If you've never had a GF/BF, how's the rest of your life going or gone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian said:
Pretty good I guess.

Having not gotten caught up in most patterns young people get in to, I've started investing money in various things from stocks to silver. I save a significant portion of each check without the temptation to spend excessively on leisure, due in large part to having no one to really partake of those leisurely things with.

I have my own apartment and pay all of my own bills...most people my age seem to barely manage to keep gas in their car even when they're living with mom and dad. And unlike those same kids, at 21 I already have a 'real' job in my desired field (as opposed to working at McDonalds without even having the goal of moving to management), and I'm started on college.

I compare myself to the rest of my age group that I see, and so many of them are out gallivanting and living 'in the moment'. Not thinking two years ahead, much less ten. I envy the fun that they have. I envy the girlfriends that they cruise around with in the summer and the fun things they do. I envy so badly the blatant display of youthful enjoyment that happens here every year once the snow's gone.

But I don't envy the catching up they'll have to do when they're 30. When they're hopelessly sweating bullets because they haven't saved a penny, I hope to be raking in interest and dividends and deciding which cabin cruiser I want to buy. We'll see who has a lap-full of half naked girls then, when I wave a pair of diamond earrings and steal some 25-year-old hotness from their former boyfriends to accompany me on vacation. So long, *******, we're going to Norway...just as soon as we're done with dinner at some coastal restaurant in Sicily. Enjoy your credit card debt while you re-think the awesomeness of your new 4-wheeler or the lift kit you just put on your truck.

Long story short: I'm already jaded and money hungry, and full of loathing for my generation. My delusions of grandeur are fueled by my lust for the dollar which I will probably chase until I retire on a meager income despite my best efforts, and probably die painfully from heart disease or some form of cancer due to years of exposure to carcinogens. Alone.

:)

This pretty much sums me too except for the jealousy part. I have a huge desire for wealth. I just tend to divert my eyes when I see people with their gf because my facial expression will turn sour and spirits ruined.

Brian said:
Pretty good I guess.

Having not gotten caught up in most patterns young people get in to, I've started investing money in various things from stocks to silver. I save a significant portion of each check without the temptation to spend excessively on leisure, due in large part to having no one to really partake of those leisurely things with.

I have my own apartment and pay all of my own bills...most people my age seem to barely manage to keep gas in their car even when they're living with mom and dad. And unlike those same kids, at 21 I already have a 'real' job in my desired field (as opposed to working at McDonalds without even having the goal of moving to management), and I'm started on college.

I compare myself to the rest of my age group that I see, and so many of them are out gallivanting and living 'in the moment'. Not thinking two years ahead, much less ten. I envy the fun that they have. I envy the girlfriends that they cruise around with in the summer and the fun things they do. I envy so badly the blatant display of youthful enjoyment that happens here every year once the snow's gone.

But I don't envy the catching up they'll have to do when they're 30. When they're hopelessly sweating bullets because they haven't saved a penny, I hope to be raking in interest and dividends and deciding which cabin cruiser I want to buy. We'll see who has a lap-full of half naked girls then, when I wave a pair of diamond earrings and steal some 25-year-old hotness from their former boyfriends to accompany me on vacation. So long, *******, we're going to Norway...just as soon as we're done with dinner at some coastal restaurant in Sicily. Enjoy your credit card debt while you re-think the awesomeness of your new 4-wheeler or the lift kit you just put on your truck.

Long story short: I'm already jaded and money hungry, and full of loathing for my generation. My delusions of grandeur are fueled by my lust for the dollar which I will probably chase until I retire on a meager income despite my best efforts, and probably die painfully from heart disease or some form of cancer due to years of exposure to carcinogens. Alone.

:)

money wont save you man, with the way interest rates are you wont have a whole lot in 10 yrs, not enough to retire, unless you are making some serious dough now, money and material goods are empty

phant0m said:
money wont save you man, with the way interest rates are you wont have a whole lot in 10 yrs, not enough to retire, unless you are making some serious dough now, money and material goods are empty

You miss the point, though. The point is that you save and let interest add a little to what you have while you build that account up, then when you have something significant you dump it in to real investments and collect a real percentage on it. Might as well earn $5-$10 free in interest while you save to $3000. It sure beats blowing it on car rims or something.

And interest rates change with the economy and also with how much money you have in the bank. Most people don't realize that most banks nowadays will give you 2-5% more on your rate if you have 50,000-100,000 as your minimum balance. If you have millions, it's significant. Enough to live on, in fact, without ever touching the principle.

And that's the goal. Millions. :p

I might as well strive for something. Not like I'll meet anyone special in those ten years, either.

