I'm learning how to play the guitar!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 years later and I struggle to play longer than an hour because my fingers hurt. However that's only because I haven't been playing as much lately, I used to play everyday and I could go for hours, my skin was calloused enough back then. Keep at it and you'll get the callous soon :) best of luck dude.

thanks man. all i can say is... its really hard, especially if you can't get past how horrible you sound.

Azariah said:
thanks man. all i can say is... its really hard, especially if you can't get past how horrible you sound.

What helped me alot is learning basic scales and using a metronome. It helps alot. Best of luck dude!

Brennabean said:
15 years later and I struggle to play longer than an hour because my fingers hurt. However that's only because I haven't been playing as much lately, I used to play everyday and I could go for hours, my skin was calloused enough back then. Keep at it and you'll get the callous soon :) best of luck dude.

haha, trick there is to use a guitar with heavier strings, then when you play on your regular guitar you can play for a lot longer.

Trying to learn love of my life by queen
:club: :club:

I'm also learning (got some lessons about 20 years ago at school, then just played some songs).

Trying to watch some video-courses(the most that I found for free are the basics that I know). I'd like to play more songs in a better way so I can play even when people hear.
Sometimes I just feel I was not born for the music but I try not to give up.

And I need some(in fact a lot of) advices.

I'v just seen a crack on my guitar - can anyone please advise what to do? It's thin and going along the neck(from rosette) Is using a superglue is a normal idea(I've goggled it)? The guitar is 12 y.o. and it's not very expensive so taking it to the master will cost at least a half of the new, not ready for this. If glue is OK - should I take the strings off or not?

Also I'm thinking of saving money for a new one - what do you think would be a better choice? I'm thinking of getting a 7/8 as I'm not tall and my fingers are also short(almost the same size as my 9 y.o. kid). If I go to the shop and try - will the staff there thing I'm weird or it's a normal thing?
And I still can't even think of the metals strings as my fingers can't stand them) Last time I tried, the bloody calluses didn't disappear in 2 weeks of playing. So I prefer a classic guitar with a neylon. Do I have to play more or it's normal if I play on neylon(I like the sound of a calssical guitar more, it's more quite and soft)?

Thank in advance

The pain in the fingers will go away if you keep on practicing .
I am a semi pro at playing guitar .
I have started learning it when i was 15 or 16 , now i am 35 .

remember the towards the neck part it feels like low frequency notes and towards the strumming part it feels like the high frequency notes .

This will help in the long run

To start learning a music instrument age is not a problem , because it would be something that you would enjoy in the long run .
First get a chord book and practice learning chords .
Be good at rhythm guitar first , that is how i started .

After i learned chords for almost 2 years i started practicing the lead guitar .

Once you know the chords and the high and low of the lead .
You can play some nice tune and i am sure you will start enjoying your practice .

Learning to play specific songs takes a little bit more time , but that in my opinion can wait .

Tobakki3 said:
First get a chord book and practice learning chords .

I know some chords. I can't remember the songs even if those I played hundreds of times.
I now want to try a fingerstyle, so I think I'd better buy an acoustic guitar. But I'm not sure as it's not a cheap thing. I have a classical one but it got a crack.

So I bought an acoustic one in june, wanted to get 3/4 or 7/8 but guys in a shop told me it's not what the adults play. I believed as the normal size was cheaper, so they had no reason to trick me.

As a result I can't play, my right shoulder ache, as a body is too big for me, it's like a medieval torture (

I'm thinking of selling it and buy 3/4. But not sure, maybe it's wrong me, not a guitar(when I play my old classical, I feel ok).

By the way, my fingers didn't ache at all, I bought the good metall strings and it was almost no difference with neylon, get used to ten in a day.

Latest posts

Back