if u get depressed over being single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
melroc said:
Everyone in here that carries The burden of being alone forever, we are all more amazing than the world gives us credit for

It takes the strength and courage of a lion to go through thus life, alone, seeing everyone around us happy and in love, while we have nothing to show for.

But it takes the strength and courage of a lion to do what we do everyday.
to go a whole day without killing others, hurting ourselves, etc
it may seem minuscule, but its huge!
there may not be a God or reward for us after we die, but we die with honor.
we play this life in hard more, and we cry and writhe in pain

But every day that we get through, is one more day the world didn't want us to survive.

Don't say that- you are only as lonely as you let yourself be! And there are many options for you to make connections with people!

Also, you do have the people on this forum ;)

Yes...SOMETIMES.
Then I see how soooo many relationships are horrible and people stay because they're desperate and lonely. No waaay am I going to tolerate some loser that uses and abuses me. I'm worth more than that. Sadly, it seems so many of today's men are just users and abusers. The good ones...I don't seem to cross paths with them. They never want me but some bad chick that'll use and abuse them instead.

To be honest yes. I've been in so many abusive relationships too. I keep trying to find a true guy who will stick around and be here for me. But it seems as any guy I meet all are abusive or always trying to make me feel bad about myself. I'm so tired of being treated like I'm worthless or something. Although I do still believe that there's a guy for me out there.

Ladies, there are plenty of good guys for you out there, no worries!

And my relationship problem is finding smart girls that aren't looking to have their cake and eat it too.
Don't even get me started on the girls that look for their knight on a white horse :D

To be honest relationships are over rated, after a few months true colours come out, and honeysuckle happens, and you get hurt all over again, and wish you were single...then you are single and lonely and wish you had someone, its just a vicious circle, nerver ending agony

perfanoff said:

And my relationship problem is finding smart girls that aren't looking to have their cake and eat it too.
Don't even get me started on the girls that look for their knight on a white horse :D

Plenty of guys looking for that sexy, well-endowed, beautiful, intelligent, challenging, interesting, competent (super)woman too. :p.

whispers said:
To be honest relationships are over rated, after a few months true colours come out, and honeysuckle happens, and you get hurt all over again, and wish you were single...then you are single and lonely and wish you had someone, its just a vicious circle, never ending agony

It seems to happen that way lot, doesn't it. :(.

Astral_Punisher said:
perfanoff said:

Plenty of guys looking for that sexy, well-endowed, beautiful, intelligent, challenging, interesting, competent (super)woman too. :p.

whispers said:
To be honest relationships are over rated, after a few months true colours come out, and honeysuckle happens, and you get hurt all over again, and wish you were single...then you are single and lonely and wish you had someone, its just a vicious circle, never ending agony

It seems to happen that way lot, doesn't it. :(.

I suppose so :D

whispers said:
To be honest relationships are over rated, after a few months true colours come out, and honeysuckle happens, and you get hurt all over again, and wish you were single...then you are single and lonely and wish you had someone, its just a vicious circle, nerver ending agony

That is a pretty negative way to look at it. I'm guessing that you mean, by "true colours", that the person you are dating makes a mistake? or they do something that you perceive as being mean? And what do you do when this happens? break up with them? run away from them? Or do you seek to understand them on a deeper level, to offer compassion for their imperfections?

yes, every single relationship, there will be disagreements, and you WILL realize, at some point, that they are not that perfect person, that they do not belong on that pedestal of perfection that you placed them on after knowing them for 2 days. Obviously, I do not know your relationships, but also, relationships aren't full of "agony" unless you choose to allow them to be this way.

ahaikulife said:
whispers said:

That is a pretty negative way to look at it. I'm guessing that you mean, by "true colours", that the person you are dating makes a mistake? or they do something that you perceive as being mean? And what do you do when this happens? break up with them? run away from them? Or do you seek to understand them on a deeper level, to offer compassion for their imperfections?

yes, every single relationship, there will be disagreements, and you WILL realize, at some point, that they are not that perfect person, that they do not belong on that pedestal of perfection that you placed them on after knowing them for 2 days. Obviously, I do not know your relationships, but also, relationships aren't full of "agony" unless you choose to allow them to be this way.

Well said, ahaikulife. I agree.

Too late for me I'm afraid. I've been on my own for 16 years. I missed the relationship/marriage/have children boat, and instead row about this huge ocean alone in a rowing boat of my own construction. The solitude has been killing me slowly for many years. I go through periods of falling out of the boat and into the water and going under, then miraculously resurface to inhale the air. I used to take pride in being a chronic loner, an outsider, a misfit, a misanthrope, a social recluse, not any more. My life has been and continues to be characterised by loneliness. Everything in moderation, including solitude. It's driven me mad before, it's been threatening to do it again. I've been in the precarious place; the line between sanity and taking some ****** out, the first person to annoy me, to make the wrong body movement, wrong attitude, wrong sound.

There seems to be a lot of wrong people out there. People with a stinking ******* attitude. I don't want to be the death of one of them, no matter how much they deserve it.

