important attributes for a girl to have

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sleepflower said:
what would you say are the most important attributes that a girl must have to make her appealing? it seems to me most guys wont go near a girl unless she has massive boobs and is sex mad. please prove me wrong guys.

Most importantly she has to be compassionate and understanding. That mixed in with some common interests and mutual respect is all I need. Any other barriers wear down over time. I've found that even if the physical attraction isn't immediately striking, it grows over time as you get to know each other.

androidhippy said:
sleepflower said:
what would you say are the most important attributes that a girl must have to make her appealing? it seems to me most guys wont go near a girl unless she has massive boobs and is sex mad. please prove me wrong guys.

Most importantly she has to be compassionate and understanding. That mixed in with some common interests and mutual respect is all I need. Any other barriers wear down over time. I've found that even if the physical attraction isn't immediately striking, it grows over time as you get to know each other.

That's certainly true I think. I made a post about becoming more attracted to someone physically once you get to know them, but someone who's stunning you might become disgusted with after you see them for who they really are.

Hello Sleepflower,

For me it is important what a girl has to offer from the inside. Everyone is special in their own ways. I mean, every girls hearts are hidden gardens and their souls consists of a variety of colors.

Talking like a guy, the eye wants something as well but for me, that's a very small portion of what I like to find in a girl.

This is just a piece of my opinion!

Asterli--
As an artist, I loved these words..."every girls hearts are hidden gardens and their souls consists of a variety of colors."
What a very poetic view. I have come to realize, the greatest beauty in any person, man or woman, is located well under and inside the layers of skin. You made me feel all warm and fuzzy with that beautiful description.

Nina said:
Asterli--
As an artist, I loved these words..."every girls hearts are hidden gardens and their souls consists of a variety of colors."
What a very poetic view. I have come to realize, the greatest beauty in any person, man or woman, is located well under and inside the layers of skin. You made me feel all warm and fuzzy with that beautiful description.

Thank you very much Nina. I really like to write stories and poetry and love is kind of my main theme. I always try to describe it in this way because I think it is the very core of a woman, a beautiful garden with hidden secret places for us to care for.

Asterli--
Awwww, Ya gotta love a guy who writes love stories and poems...You should post a couple of them of in the "Express yourself" part of the forum. It might cheer us all up!

Asterli said:
I always try to describe it in this way because I think it is the very core of a woman, a beautiful garden with hidden secret places for us to care for.

Kudos to you. I'd never be able to say that aloud with a straight face.

*snicker*... secret places... hehe

Badjedidude said:
Asterli said:
I always try to describe it in this way because I think it is the very core of a woman, a beautiful garden with hidden secret places for us to care for.

Kudos to you. I'd never be able to say that aloud with a straight face.

*snicker*... secret places... hehe

:club: stop laughing at our "secret places." lol

Badjedidude said:
^^^I LOVE secret places! ;)

But the phrasing of it is just too funny to ignore. :p

Agreed. (D) I was chuckling, don't tell anyone, lol.

Badjedidude said:
^^^I'll keep your secret in my secret place, Eve. ^_^

:club: My secret place is a secret and not to be shared in secret, with other secret places. It's a secret. Hello?

lol :p

To me, honesty, compassion, and health are the most important traits in any person, woman or otherwise. I think people can feel compassion and people need honesty. Put the two together and you're prime.

Often looks reflect one's health so it's not that people are shallow, it's just that we're biologically driven to seek a healthy mate. However there is a subtle distinction in this. A goal should not be to become beautiful, but to become healthy. Even if you are cursed with what isn't considered an attractive appearance, if you are healthy you will smell better, have a kinder demeanor, and generally give subtle cues that you are an attractive mate, regardless of appearance.

Competence in what you do (whatever it is) is also good I think. Nothing better than a person who knows what their doing or saying.

Sarpirus

my preferences have changed over the year but here's the up date on what i like in women (besides me)

as far as looks go i'm still a butt man [*Evil smile*] but i it's their face that wins me over, and i still like women to be shorter then me.

now for the personality of the girl i like one i can talk with very easily with out having to feel like i'm walking on egg shells, i like the ones the like playing video games/board games and over all is kind of a nerd. And honestly i just want one that likes me as well

Predictability.

I've never considered this before, but I realize that seems quite valuable. Guys are generally interested in control, which can be very negative but is usually a much saner version of "I would like to a good idea of navigating my life as I want it to be." Notice what guys prize in friends: reliability and reputation - the idea that they know what to expect from their friends and what capabilities their friends add to their life.

Girlfriends aren't all that different for us from how we consider friends in some ways.

Therefore, more than anything else, I think guys would appreciate having someone they can 'read' and actually understand. Unfortunately, I believe that fundamental differences in brain chemistry(or possibly just upbringing) make this kind of common communication difficult.

Latest posts

Back