What exactly are what you consider to be "actual topics"? And I sort of resent that you don't think film is an actual topic seeing that I spent 4 years of college devoted to academic study of it. :p

Seriously, though, I think you might think other people have way higher expectations of your topics of conversation than you think. And if you want to get involved in more activities, you should do so because you want to, not to make yourself more interesting to other people.

I don't actually want to stay in the house alone all the time. I'm working on getting out into life again, but it's a process. I was just ranting about my lack of conversation topics at this time.

And films are valid topics and can make for some really fun conversations. But that's not the same as talking about your real life. I meant no offense :D

you know, the other day i was just breathing air and thinking about what the meaning of life was, and i came to the conclusion that the meaning of life is the meaning that you give it. why try and have "a life" so that you can have something to talk about? you already have a life, so why would you want to replace it? i know you have thousands of interesting things to talk about. how do i know? because i'm just like you. most people don't appreciate me for me, so they fail to see that i'm an intelligent person with knowledge in diverse fields, that i am an artist and have so many hidden, spectacular talents, that i'm quite funny and quite the mood elevator, that i have a world of experiences and opinions to share, that even though i look like stone-cold murderer, i have a great big heart that's brimming with love, and that underneath this veil of loneliness and depression, i'm alive and full of power. people don't seem to value me. why? i'll don't care enough to know. it probably has to do with the way that i carry myself to the general public, but I DO VALUE MYSELF AND THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS! i think you need to value yourself more. if you have the time, i would recommend that you read some self-help books. knowledge is power, and ever since i started seeking knowledge, i've become a better person with every passing day. some great reads i'd reccomend are "unlimited power" by tony robbins, "the purpose driven life" by pastor rick warren, and "the introvert advantage" by dr. marti laney. you sound like an introvert to me, and i'm one too, and i think this last book will really help you understand yourself. best of luck. you have a friend in me.

Thanks Freedom. But it's really not that deep of an issue. I'm just mainly house bound right now and I find myself void of things to say to people. That's all.

Latest posts

Back