If you've never had a GF/BF, how's the rest of your life going or gone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uneventful, dull from time-to-time.. wondering when will that person come.. blah blah.. not AS bad as you one might expect.. i mean I used to really beat myself up for being 19 and not having even been on a date but all it takes now is a gentle reminder that my last 7 years were bullshit and all goes well again.. well.. as well as it can be at the moment...

I find it very depressing.

Ever since I was a tiny thing I have always wanted to meet a nice girl, and possiby have a family of my own.

I am now 30, and have yet to meet anyone who wants to give me a chance.It's like they run the other direction.

I am the only one in my entire family who has never been involved in any kind of real relationship. All of my cousinis are married and have kids, with the exception of my youngest cousin, who is 22, but has beenwith the same guy now for over 3 years and they are now talking of getting married.

All of the kids that lived on the street I grew up on are married or involved with someone. And most of my class mates that I graduated high school with are now married, most with multiple children.

Honestly, it is very depressing. To be 30 years old and still not even be able to get past a first date with a girl, let alone going far enough to develop any kind of a relationship, just makes me feel downright worthless.

Nothing like the feeling of not being wanted.

On a positive note though, many of my high school class mates have ended up divorced. I don't want that either. Many people tell me that I am too picky when it comes to finding someone, but I want to meet the RIGHT one, and know that if I marry her, it will last forever.

Have more money spent on myself rather than on a girl.
Less time going out cause not going out with a girl.

For me,I really believe that you need to have a mutual understanding of each other before you build the couple relationship.

Pretty good I guess.

Having not gotten caught up in most patterns young people get in to, I've started investing money in various things from stocks to silver. I save a significant portion of each check without the temptation to spend excessively on leisure, due in large part to having no one to really partake of those leisurely things with.

I have my own apartment and pay all of my own bills...most people my age seem to barely manage to keep gas in their car even when they're living with mom and dad. And unlike those same kids, at 21 I already have a 'real' job in my desired field (as opposed to working at McDonalds without even having the goal of moving to management), and I'm started on college.

I compare myself to the rest of my age group that I see, and so many of them are out gallivanting and living 'in the moment'. Not thinking two years ahead, much less ten. I envy the fun that they have. I envy the girlfriends that they cruise around with in the summer and the fun things they do. I envy so badly the blatant display of youthful enjoyment that happens here every year once the snow's gone.

But I don't envy the catching up they'll have to do when they're 30. When they're hopelessly sweating bullets because they haven't saved a penny, I hope to be raking in interest and dividends and deciding which cabin cruiser I want to buy. We'll see who has a lap-full of half naked girls then, when I wave a pair of diamond earrings and steal some 25-year-old hotness from their former boyfriends to accompany me on vacation. So long, *******, we're going to Norway...just as soon as we're done with dinner at some coastal restaurant in Sicily. Enjoy your credit card debt while you re-think the awesomeness of your new 4-wheeler or the lift kit you just put on your truck.

Long story short: I'm already jaded and money hungry, and full of loathing for my generation. My delusions of grandeur are fueled by my lust for the dollar which I will probably chase until I retire on a meager income despite my best efforts, and probably die painfully from heart disease or some form of cancer due to years of exposure to carcinogens. Alone.

:)

Perhaps, it should be better :p
You have more money and time for your self.
And there is no torture of spending every sec of your life, thinking about that special someone. It's nice to be missed but seriously, it's not nice to miss someone. It's torturing.

Hummm, I come home to an empty house...eat alone... do stuff alone....which pretty much translates to my life currently...which i think its very sad but not really end of the world.

Sonic_95 said:
On a positive note though, many of my high school class mates have ended up divorced. I don't want that either. Many people tell me that I am too picky when it comes to finding someone, but I want to meet the RIGHT one, and know that if I marry her, it will last forever.

Yes, I to have seen "friends" get marred then divorced. Never got the present back that I Burt for there wedding tho lol I think we should have a singles day for those of us that don't get marred. Get some of them presents for ourselves lol

But ye I am 34. I have had two short relationships when I was 17 and 18. Nothing after that so I have been single for 16 years. All my adult life baseicly.

I Guss I just go from day to day the best I can. There is a stigma to being single when you get into your 30s. I am sure ppl talk and wonder why. God knows what they say. I have another cousin I never see anything off who is a little bit older then me and I know he has never had a GF. I have heard ppl say in the paste that they think he might be gay. I mean there is no way he is. Of that I know. He's just a bit of a geek that's all. Its just ppl like gossip and it can hurt other ppl when they are at a vulnerable place. I don't know what ppl think of me being single for so long. Nobody has ever said anything to me about it. Would be interesting to know.

I have also had friends say that they think I am to picky. I disagree and think its I just have not found a girl that's right for me. I live in hope.

