important attributes for a girl to have

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No matter what she looks like, if what is coming out of her mouth is vain, useless, inane, trite, stupid, diarrhea of the mouth, it's not going to last. It may sound arrogant, but how can you have a meaningful relationship with someone who you are incapable of having a conversation with? Looks can be altered, brains cannot. I look for a woman who I can be a pal with before anything else. Unfortunately that is very hard to do since I'm a boring, self loathing individual with no regard for being politically correct.

Not that I come into contact with women, or people for that matter, anyway.

Le sigh.

Hypothetically speaking, say if I were a lesbian (and what teenage girl hasn't considered it, let's be honest now)
a girl would have to either accept the fact that I'm a dominatrix (it's not my fault I was just born that way)
or she'd have to be able to match my dominatrix-ness. Equal and opposite forces, like science.
I'm a big fan of science. So, she couldn't be too religeous or anything.
And creationists... as my mother so aptly put it, we just don't talk to them.

So there you have it. If I were a lesbian and not dating the awesomest guy ever I would probably go for a dominatrix non-creationist. Unless she had a weird skin condition. In that case, all deals are off.

And honestly, I had no idea I expressed any qualities or attributes of a dominatrix until 4 different people that I know from four different places told me so in the span of three days, in reference to four unrelated incidents. So... yeah.
And second, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a lesbian. Sorry ladies.

Unacceptance said:
No matter what she looks like, if what is coming out of her mouth is vain, useless, inane, trite, stupid, diarrhea of the mouth, it's not going to last. It may sound arrogant, but how can you have a meaningful relationship with someone who you are incapable of having a conversation with?

Well said Unacceptance! For me, her mind and character are the most important aspects. Being with someone just because of their looks is stupid - because they're not going to look like that forever. They'll wither and become wrinkly as they get older, and then you may find yourself stuck with a person who has both a withered body, AND a withered mind. So it makes more sense to find a girl with a nice character in the first place.

Sleepflower, I have "massive" boobs, and TRUST ME, you don't want the guys that approach girls with big boobs. All they do is stare at your boobs, and try to get you into bed on the first night. It is better when a guy likes you for you. When you have big boobs, you never know why a guy is interested in you. The grass is not greener on this side. I promise!

I have to also go with what a lot of the other guys have said. I'm just not into big breasts. (Sorry LHM, I'm sure you're very beautiful.) I prefer smaller "handfuls". I also tend to go more for the "girl next door" or "farm girl" type. And I'm not talking about the gorgeous farmer's daughter you hear funny stories about, but the type of girl who looks like she just came in from the barn or from changing the spark plugs on her car.

I'm not into the stereotypical "airhead" either. I like at least a little brains. Eyes with a smile in them. But more importantly (and harder to know right away) someone who will be honest and faithful. Someone who won't look down on me. Someone who will give me a boost when I need it and let me give them one if I think they do. Someone who isn't afraid to let me show them how I feel with a hug or kiss when other people are looking.

^^^^I understand. I am not hurt. I prefer guys that are not looking for a girl that fits a certain look. I want someone who finds me attractive, but not someone who is looking to brag to his friends about being with me. I've dated guys like that, and you never know why they really like you.

sleepflower said:
what would you say are the most important attributes that a girl must have to make her appealing? it seems to me most guys wont go near a girl unless she has massive boobs and is sex mad. please prove me wrong guys.

Breasts are about the last thing I look for/at. Physically I look at the eyes first.

I always hope to find a women that is open and can actually talk not only about different subject, but what she is actually feeling. I'm not an overly sensitive guy or anything, but the females I seem to attract seem to have issues with talking. I like for a women to show affection without going overboard. Obviously things like honest,humor,personality are in the mix.

I was going to say love pizza, but i said it already :p

She got to be kind, sweet, loving, a little bit bad but not too much and sweet again :D

Hmm...not sure if I've posted on this thread before (too lazy to go back and look), but here are a few of qualities that attract me:

1) Self-confidence: Girls want confident guys, but guys (at least some of us) want girls to be confident too. Have some faith in yourself and don't suffer from self-esteem issues, please.

