Is anyone else lonely because of their standards?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manwithhat2

Reaction score
Call it shallow, but their has to be both a mental and physical attraction before I even think about dating a girl. I feel like one of the reasons why i'm lonely is because of my standards, and my refusal to go any lower than them.

It's either you're praised for determination or scolded for taking it too seriously. What do you think and what do you have to say about it?

manwithhat2 said:
Call it shallow, but their has to be both a mental and physical attraction before I even think about dating a girl. I feel like one of the reasons why i'm lonely is because of my standards, and my refusal to go any lower than them.

It's either you're praised for determination or scolded for taking it too seriously. What do you think and what do you have to say about it?

Looks wise, I would date any woman. As long as they look after themselves. (Obviously a woman who smells is a definate 'no')

Personality wise is a bit different. I wouldn't date a 'loud mouth', say somebody who swore a lot. Or a racist.

A woman who I have my eye on at the moment has more facial hair than me. She is sweet though with a nice smile.

I'm lonely because of society's standards that make me appear undesirable physically.

I'd definitely prefer a high educated woman, though. A Masters degree would be PERFECT! Glasses would be a serious plus. :p

I have standards. I wanted someone who didn't abuse me. I wanted someone I could get along with. And I wanted someone who loved me for me. Those are my standards.

I have standards when It comes to women but I don't thinks its why I'm alone :p I want a woman thats healthy... that means no smoking and they have to atleast look after their shape a little bit. It depends how mentally unhealthy they are, everyones a little crazy... right?

lonliness is a state of mind.
if i get honeysuckle faced enoigh ill alter my mind and standard
accirdingly.
k....im goimg tp have to settle for D instead
of a DD.
fresia it, ...its all goodn

I was for a very long time, I had very stringent, very high standards and didn't meet anyone who came close for years. I don't think there is anything wrong with people having high standards or a 'type', though some times those standards can get to unreasonable levels that no one can live up to. Mine were approaching that, but I realized as long as the 'core' standards were met, I could compromise on the rest.

I think I don't even know what my standards are, much less apply them, lol. I can't for the life of me figure out, 'what my type is', yet oddly enough I think I used to have one.

I could agree that it is possible that the traits I am attracted to are more rare than is prudent. That being said I am not interested into simply "dating". When I begin a relationship with a woman it is longevity that I want. I think that is what it comes down to for me. There is a "date" type, and there is a "relationship" type. I sometimes get the feeling that folks are into serial dating. Society is different in this age. Standards for normal are changing by the year. God help all us poor saps who didnt find our significant others in High School/College. Good luck and happy hunting to all!

Every single person has certain standards. Whoever says they don't is lying, IMHO. Everyone is different, so as thus everyone has different standards and such. But everyone has a certain physical/mental attraction standards. I, of course, have my own standards as well.

But don't worry about your standards, unless they are strict and specific, you should have no problems.

...... Standards are necessary.
I can say with good knowledge that it's better to be alone and able to maintain your self-respect than be with someone who continuously makes you question your self-worth.

I take all as they come. I don't place importance on appearance, intellect, social status, race, gender, wealth, and even species (after nursing a flightless bird back to health it comes to see me every now and then).

well....from business stand piont.
Quality was always dependent on whats avaliable.

I worked with very demanding clients..
akways wanting honeysuckle yesterday or now now to
their requirements.

I always tell them in so many ways....
Ill get you whatever the fresia you want and have that
honeysuckle deliver to your living room gift wrapped..
JUST PAY UP BITCHES!!!!lol

in busibess theres marketing or advertising.

and of course the 20 to 30 contacts you
must bid for...against your competitors..

So its what i have to offer or bring to
the tabke as a bussiness partner.

and of course can i or my partner deliver and
perform as i promised. INTEGRITY.

AFrozenSoul said:
Just to clarify for everyone. One of my standards is that my mate feels the same way about me.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. There is nothing worse than being in a relationship with someone where the affection and respect are not mutual.

I think everyone should have high standards... we have an over population issue, and high standards assure a healthy gene pool for future generation... So long as those standards involve brains and physical ability before good looks and other fleeting things. So for the good of all man kind, have high standards.

Latest posts

Back