If Men Like Only Hot Women, Where Does That Leave an Average Woman Like Me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen I agree with Sci-Fi.

And I am living proof. I'm not even average looking, I am a very very ugly female and I am happily married. Guys go for ugly girls all the time.

jales said:

And I am living proof. I'm not even average looking, I am a very very ugly female and I am happily married. Guys go for ugly girls all the time.

Jales, i seriously doubt you're ugly. But on the same note, I as well don't believe I'm attractive at all, yet I've found someone. So who's to say we all have to be models...

jales said:

I am sure there is at least one man who, on the converse, finds you beautiful! :)

you girls really should NOT get in the habit of saying "i do not think i am pretty".

that is bad.

it really is.

it's okay to say "i do not think i fit society's version of pretty".

but everyone is beautiful to someone.

of course, i think that every woman should feel beautiful.

Trent said:
you girls really should NOT get in the habit of saying "i do not think i am pretty".

that is bad.

it really is.

it's okay to say "i do not think i fit society's version of pretty".

but everyone is beautiful to someone.

of course, i think that every woman should feel beautiful.

even janet reno?!!

IgnoredOne said:
even janet reno?!!

That's the lady that Will Farrell did a skit on, isn't it... I was told he looked like her, and after seeing her actual picture, he wasn't too far off.

Imagine that....janet Reno being remembered as some ugly ***** from a saturedaynight live skit.
She actually appeared live plenty of times on SNL. The woman has a great sense of humor.
Then again she is also a grandmother...which means she got laid plenty.

She also made plenty of hard chioces....such as giving the go ahead on pulling
the trigger on waco. Obviously, no man can play god on Janet's watch.lmao

lol @ janet reno

it's hard to say how much of a person's appearance is what they actually look like

and how much of it is mannerisms, lack of fitness, age, appearance/apparel/style/etc

with that being said

yes, she does look like one ugly *****

is she that ugly?

hard to tell, in her day, she probably could have done a lot more to show her attractive side

all females have feminine qualities, which are, by their very nature...ATTRACTIVE

when a woman (such as janet reno) goes to great lengths to appear like a man,

then YES, that makes her look ugly as fresia.

but she comes from the generation that brought us the thinking:

to be a feminist, you must look/act/talk/walk like a man

Where does it leave plain and ugly women (like myself)? It leaves us to be one night stands to be quickly forgotten, and to be secret sex partners

I don't agree that guys are out for the most attractive girl. It's all about chemistry and personal attraction.
Guys and girls have their own set of traits that are attractive to different people.

I have seen love strike in people of all different types.

Just for the record, I have never had a gf and I am 25.
I also work out and I would consider myself physically fit. I really haven't had much feed back from women, but I also haven't had much opportunity to meet people as well. I am not a very big guy muscular wise. I think I am attractive, but the women are the real judges and I haven't got much feed back from them so I don't know what many women think.

I know that the root of attraction comes from chemistry and however that guy or girl looks, that person who has great chemistry with that other person will be beautiful to them. Sounds cheesy, but true.
Just try to find people that have the same interests and chemistry and eventually you should find "the right guy."

septicemia said:
Where does it leave plain and ugly women (like myself)? It leaves us to be one night stands to be quickly forgotten, and to be secret sex partners

I have the feeling you're not actually ugly - but it seems like the problem may be that you allow yourself to be a secret sex partner.

One of the things that has bothered me about this whole thread, though, is that it assumes that guys are looking to settle down with the best looking woman they can find. That's nonsense - the girls that are worth settling down with are the ones that couldn't get by on just their looks so they had to develop a good personality, had to become fun to be around, and things like that. That's just my thought on the matter.

I'd like to throw this out there for the other guys, would you rather have a 10 looks with a 5 personality or a 10 personality with 5 looks?

septicemia said:

Only if you choose to be...

septicemia said:

I have the feeling you're not actually ugly - but it seems like the problem may be that you allow yourself to be a secret sex partner.

One of the things that has bothered me about this whole thread, though, is that it assumes that guys are looking to settle down with the best looking woman they can find. That's nonsense - the girls that are worth settling down with are the ones that couldn't get by on just their looks so they had to develop a good personality, had to become fun to be around, and things like that.

I'd just like to say that nothing attracts me more than an "average" woman.

I can't stand the fact society thinks that the perfect woman is a stick. And one of my big turn-offs is excessive makeup. Honestly, the less fake, the better in my view.