SadRabbit said:
Hummm, I come home to an empty house...eat alone... do stuff alone....which pretty much translates to my life currently...which i think its very sad but not really end of the world.

Some thing mate. At lest with this place your not alone in being alone :) That's become a bit of a motto for this place I think.

The question is a little broad. My life has gone pretty well I guess. I'm smart, I'm healthy, I have a job and am getting higher learning. But none of these things fill the emptiness that accompanies my lack of real relationships with people. I still have low self-esteem, lack the friends I want and am nowhere near obtaining a loving intimate relationship; these things leave me depressed.

Life can pretty difficult without companionship. My friends are all either married or engaged, and while I love spending time with them I feel like such a third/fifth/seventh/ninth wheel.

So I focus on my hobbies and try very hard (not always successfully) not to think about it.

phant0m said:
Its hell, if i was strong enough i would of killed myself already

It's if you were weak enough.... You can obviously stand it enough not to be so weak. This goes for anyone who thinks this way. Suicide is the easy way out, and it's not dealing or handling issues or problems.

VanillaCreme said:
phant0m said:
Its hell, if i was strong enough i would of killed myself already

It's if you were weak enough.... You can obviously stand it enough not to be so weak. This goes for anyone who thinks this way. Suicide is the easy way out, and it's not dealing or handling issues or problems.

Amen.

How is my completely lonely life ? Shity i tell you. More money on myself ? I don't need this honeysuckle, i want normal girl to be with me. Always alone, always the 5-th wheel in a car in a big company....and honeysuckle, it doesn't actually matter if i confident or not, talking, make jokes in right time or say nothing....it doesn't matter. i already did researches, i even asked directly can i be the possible boyfriend or not.....guess whats the answer.....life is like honeysuckle...friends, job, hobbies ? its pointless when you are alone....what to do next ? do i need to wait about 40 years to die ?
Man, real loneliness is like honeysuckle, and it realy have no pluses, no !

This is the longest I've gone without being a BF or a Husband. A little over a year.
I'm not at the piont of totally recoverying from a break up to give a fair evaluation.
mmm...it's like the shits...as Sunwed said. Being single at my age feels totally fucken retarded.
Yet..this is whats recommended as a healthy thing that I do.
Stay fucken single for a while to find myself again so i can lose myself again...Errr wtf ???
Something about me not whoring myself out or jump from one relationship to the next.

I had my first GF at 15. I got married at 19. I've raised children. My daughter is turning 21.
My step son is 22. One of my step duaghters is 21 and the other is 20
NOTE TO SELF : KEEP DUAGHTERS AWAY FROM UNACCEPTIBLE, HIJACC AND ZAK :p

I was a lead guitarist in a metal band before I met my ex-wife.
I atttend college in a pursuit of becoming a pilot.
In so many ways...I feel like I'm fucken 18 again. I no longer have all those extra responsibilites.
I've been a provider , a husband, a daddy and had to put all of my hopes and dreams aside to rasie my family.
I worked myself up a company's latter..I held a management posistion.
It still feels retarded to me to be single. Maybe I can pursuit and fulfill my hopes and dreams before
pussy came into my life and swallowed me up whole...lmao

I get profiles of hawt single women my age that's never been married or had children send to my e-mail everyday.
I don't think they're virgins though :(

Sometimes I don't know what hurts most - the financial issues, or the loneliness. I can't say I've never been in a romantic relationship, but I'm not highly experienced either and it has been a long time since I've been in such a relationship. I miss it. I think trying to solve the "problem" is what's driving me mad more so than being single. What the hell am I supposed to do to change the situation? It's this puzzle that's ------- with me.

luciddisconnect said:
packyourbags said:
hey lucid, what kind of art do you do?

only used this style once. Tie dye, ink, acrylic, etc. on silk.

made a lot of work in this style when in school, but only the one using razor wire. Obvious Jackson Pollock / abstract expressionist influence. Although all of my work emphasises precision.

Another detail from a painting that I just finished that consumed the last four years of my life (yeah, I'm obsessive). My Avatar is another part of the same painting.

I'd imagined once that girls would like a boy that's good at art. Turns out that it doesn't necessarily work that way. Especially in art school. But it seems like mediocrity thrives in the end.

Another thing: I've sunk thousands of hours learning how to pull off what I think are some impressive tricks in my painting, but never learned the skills or gained the confidence in myself to properly market the work. At least now, with this crashing economy, I have a good excuse to put it on hold for a year or two.

WOW,
you are AMAZING!!!

i loved the razorwire most, i have to say. something in the gentle play of shadow upon white is just so beautiful to me.

(hug)

would totally like to talk to you about the stuff you do!!!

Latest posts

Back