Solitary man> I know the feeling. I'm in a boat just like that. I moved out of my parent's house in 1999 and have been alone since then. As I get closer and closer to turning 40, I realize that my chance to find land has passed me by and I just wait for a shark to take me and the boat under water.

yes, being single is a constant pain, but I am getting used to it, also because most probably no man will ever be able of the unconditional love that I would like. I try to keep busy and volunteer, and play with animals and children, so that all this love that is inside doesn't go to waste and I won't become too bitter, better to become a sweet crazy cat lady (I don't see many more alternatives). For some reason men don't like me, I must be doing something really wrong, after the first or second casual meeting everyone decides I am not their type, I wish someone told me why. I hope that others can let go and accept the loneliness, I have been fighting it every moment of my life, and it hurts so much. Still, I don't want to give up and stop the fight, it will seem to me to lose a key part of my humanity, of my soul.

I don't know how I would be like in a romantic relationship now. I was laughing at a couple in a grocery store the other day because a lady was like "honey, honey, we know what we should do, we should get into cheeses!" and she picked up some expensive cheese, and then put it down and walked away from the whole section. And I made briefly made eye contact with her chump boyfriend and I just... I just felt so bad for him, I don't know why.
To me, that sums up couples. I don't get it anymore.

Peaches said:
yes, being single is a constant pain, but I am getting used to it, also because most probably no man will ever be able of the unconditional love that I would like. I try to keep busy and volunteer, and play with animals and children, so that all this love that is inside doesn't go to waste and I won't become too bitter, better to become a sweet crazy cat lady (I don't see many more alternatives). For some reason men don't like me, I must be doing something really wrong, after the first or second casual meeting everyone decides I am not their type, I wish someone told me why.

You probably look or behave like a lesbian. It's usually the case. I ******* hate lesbians, and it's not even because they won't suck dick, it's because they are usually feminists and misandrists.

All a guy wants is a large breasted, good humoured, pleasant natured woman to suck his dick and make his dinner. Lesbians/feminists/misandrists won't do that. Instead they shun the dick and and slurp on poon.

It's ******* madness, and that's why guys hate lesbians and women who look like lesbians.

Being by yourself is somewhat demotivating, at least for me. I feel like I don't put the bar high enough in life for myself, I'm generally not a very demanding person either. The difference is definitely there when I've got other people investing in me. That's why I know I'd do very good in a relationship. Besides that I don't feel bad over being single, not at all. I do feel bad about being alone.

But I know I'm doing it to myself for a large part. I push people away before I give myself the chance to get to know them very well. That's why feelings usually don't develop further than shallow crushes and disappear within days. Old wounds don't heal that well, and I'm afraid I've formed a tiny scar when it comes to emotionally bonding with people. So here's a catch 22 for you. What do you do about hating being alone, but at the same time, being afraid of being together.

blackdot said:
Solitary man> I know the feeling. I'm in a boat just like that. I moved out of my parent's house in 1999 and have been alone since then. As I get closer and closer to turning 40, I realize that my chance to find land has passed me by and I just wait for a shark to take me and the boat under water.

That is depressing. But hey, life doesn't stop at 40. You're only as old as you let yourself be. I'll be honest. You HAVE missed your shot at becoming the next Bolt or Phelps, and you're probably not going to outer space anymore either... but besides that, there's not much a 20 year old can do, which you couldn't. Your best bet at "finding land" would be to get yourself out of your safe zone and act on impulse for a change. Socially, romantically, professionally or whatever other aspect, it doesn't matter. If you're very unhappy with your life, you've got little to lose, so simple statistical laws dictate things are more likely to improve than to further deteriorate. Unless you prefer continue being carried by the same current which hasn't really been effective in bringing you any land in the past couple of years.

Solitary man said:
Peaches said:
yes, being single is a constant pain, but I am getting used to it, also because most probably no man will ever be able of the unconditional love that I would like. I try to keep busy and volunteer, and play with animals and children, so that all this love that is inside doesn't go to waste and I won't become too bitter, better to become a sweet crazy cat lady (I don't see many more alternatives). For some reason men don't like me, I must be doing something really wrong, after the first or second casual meeting everyone decides I am not their type, I wish someone told me why.

You probably look or behave like a lesbian. It's usually the case. I ******* hate lesbians, and it's not even because they won't suck dick, it's because they are usually feminists and misandrists.

All a guy wants is a large breasted, good humoured, pleasant natured woman to suck his dick and make his dinner. Lesbians/feminists/misandrists won't do that. Instead they shun the dick and and slurp on poon.

It's ******* madness, and that's why guys hate lesbians and women who look like lesbians.

I really can't believe you just posted this verbal vomit.
Such hate speech isn't tolerated here. Bashing because of sexual orientation will NEVER be tolerated here. Perhaps when you come back from your ban, you will have learned a lesson.

what. just. happened.

Anyway...
I don't get depressed over being single but I do get depressed over not being able to connect with other human beings in a meaningful way.

Latest posts

Back