If You Knew Someone Was Cheating, Would You Tell Their Partner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If You Knew Someone Was Cheating, Would You Tell Their Partner?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
There were some people on facebook discussing this a month or so ago. Apparently, you're a bad person and friend if you don't tell and karma is going to bite you in the ass. :rolleyes:

Depends on the situation. If I think they're doing it really spitefully or in a particularly malicious fashion (like boasting to me about it or something) I probably would.

On the other hand, I don't have any right to meddle in people's relationships, so in most circumstances I wouldn't.

i wouldn't go out of my way to get into other people's business.

but, if it were thrust upon me in such a fashion that "not telling" would be equivalent to "lying", i would have a really hard time not saying something.

fortunately, i've never been in this situation.

It depends on the who and the circumstances.

Like blackhole said, if it forced me to lie NOT to tell, fresia it, I'm spilling.

If it were my sister's husband, whom I don't care for anyway, and he was cheating, you're goddamn right I'd tell her.

If it were a good friend whose husband was stepping out on her, yeah, I'd probably end up saying something.

If it were just random people, not my business, don't care, wouldn't tell.

It really depends on the situation.

If it's someone I don't know too well or care that much for, than no I won't enter into that person's business.

If it's a good friend of mine or a family member, than yes I would tell them.

As in blackhole's situation, if it's forcing to get involved with other person's affair and lie, then yeah I would tell that other person. It would be almost like I'm cheating too.

I would like someone tell me, either a friend or a relative, that my partner is cheating on me.

If it's a (real) friend that's being cheated on, I'm telling him. I don't see why not. "Minding your own business" isn't a very convincing argument. My friend would surely like to know, and he'd be angry to find out I knew and didn't say, therefore I'm telling him. Logix!

If he gets mad at me for telling him (how does that even work?) then too bad. I misjudged, he wasn't much of a friend. Aside from that, what other reason is there to NOT tell him? "Not wanting to get involved" just sounds like "I don't care much for the dude and don't want any trouble" to me. Which is fine, as long as you don't try to pretend everyone should act like that.

i would, but i would also cover my ass.

i would make sure they found out, but i wouldn't leave a single trace of whistleblower evidence that lead back to me.

Yep. I would because heck, I am not the one who cheated. I am not doing a wrong. They are and if they get into a hiss over me telling the truth, that's their problem, not mine.

There would have to be an excruciatingly justifiable reason for me to not say something. I wouldn't make a big deal out of the situation and would first give the person cheating a chance to come clean without my intervention.

Then again I only know about two people so that chances of me being in this situation are nil.

This question was brought upon because of the facebook discussion I was talking about. The person's status was "I don't care who you are, if I see you cheating, I'm calling you out. Fair warning." After some discussion, he doesn't care if he even knows the people, he's going to tell. I just think that is starting drama and getting into business that they have no right in the first place.

I probably wouldn't tell if I really didn't know the people, because really...I wouldn't care or if I was more friends with the cheater than the cheatee. If it was a good friend or family member being cheated on...then hell yeah I'd tell them. The thing is though, some people choose not to believe it because they have some really thick rose colored glasses on and they'll end up just getting mad. In that case, at least you tried.

If I knew the person, was close to them, then yes. I'd talk to them about it in the most sensitive way I knew how. However, if I didn't know the person, no. It's not my place. But when I'm friends with someone, I feel like it's my duty as a friend to at least mention it.

Had a friend tell me about my first wife cheating. I was very thankful he did. It hurt like hell but I needed to know. He only told me when he knew I was ready to hear it. It had only been two days since he caught her in the act. I am happy I had afriend like Tommy no telling how much grief he saved me in the long run

Latest posts

Back