If you were the last person on Earth...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorsai

Reaction score
would you feel lonely? I feel that the answer would be yes and no. It would be no in the perspective that if you knew you were the only human alive, you wouldn't feel so strongly about wanting to belong with others. When there are people around, you compare yourself to others and see that you have to be like everyone else, and fit in. This is one form of loneliness, which I call social isolation. On the other hand, yes you would be lonely in the realistic sense that you will never have anyone to talk to again. But I feel this loneliness doesn't cause you as much pain as social isolation. Hence, I differentiate between social isolation and real loneliness.

Honestly I love this idea, it's pretty interesting. I imagine if it was me I would feel pretty lonely, even knowing I have no hope of talking to another human again. I would also probably try and find an animal companion of some sort as soon as possible. I think that degree of companionship would at least be able to keep me sane lol.

I'd feel miserably lonely.Atleast seeing people around you,just watching them even if u weren't taking part kept us company, and in that case knowing what I could have had I'd feel so alone,miss having a partner.

Anonymouse said:
Like, if I was the last human and everyone else were zombies. I'd feel lonely.

I wouldn't have TIME to feel lonely. I'd be choppin' zombies all the time.

If I were alone on the Earth, I would do my best to use the rest of my life to study biology, chemistry, medicine, etc etc....and use my newly gained scientific knowledge to clone a new race of people to populate the world...and I would be their GOD. So I guess I'd be lonely until I managed to spawn my first herd of altered clones.

----Steve

no zombies? no whatever those things were from 'i am legend'?
whatever i want to do with no one to bother me? just as long as i could find a
marijuana grow house in a mansion, possibly 'Woody Harrelson's place,
and so HELP ME GOD if it happened before the series finally of 'Lost' i would have to go to new york and track down the final episodes. IM SERIOUS!
I mean i couldnt write on Alonelylife.com forum cuz no one would ever respond. but id figure something out.

dorsai,

I think it's just a basic psychological fact about human beings that they need recognition from other humans in order to remain healthy. At least with other people around there's hope that one day you can be accepted into a community; if there are no other people around then there's no possibility of this. But I can also understand that if there are other people around, it will seem all the more inexplicable to find that one is socially isolated.

Being the last person on earth is my idea of hell.

Still "Time enough at last" I guess.

If ANYONE gets that reference then +100 points.

Steel said:

That would be a reference to "The Twilight Zone", episode of the same name. Definitely a good one :D

jbates said:
That would be a reference to "The Twilight Zone", episode of the same name. Definitely a good one

Haha you googled it. ;) j/k

Anonymouse said:
I'm suprisingly well prepared, we'll talk about my plans sometime.

YES!! Can I be a part of your Zombie Response Team? PLEASE??

----Steve

jbates said:
Steel said:

That would be a reference to "The Twilight Zone", episode of the same name. Definitely a good one :D

A VERY well deserved +100 ponts ;)

Anonymouse said:
My answer varies.
Like, if I was the last human and everyone else were zombies. I'd feel lonely.

Me too. That'd be lonelier than everyone else just being...gone.

I still hope for it, though.

I too have pretty well thought out plans specific to my local region; we'll have to discuss them one day. I began my preparations this week by purchasing a box of 100 shells for my shotgun. A good start.

KokG2F3tudyx8ugxD4msnZDDo1_500.jpg

That would seriously suck. You can engage in whatever pursuits you see fit but if there is noone there to share your achievements and observations with, it is eventually pointless. Humans need other humans, it's as simple as that.

Would there still be animals? Because if there were animals, I think I wouldn't be lonely. Plus, I'd have too much to do. Between exploring and napping, there wouldn't be enough hours in the day.

It's true, not to mention years down the road you may end up having to forage, or even attempt to grow crop. Think about the possible freedoms. Sure it would get pretty lonely but I think after a while your mind would find ways of dealing with it. For instance look at Tom Hanks in Castaway, I know it's a fiction but he created an alter personality that would have lasted as long as he stayed stranded.

In this case it would be much easier, there is more at your disposal which can be used to make a 'friend'. At the same time, there are also (hopefully) going to be animals all around you, including some domestic ones. I'd probably even end up trying to breed them lol.

As for zombies, your best plan is to head north (CANADA!) and wait for them all to starve/die out. I mean even with a shotgun and unlimited shells, if you're in the middle of the united states you may eventually get overwhelmed.

jbates said:
I mean even with a shotgun and unlimited shells, if you're in the middle of the united states you may eventually get overwhelmed.

Not if you keep moving. The best possible plan would be to raid the nearest gun store, steal a large, bulky vehicle (no more gas worries), and go searching for other survivors. If you find more people alive, then you add to your convoy (sorta like in Resident Evil: Extinction)...

...and just never stop in one place too long. Keep moving. Eventually you'd acquire some decent military hardware, maybe enough to permanently defend a region once you have enough people. Hell, just follow Mao's guerilla plan and you're set to go.

----Steve

I would go on a manhunt just joking. I think i would begin to congratulate myself to being the first man to be the last man alive. Then id go lurk wherever i feel like on the planet. I would then treat mother earth with proper respect. Maybe the earth will undergo transformation and regain some of its health back since the pollution deterioration.I wonder what the wild life will be all out of control lol.

Latest posts

Back