In hiding

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, another thing you can try is as soon as these thought begin, randomly doing something like tapping your foot.
Hang in there dear. You're a strong person. You can do this. :)
*hugs*

Thanks Mr Seal.

Of course the complete irony of the situation is that it's part of my job to teach others strategies to cope. Hah! I've been practicing/studying for almost 15 years, I initially began learning taiji to help me deal with my severe depression. I have come so far.

The events of last year possibly may have broken me completely if it wasn't for what I have been through previously, what I have learned, & the inner strength I have built.

Alma lost her spoon said:
Thanks Mr Seal.

Of course the complete irony of the situation is that it's part of my job to teach others strategies to cope. Hah! I've been practicing/studying for almost 15 years, I initially began learning taiji to help me deal with my severe depression. I have come so far.

The events of last year possibly may have broken me completely if it wasn't for what I have been through previously, what I have learned, & the inner strength I have built.

I hear you. I had a friend that taught me many things about life and how to view it (In a positive way). After some time though she strayed a bit I had a bit of quarrel with her (long story) and we don't see each other today but I won't forget all the things that she taught me.

Also this is a quote from a comic I've read and I love it. One says "Why do we fall? We fall so that we can learn to get back up." The other says "No. We fall because someone pushes us. We get up to push back."

Be strong and true. :)

Hey, good timing Mr Seal.

I take my mind off things by flicking the bean hah most often that works-not always possible though...

Tough day today, can't seem to stop myself at times revisiting this time last year & wondering how I'm going to ever make it through the rest of the year, not to mention Christmas(I'm struggling with the schmaltz I've been exposed to already!) & as for Hogmany/New Years.....the only thing I can think about how to cope with Hogmany is to take something that will know me flat out & wake up sometime next year.

(hug) I don't really have much to say. I have an inner sense that you will pull through this. That you may be struggling now but that things will get better for you.

Much love to you. <3

I'm doing that thing, I call it 'hiding'.

I've noticed I've been selective about reading answering emails/calls/txts.

The last few weeks I've been finding it difficult to keep up with my exercise routine, my sleep pattern is suffering & I'm drinking alcohol.

I need to find some of my inner strength to fight my way back out to the light-I don't want to be stuck here for any length of time-or worse yet, I can't allow myself to fall back any further.

This is a statement of my intention to pick myself up & force myself to start moving forward once more.

The psychologist folks call it "Avoidance" and if persistant, "Avoidant Personality Disorder"

Thanks James, but the description I looked up doesn't fit me at all....

"feelings of inadequacy and are extremely sensitive to what others think about them. These feelings of inadequacy leads to the person to be socially inhibited and feel socially inept. Because of these feelings of inadequacy and inhibition, the person with avoidant personality disorder will seek to avoid work, school and any activities that involve socializing or interacting with others."

It's not really like that for me.

Thanks for being helpful though

I'm doing that thing, I call it 'hiding'.

I've noticed I've been selective about reading answering emails/calls/txts.

The last few weeks I've been finding it difficult to keep up with my exercise routine, my sleep pattern is suffering & I'm drinking alcohol.

I need to find some of my inner strength to fight my way back out to the light-I don't want to be stuck here for any length of time-or worse yet, I can't allow myself to fall back any further.

i have been feeling much the same way all year long (minus the booze for the most part), particularly since september when i had a fight with someone and my feelings were very hurt. i haven't responded to barely anyone on PM here, email, or Facebook, barely read, barely worked on hobbies, hardly seen my friends and when i have i haven't had much to say. if i have not responded to anyone here, it is not me blowing you off. ive just had a lot of stress and running on minimal energy. ive just really retreated into myself and trying to untangle all my knots. i dont know what i can say to help, except that i know how it feels.

you have a dog, as i recall? i know it makes me feel better to snuggle with Boomer periodically throughout the day. maybe that could help you also.

Sophia thankyou for being always so nice, kind & thoughtful.

Skafish-Flay is always the biggest help of all!

I'm stuck in self-sabotage mode atm

I need to use what's left of this year to sort my ruddy self out once & for all!

That tickles Soph haha

Oooh can you please do it a bit harder & a little to the left.

Here I sit again not helping myself, **** I HATE my stupdity sometimes.

It's always interesting how human behavior works.. Why is it sooooo hard to take your own advice? I mean, we (you in this case) know the answer... We're also fine in helping others while putting ourselves aside.

Brain: "You know you only have to listen to yourself."
Heart: "Shut up, Brain, it's not that easy."
Brain: "It doesn't have to be difficult."
Heart: "It just is, okay?"

Logic >_>

That tickles Soph haha

Oooh can you please do it a bit harder & a little to the left.

Here I sit again not helping myself, **** I HATE my stupdity sometimes.

*takes a rock pick to your left temple*

Helpful at all? :shy:

jd7 said:
I've been hiding for seven years.

Is that why you're called jd seven, because you've been hiding for seven years?

Regumika said:
It's always interesting how human behavior works.. Why is it sooooo hard to take your own advice? I mean, we (you in this case) know the answer... We're also fine in helping others while putting ourselves aside.

Brain: "You know you only have to listen to yourself."
Heart: "Shut up, Brain, it's not that easy."
Brain: "It doesn't have to be difficult."
Heart: "It just is, okay?"

Logic >_>

“Sometimes skulls are thick. Sometimes hearts are vacant. Sometimes words don't work. ”

― James Frey, A Million Little Pieces

I've been doing this for the longest time. There is one 'friend' who I haven't spoken to in three years. There is one however who sent me a christmas card, even though i went silent for a few months again. I guess sometimes you know who your true friends are.

I've been in hiding for as long as I can remember, to the point that it comes so naturally it's scary.

Hey guys I really have not gone into totally dpression.. Just mere ones... So i guess i really do not know what it feels to stand in your shoes... So keep fighting and get through it.. Just don't dare give up.. :)

Sometimes it's good to detach yourself a bit. It gives you time to reflect. Give yourself time to rest and recharge and just do what needs doing. It's best not to overdo things if your feeling like this.

Latest posts

Back