I'm Curious About The British

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Let me begin by saying I mean no disrespect to any members here who are British. I like to think that I know a few things
about how it works in England. I've seen television shows and have read articles in magazines and stuff. I'm just wondering something.

Is that all you people from England do is go to pubs, play darts, watch soccer, and drink tea? Again, I mean no disrespect. I'm just curious.

TV is not always reality. TV and fiction distorts things.

Britis people take dumps too ya know.

rsz_1mysuperlamepic_06ee3154a53ad7ec886c741f56c658ea.jpg

Pubs, snooker.

That's it.

It's so expensive to do anything else, that's probably why. You've got the government on your arse taxing everything that's worth doing or that's fun, so people find themselves hard-up an don't have many options. I think that's why people drink themselves to death, and the pub scene probably isn't gonna last much longer either since the price of beer is rising year on year, the only way pubs can make any decent profit is to make them into a restaurant or pass the price hike onto customers. They're even trying to stop supermarkets offering 'cheap' booze now cause apparently this is causing a "binge drinking culture", I must admit, it is a good excuse to get more money from people.

But I suppose that's "Great" Britain for you...

It is a pretty significant binge drinking culture. I knew a girl with an epilesy issue that prohibited her from drinking, and she was virtually an outcast in many places.

Unfortunately, going out and getting drunk is also mostly universal, it's the 'social thing to do' for many people. It's understandable that in the case you described, this girl was an outcast, but at the same time it's a shame people arn't willing to compromise. :(

...if only that was as socially acceptable.

A LOT of Brits do appear to go to Pubs and Clubs around London. I don't see the appeal of it really. But Pubs and Clubs are apparently the best places to go to socialize and get laid.

If I had money to spend on luxuries, the Pub would be one of the last places I would think of spending it. I'd rather go somewhere nice out of London for a day or something. I have recently been to a local Pub a few times with my friends. But I've not gone to get drunk or get laid. I've gone to spend time with my friends and prove myself right that Pubs are not for me.

Some other things that Brits like to do:

- Go to Music Festivals
- Play Games Online [PS3/XBox/PC]
- Have Sex
- Watch/Play Football
- Drive

I'm a pretty boring Brit really. I'm happy to just hang out with friends wherever, take nice walks [Preferably with Girls] Bike Ride, Write, Art, Exercise, Be Online.

I've never been drunk. I don't like darts, football or snooker. I don't like tea or coffee or scones lol. We don't all have bad teeth either.

Gutted said:
I've never been drunk. I don't like darts, football or snooker. I don't like tea or coffee or scones lol. We don't all have bad teeth either.

Only Kate Middleton does, this is true.

Oi! Just cause you lived with a balloon head, doesn't mean we're all like that!

You've gotta have confidence :D

Cups of tea drunk everyday
Britain: 165 000 000
USA: 127 000 000

Didn't think Americans drank that much tea.

if theres one thing ive learned in my years on the internet is that people truly are the same/different where ever they happen to be in the world.
you wouldnt know if youre talking to a well spoken 12yr old korean boy or an immature 35yr old brittish man unless they told you.
there may be some regional and cultural stereotypes they display.. but to say all brits go to pubs or all americans own guns and cowboy hats and all chinese know kung foo.. 0_o
well thats just wrong.

im canadian and i like back-bacon and maple syrup..but not everyone does ;p

Question: what is snooker?

I guess I should never go to Britain then. I don't drink. Sounds like they wouldn't like me there >.>

Hoffy said:
That is EXACTLY what they think!!!! Living with one for a month has proven that statement true :p

If only proof by example worked. Sure would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

PlayingSolo said:
Question: what is snooker?
It's pool for smart people.

I guess I should never go to Britain then. I don't drink. Sounds like they wouldn't like me there >.>
Don't drink, don't go to Britain Pub's are the best thing there.

Latest posts

Back