Klemon said:
I'd just like to say that nothing attracts me more than an "average" woman.

i'd say nothing attracts me more than a "real" woman.

not a fake creation.

fake tits, fake lips, fake everything, fake attitude, yuck

kamya said:
Beware: This post contains gross generalizations but seriously wtf? The OP is looking for that and the excerpt in the OP contains many of them as well.

Attractiveness for guys generally seems to go like this.

1) Are you fat?
No = Good to go.
Yes = There's still a subset of guys that are into that but at least weight is something that can be changed.

And that's just about it. Sure some people are more attractive than others but as far as "willing to give a chance" goes, this is generally it. (Or so it seems from myself and any guy friends or random guys I've talked about women with. I've never seen anyone checking out any fat girls, and I've never heard anyone express being attracted to it.)

I honestly think it's just a fat thing in general. People see obese people as sexless entities that are easily ignored or reserved for "last resort" type scenarios.

Lol, I like your posts, probably cause I agree with them.

As a young man, I can tell you I find many "plain" women attractive. I even prefer "plain" women to bombshells as I think bombshells tend to get a bit screwed up from all the male attention. But kamya is right IMO, I have 0 physical attraction towards overweight women, even one that has a great personality, but I'm just not physically attracted to her whatsoever.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but I see weight issues as something relatively easy to solve, compared with a physical impairment, or simply the size and dimensions of your body and features.

I think I look plain and so average, no idea why my boyfriend finds me pretty. ._. Lol.

lonelyfairy said:
I think I look plain and so average, no idea why my boyfriend finds me pretty. ._. Lol.

he must see something you don't! :cool:

passage said:
kamya said:
Beware: This post contains gross generalizations but seriously wtf? The OP is looking for that and the excerpt in the OP contains many of them as well.

Attractiveness for guys generally seems to go like this.

1) Are you fat?
No = Good to go.
Yes = There's still a subset of guys that are into that but at least weight is something that can be changed.

And that's just about it. Sure some people are more attractive than others but as far as "willing to give a chance" goes, this is generally it. (Or so it seems from myself and any guy friends or random guys I've talked about women with. I've never seen anyone checking out any fat girls, and I've never heard anyone express being attracted to it.)

I honestly think it's just a fat thing in general. People see obese people as sexless entities that are easily ignored or reserved for "last resort" type scenarios.

Lol, I like your posts, probably cause I agree with them.

As a young man, I can tell you I find many "plain" women attractive. I even prefer "plain" women to bombshells as I think bombshells tend to get a bit screwed up from all the male attention. But kamya is right IMO, I have 0 physical attraction towards overweight women, even one that has a great personality, but I'm just not physically attracted to her whatsoever.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but I see weight issues as something relatively easy to solve, compared with a physical impairment, or simply the size and dimensions of your body and features.

more for the rest of us!

you have to be able to draw a distinction.

there is a difference between carrying some extra weight and being morbidly and unhealthily obese.

i like curvier women.

frankly, i need something soft to grab a hold of, for a variety of reasons *cough*

anyhoo, they are snugglier, curvier, more feminine looking, have softer (and less masculine) features, work as great pillows to snuggle up against in the afterglow, and also know how to actually enjoy a meal! lol

where weight becomes an issue for me is where it becomes an issue for her. when a woman is living with a state of compromised health, when she can't walk or get around or take care of her daily necessities, then it is no longer a question of aesthetics, it is instead an issue of HEALTH.

and when you love someone, you want that individual to be healthy.

to the other note, there are many guys who actively WANT and PURSUE what you would call traditional "fat chicks". haha, just check the net or watch maury, they are out there.

How hot you are is relative to the man in question. Just a male's attractiveness is relative to the female. IT is all relative. Well for everyone except me. I am pretty much at the bottom of everyone's list.

If you do not feel you are hot enough why not take steps to make yourself hotter? One thing that I tell everyone is how about a set of clothes you look nice in? That is a start, there are entire schools dedicated to teaching humans how to identify what clothes look the best on people. Why not go out to a clothing store and get help?

Just to give hope to girls that don't feel too atractive... I fell in love with a girl that wasn't very good looking. In fact I knew her well and I'm pretty sure she tought she was ugly (you know you can tell wghen someone has low self steem). She was also chubby.

I don't really have a type of girl... Sometimes talking with another guy I find a girl I think is gorgeous and to him she's ugly. And vice-versa. It can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back