I'm Done Being "Nice"!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being mean by choice is first and foremost a show of weakness. Takes strength to be kind.

i used to really go out of my way for the temp/agency new starters at work as everyone else treats them like slave labour , found in alot of instances though ,that they took this as weakness .
now i will show kindness but if treated with that response i think "' .... you" and move on

Hey bud, just want you to know, I've experienced it myself-

What's it like to be full on "Nice" to people and just expect them to return the favor when you need it but somehow, you just don't seem to receive any returns on what you've invested upon those people. Yes, you do it out of pure kind heartedness and you felt that it's the right thing to do but in the end, it feels like you've been used because your efforts all seem lost.

It feels unfair. Unjustified. Unreasonable and even illogical.
When it comes down to the opposite sex and getting a partner in life? Totally new ball game all together.

Trust me bud, I've been there as well and you know what? I'd love to talk to you more on a personal level, if you'd love to be friends and chat with me as well, of course XD

Just know this-

You've got a beautiful soul. Unfortunately, your soul has been damaged by the horrible clutch and expectations of society. I get it and I want to help. I'm glad that I've joined this forum and I'm definitely am happy to see you posting this here, seeking some sort of help (Even if it's just to rant) because that led me to you.

I'd love to share life stories and experiences with you- If you are willing to with me as well so let me know yes? :)

Anywho, I've read the whole of the 1st page. Will continue reading the 2-3 pages later (I just recovered from a 3 days fever and still got some other work to do lol!) so hopefully, you are doing well and I sincerely hope to hear from you.
Feel free to pm me, yes??

Don't worry bud, there's help out there in this world for people like you.
You are an amazing person. The fact that you are speaking out like this says a lot about you- Especially the kind of ordeal you have to go through. Everyone's got their own difficulty in life. Some are lucky and has it on Easy mode lol but regardless of the difficulty level, if we can all pitch in to support each other through, wouldn't the end game be even more fun?

Wouldn't it be more epic if we can all go through the jungle and arrive at paradise together or perhaps make our own one together? ;)

I would say don't let people change you and make you cynical. Be the natural good you, we need more good people in the world and one day your niceness will be appreciated and rewarded. Thats on them (the bad or inconsiderate people) don't hold it against the world. Keep your light.

I am what you would call "nice". Because due to sensitiveness I can't be a macho, who just drives over others. Mentally it would be unbearable for me. So it is easier for me to be laid-back and humble and smile.

However, I do stand up for myself. Which is a different matter. It is necessary to stand up for myself, because otherwise there are people, who could eat you alive.

I keep a clear distinction for myself here. Of course occasionally there is the problem that by standing up for yourself you may not look like exactly nice to someone else. But you know that it is a necessary protection mechanism not to let other egos dominate you. However, as long as you don't attempt to dominate others, it is all right.

So defense or attack. Herein lies the difference for me.

Latest posts

Back