I've never been in a relationship, on a date, nothing. I'm only 16, which causes people to tell me, "Don't sweat it, you'll find the right person, you have your whole life ahead of you," but I know that that's just not true. I can't even make friends because no one will give me a chance for that! Some students at my school will even tell me, "You deserve it, I hope you do die alone," which REALLY helps me.

The thing is, I don't see a relationship as something I want. I see it as something I need.... If anyone read my, "introduction post," they'd know that I'm in a constant war against suicide because of my loneliness. I feel like if I knew a girl in that way, where she really cared about me and I really cared about her, then she'd be able to help me. She'd be able to comfort me whenever I was in pain and make me feel better. I'd be so grateful to have someone like that in my life.

Most guys' dream girl is someone who is attractive, funny, kind and all that stuff. My dream girl is someone who would save me from the darkness, someone who wouldn't allow me to destroy myself like I'm doing. The problem is, no one like that is real.

Even at my young age of 16, I know I'll never find that special someone. I'll never get that chance, and I'll never get that happiness. I have a better chance of beating suicide than I do of getting into a relationship.

Hey Satchel: keep in mind that all the girls out there are just as messed up and wrecked and conflicted as us guys. Even if you had a pretty girl with a sense of compassion as your girlfriend, think of what a burden it would be to her if you were relying on her to talk you down from suicide all the time. First thing that you need to do is deal with your morbid depression. I recommend counseling. I don't recommend antidepressants, from personal experience and because sometimes they increase suicidal thoughts in teenagers.

Start dreaming of something in the future. I don't mean fantasizing. I mean dreaming of an attainable goal. You're young. You've got decades to realize whatever your dream might be. The first thing, then is to decide what you want.

You will need to earn a real living at some point, and you'll get there sooner than it feels now. So what can you imagine doing to earn money that you could actually enjoy?

Satchel421 said:
I've never been in a relationship, on a date, nothing. I'm only 16, which causes people to tell me, "Don't sweat it, you'll find the right person, you have your whole life ahead of you," but I know that that's just not true.

I'm in no way saying not to sweat it, or that it will be the right person. But sooner or later you'll have the chance to start a relationship. Whether you blow that chance or not is up to you, so be aware when it comes.

Consider that I'm 28, have never been in a relationship, and I still have hope. honeysuckle . . . you can't have been horny for more than a few years. Try 14.

What I would tell you is to try to just befriend girls at the moment. Get to know who they are and what their interests are. Cause when you get too much older, "just friends" isn't really an option anymore. And that kind of "just friends" friendship can easily turn into a relationship anyway.

Satchel421 said:
Even at my young age of 16, I know I'll never find that special someone. I'll never get that chance, and I'll never get that happiness. I have a better chance of beating suicide than I do of getting into a relationship.

Melodramatic! Thing is: you really don't know what the future could potentially hold. Some of it will suck, some of it will be good. Along with killing off the negative path suicide will kill every positive path into the future.

Living's tough. Hope I don't come across as too condescending.

luciddisconnect: I really agree with you saying that I can't depend on a girlfriend to pull me down from suicide all the time, I never thought of it like that. I have been to counseling, but it was for something else. It didn't really help with THAT situation, so I have heavy doubts it would help with this. I don't need counseling though, I need friendship. If I had that, I doubt I'd be in my suicidal situation at all.

As for reaching for goals, I have a few things that I always wanted to pull off. Aside from the #1 thing of beating suicide, I really want to record a guitar album some day. Surprisingly, I'm interested in becoming a Forensic Science Chemist. What that is exactly is a long story, but yeah.

You ask me to befriend girls, but that just isn't an option. I try all the time, but I am immediately pushed away. Girls want nothing to do with me, even when I am trying to be kind and stuff. If you knew how girls felt about me, you'd understand.

I don't see you as too condescending, mainly because I don't know what that means. You're just trying to help me out, which I really appreciate.

Condescending = Talking down to someone. I.E. talking to you as though you should listen to what I say just 'cause I'm older.

Getting along with girls - Maybe starts working better with age? I dunno. When I was sixteen I didn't even understand that it was possible for a female to be attracted to me. I was pretty wrecked by the previous years of growing up and had learned to be extremely defensive. Didn't even realize the extent I'd been affected in this way. At some point in my teen years I began speaking in monotone as a way of being defensive, i.e. not showing emotional vulnerability. The trouble is that this also distanced me from people. I'm just now learning to speak with real inflection in my voice. To a large extent I can socialize pretty well with women now as long as they're not too stupifyingly beautiful.

One thing I might say that could be of use: Learn to adopt a style that is useful to you. Now I'm not saying be phony; adopt a style that you like. But wearing the right honeysuckle and knowing the right slang is still of use to me now - at 28 people are still superficial like that, although less so. Wish I'd realized this sooner.

Latest posts

Back