I'm Lost :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisfeb

Reaction score
This is the only place i know that i can pour all whats inside of me,i have no real friends,those ones that you can talk to just to let your heart cry.Basically i'm broke having no job makes things more difficult coz people tend to not associate when people whom they feel is useless to them,no wants to help me,all i want is to get back on my feet,i dont want charity,all i need is to get what ive worked for.I want to change how people look at me,i feel so left out,i see profiles of my friends having a successful career,a happy family and a stable JOB.While here i am useless piece of sh*t,what is wrong with me,what have i done wrong with the past?I'm hardworking,i do all whats meant to be done,i never lie nor steal from anybody,all i do is legit stuff,but did that get me?here,a broke 29 year old man.Sometimes i want to punch my self really hard just to feel the pain,but the emotional stress is much more painful that the actual physical pain.It stresses me a lot,I feel bad a bout myself.I just want to cry cry cry,yes im a man but the pain is unbearable i cant take it all by myself,I'm LOST :(

By the way im AL from the Philippines,yes a third world country,less opportunity less everything the first world countries have.

That feeling can happen to anyone. Regardless of your job or financial situation.

You can't go by your friend's profiles. People post a fake version of their lives online usually showing they are a lot happier than they actually are. In my experience the happiest people I know never have time to go online or start Facebook profiles in the first place.

But just deal with things one at a time. Take care of the most important problems first. If you don't have a job then your first priority should be finding one, anything you can get. Working will build up your self-esteem. And it's easy to make friends at work. My friend works at McDonald's and she made a ton of friends working there. People of all ages.

Don't compare yourself to other people, that only sets you up for misery.

Just try to focus on what you have now in your life that is good and be grateful for that and then build up from there.

Being happy on your own is the most important thing. More than half of all marriages end in divorce and that rate is only going up. Marriage and family isn't the key to happiness.

Hi , welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that you're having a hard time, I know what its like to be broke. As theglasscell, said, don't pay attention to what your friends are doing. It is only making you feel worse. Instead, focus on your own happiness and the things that you care about.

Don't worry about changing how others see you, change how you see yourself. Don't punch yourself either, or hurt yourself by saying that you are worthless. All that will do is make things worse. You are not useless, you are honest and hardworking, and people like that are rare now days. You are not alone, and if you want to talk more, please feel free to.

Take care, :)

Hi and welcome to the site, I basically agree with the posters above. Your life is not measured in how well you compare to what other people have.

While there isn't any quick resolutions here there's some good advice, you seem like an honest person who has the concern about his future.

Just because you don't have what other people have doesn't mean you're any less a human being than them, neither is it impossible to achieve, for some people these things may time more time and effort. Try not to punish yourself for any of this, instead try and use this [wasted] energy on getting somewhere you want to be.

Latest posts

Back