I wish...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeek

Reaction score
I wish someone could hear me...

I wish someone would care...

I wish I had a place to make a stand...

I wish I had a voice to make a change...

I wish there was more I could do than write to other lonely people...

I wish there was love in the world...

I wish I didn't live alone...

I wish you were here with me...

I wish... :((((

I wish you'd consider getting out into your local community and join up in a good cause to help others who are down on their luck. Charity works wonders for the spirit; you sound like you need a purpose in your life. LGH:)

LGH1288 said:
I wish you'd consider getting out into your local community and join up in a good cause to help others who are down on their luck. Charity works wonders for the spirit; you sound like you need a purpose in your life. LGH:)

I wish the same things, and I volunteer on a weekly basis, several times a week. I also spend time with my mother's sick friend's daughter, and put effort towards a fundraiser for children with rare disorders.

Still, these do not solve my personal problems. They do not fill all of the emptiness. I feel good from deep within my heart for a while, but behind closed doors I still feel discontent.

So what do I do?
Being "a part of the community" is not a cure-all for loneliness and depression. If that was the case, I should be happy as a clam.

Not to say that others shouldn't get out there and do something, and to some it might help. But it has no guarantee.

I do encourage Zeek to get out there and help others (if that's his cup of tea; some aren't cut out for volunteer work). I wish it worked as a magic happy pill, though.

wabbit, hugs :(

I feel like that sometimes to the point of considering I maybe numb.
I just try to continue on doing little things that bring me passing joys, even for a little while, I guess that is what we are left to do

Yup. They say that your greatest joy should come from helping others, and that's true in a sense. But when all you do is give, what do you do when you have nothing left?

Helping someone down on their luck sounds a bit silly when you are down on your own luck, right?

Each person is going to decide where their happiness comes from, and sometimes those of us who give others happiness and help could use a little help ourselves.

I personally would be more content if I had someone I could safely be vulnerable in front of, and not feel like I have to look like some kind of stoic saint. Other people want plain ol' company. Some want passion (I wouldn't mind a little of those two either). We all have our little bits of selfishness that simply "giving" won't fulfill.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Yup. They say that your greatest joy should come from helping others, and that's true in a sense. But when all you do is give, what do you do when you have nothing left?

Helping someone down on their luck sounds a bit silly when you are down on your own luck, right?

Each person is going to decide where their happiness comes from, and sometimes those of us who give others happiness and help could use a little help ourselves.

I personally would be more content if I had someone I could safely be vulnerable in front of, and not feel like I have to look like some kind of stoic saint. Other people want plain ol' company. Some want passion (I wouldn't mind a little of those two either). We all have our little bits of selfishness that simply "giving" won't fulfill.

This is so true. As much as I enjoy helping others and feel satisfaction from the contribution, it doesn't really fill the deepest holes in our souls. For that we need those deeper ties and feelings, that can be so hard to find.

Who do you wish was there with you? Aw. I'm sorry, Zeek.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Still, these do not solve my personal problems. They do not fill all of the emptiness. I feel good from deep within my heart for a while, but behind closed doors I still feel discontent.

So what do I do?
Being "a part of the community" is not a cure-all for loneliness and depression. If that was the case, I should be happy as a clam.
I'm really sorry too Rabbit. :(

From observation I have noticed that many people help other people, but for the wrong reasons. Most just want to feel good about themselves to fill the constant void in their soul, although that's not a terrible thing, it's the truth. At least my truth.

Happiness is temporary, everything is, pain will always be there. That's how humans grow. Pain isn't necessarily a terrible thing but something we must learn on our own. Good luck! :D

You're right. And if that was my motive then maybe my emptiness would make a little more sense. I think I would like it better that way.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately....is it even a good or bad thing?) I began doing volunteer work with the desire to help the people following the same path as me or someone I know. My advice and help will make their journey a lot easier than mine, where I had to move blindly to get where I am and know what I know. I'm no Messiah and I don't think I can really significantly help these kids, but at least I can show them how not to completely fresia up like I did.

From that comes a brief period of self-worth and happiness, but it was never a motive.

So I can't sit all day and feel like, "Well at least I helped someone," because I did that for THEIR sake, not MINE. It doesn't help me any. So the good feeling is extremely fleeting.

Even if happiness is temporary, why must the pain outweigh it?

though helping others is a great pursuit and brings us a sense of purpose, the feeling we get out of it is very temporary. To the person we are helping, that might be a lot, and it maybe reason enough for him/her to find his/her happiness. But since we cant feel the effect of what we did, to us it's just like drinking coffee or reading a book. We are hallow people but I think only ourselves can fill that void, I don't know how though.

Latest posts

Back