2) Knowledge of what you want: Yes, don't say one thing and do another. Don't do a 180 on us a few months into a relationship - it just isn't right.

3) Maturity: Please don't be bloody immature. Try to be understanding and willing to work things out. Don't think things will happen overnight - most things take time.

4) Multi-tasking: Please don't screw with our minds if you know you're unable to juggle personal life with your career. You will end up breaking our hearts, which doesn't work for us. When you get into a relationship, please keep in mind that there might be a bit of work involved and it's OK if you don't want that, but in that case it's also OK not to go into the relationship in the first place. It's not like the guy you're with won't be understanding of your career goals and dreams, but by being unwilling to balance school/work and personal life, you're putting undue pressure on yourself and that can eventually affect your partner's well being too.

someone caring and sweet, inovative.. I don't need someone that's hot or anything like that. The same interests is also an important factor. Music and hobbies can also be good connectionpoints
I just want a cute caring girl

Don't care that much about boobs, although on the right girl. . .

I like a pretty face (who doesn't)

I'm a bit insecure on my own weight (135), so I'd prefer a girl who doesn't weight too much more than me.

I like it any time a girl smiles at me in a genuine way.

As far as finding a mate; well, I don't think it's according to any particular criteria. If I met a girl and we got along really well and had similar viewpoints and she was at all physically compatible then I'd go for it. I'd prefer to form a friendship before forming a relationship. The other way around and everyone's asking to get hurt.

For me physical appearance gives a bit contribution. On top of all, personality is on the top criteria. Coz there are a lot of good looking girls but has no manners. I think without good personality, you're nothing.

What matters most to me is that a woman can hold up her end of a conversation. I don't expect all women to be Ph.D.s... but I hate it when I mention something academic and either she gives me a blank look or she changes the subject because she thinks she's not smart enough to talk with me about the subjects that I teach.

What else is important?
Don't be an 'attention whore', to use a phrase from one of my friends.
Don't be superficial.
Don't act too insecure. (Example: Don't fish for compliments)
Don't 'play games'.
Have some interesting things to talk about - don't make me control the entire conversation.

The above criteria is sufficient for me to be willing to get to know a woman. If we 'click', great. If we don't, what person doesn't want more friends?

As far as physical attributes go... I think the most important thing to consider is proportionality, not size. Girls with huge breasts and sticks for bodies look weird, in my opinion. If a girl is bigger, that's fine, as long as her body is in proportion. There's quite a lot of evidence to suggest that beauty really comes down to being a matter of mathematics.

ChessGuy42 said:
Don't be superficial.
Don't 'play games'.
Have some interesting things to talk about - don't make me control the entire conversation.

The above criteria is sufficient for me to be willing to get to know a woman.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know a person isn't all of these things you mentioned above, BEFORE you get to know them? I mean, if not being/doing all those things is what it takes for you to be "willing to get to know" them, how can you tell unless you get to know them? Just curious....

EveWasFramed said:
ChessGuy42 said:
Don't be superficial.
Don't 'play games'.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know a person isn't all of these things you mentioned above, BEFORE you get to know them? I mean, if not being/doing all those things is what it takes for you to be "willing to get to know" them, how can you tell unless you get to know them? Just curious....

Fair question.

First of all, I mean 'get to know' in an in depth way. Think of it as, say, reading the book versus seeing the movie. Second, clues to most of these traits will show within twenty minutes or half an hour. I'm willing to give anyone that amount of time, but I hardly call that getting to know someone.

ChessGuy42 said:
EveWasFramed said:
ChessGuy42 said:
Don't be superficial.
Don't 'play games'.

Fair question.

First of all, I mean 'get to know' in an in depth way. Think of it as, say, reading the book versus seeing the movie. Second, clues to most of these traits will show within twenty minutes or half an hour. I'm willing to give anyone that amount of time, but I hardly call that getting to know someone.

:p OK, I see what you mean. You get an initial first impression, after a brief meeting, and that tells you whether or not it's someone you might like to "get to know better."

Latest posts

Back