if you could "design" your baby... OPINIONS? (designer babies)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex-craft7

Reaction score
ya, so i was about to check my email, and i saw this article heading about designer babies. im curious, and im bored, so i want to know what you guys think of this technology that may be available in the near future - the ability to "choose" what kind of infant you'll have.

as for me -
yea sure, many people might say that it goes against nature and we're playing god and blah blah blah; but im the kind of person thats usually all for advancement (even if it does *some* damage, as long as it doesnt outweigh the benefits), so my stance is basically "fresia mother nature (with moderation)" and if our race goes through with this, we are obviously going to be drastically improving the overall (raw) intelligence, and hotness of our race.

that said, i think there should be a middle ground by limiting what we can choose our babies to be like. "designing" them to make them less prone to disease would be OK. but say, being allowed to choose their hair color, eye color, breast size, would not be ok. opinions?

Let me just say that if I had a daughter and it was up to me she would have very small breasts lol

But on a tad moor serious note, From a guy that has not always experienced good health and knows what its like to be at a disadvantage physically and academically I would have no problem in making sure my kids did not have the same shortcomings as I did. I know mother nature makes weaker ppl so fit ppl appear to be fit. (yin yang and all that) But to be honest it would not stop me from trying to give my kids an advantage I never had.

I would make both not to tall, about 5,10 in height for me son and 5,7 for me daughter. Both would have above average IQ and both would look and be healthy.

I don't think I could have designed my daughter any better than what she is. She's good looking, smart, but a little lazy when it comes to school. I'm so glad I have her.

But! She is a TEENAGER now and starting to date, when the boys come around I always have a gift for them.

:club:

D.A.D.D.
Dads against daughters dating.:p

WOW are we going here! if i could design a baby for me i tell you...
all i want is 10 fingers and 10 toes at there respective places.
hansome face like mine. healthy insides and a promising future
i dont ask for much

Latest posts

Back