I'm here to address a serious problem.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShellShock

Reaction score
The problem is with this site, yes, I don't wanna censur myself and say something really honest. (won't contain swearings)
I am a person who very often thinks different than the rest.

Site: Alonelylife.. I knew this site long ago. Almost a decade ago. But do you wanna know why I raarely visited and even did not became a dweller here before?
Because I didn't feel belong mostly. And I bet other serious outcasts didn't feel belong and were driven away. 
I mean, there are lonely people that don't have it that bad with their loneliness, there are people who have it worse, and there are people who have it even much worse.

I wanna address a problem, because this site about lonely for the lonely should be the friendliest to the loneliest. 
And the loneliest people
Especially in those dark days of the internet where the environment gets more and more normified, more and more unfriendly to the social misfit. Things change a lot rapidly.
I mean in the past I had other places to escape to, years ago.. these sites got demolished and most people moved on to the "new thing". 
Internet used to be a sort of escape, now this option is disappearing.

With current internet culture these people are further being censured now.

This site, in a cultural sense needs to adapt to accept these internet refugees. 

Reasons

over positivity

censorship

Disproving of socially unacceptable negativity such as ranting, rage, hatred, constant depression and even suicidality.

One of the first ever threads I did here veeery long ago was about a childhood trauma, no one reacted so I deleted and stopped posting. 

individuality

I see nothing wrong with slight type of arguments, they are part of life as people's opinions clash constantly.
And some people need to be criticized, in a simple way. I was just addressing a problem with somebody.
I did not come here to steer drama, and indeed overt mess should better not be allowed to keep the site "friendly".
But, I do not believe trying to censur ALL the not so nice aspects of life will make it go away. ESPECIALLY on forums about darker aspects of life like loneliness, some people have it easier some people have it worse, some much worse. Do you wanna know how I didn't become a dweller in this place while I knew it almost a decade? Because I didn't feel like I belong much. I believe a site about loneliness should be the friendliest to some of the loneliest people, especially in the days when internet has change into somekind of trash.

Thing is there are people who legitimately need self awareness. Calling somebody an ******* is no big deal. It's not that there were actual swearings used such as B*** F****RD and the like.
If everyone here is over agreeable it just creates a hypocritical atmosphere, some slight criticism is needed.

Then again, I'm just saying my opinion.

Latest posts

Back