Is it better to see a male or female counselor about incel?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on who you prefer and honestly it's a toss up if they're good counselors or not, I'd go to the one who has many appointments shows you that they're popular.

you probably should find someone who has treated other people and knows something about it

The only people who would know anything about incel are people who have already either learnt about it through others' experiences, or have experienced it first-hand.

Just my opinion - a male counselor may understand your situation better - however, the choice is yours.

As much as I would love to state and believe that both men and women are treated equally as such in today's society - that is not the case.
I am not trying to deter you from seeing a female counselor, but incel, while it affects both males and females - there are certainly noticeable gender expectations when it comes to relationships and sex in general.

1. Men are expected to approach
(Now I know that many women will argue that they are the exception, but that is simply what they are. The exception. Most will expect you to approach.)
2. Virginity
(Ever see the group of guy buddies trying to help their little friend lose his virginity? There is more pressure for a man to have had his fair share of relationships and sex at a young age; though women are catching up. Female virgins are not as shunned as much as male virgins...though another day, I'll start a *****-post about said pressures all together...) :mad:
3. Empathy
(You, a young good-looking man aren't likely going to be getting much empathy from your average female when it comes to incel.)

^^^ Now all the above, which I am sure you already know - my point is not try to make you feel worse or anything of the sort.
It is just that I am not too sure if your average female counselor would be able to see from your point of view and understand you.
I know that is what they are paid to do, but it doesn't take much for someone to simply nod their head and say "You are so young...long ways to go/ no need to rush yourself/ you will find someone/ be loved/ patience is a virtue/ blahblahblah" or "Try to focus on the positive instead of the negative"

What you need is someone who is able to see the world through your eyes, and guide you towards understanding yourself and learning how to handle your issues.
A man...who may or may not have experience incel first-hand, but has lived through the world with the pressures that men have, may be easier for you to relate to.
Of course, you may find a woman that could be an excellent counselor for you, but all I'm offering is only my opinion.

Whatever you choose, I hope you'll be able to get the help that you would like.

It really depends on your comfort level and your attitude.

From some of your posts I've read a lot of hostility directed at the women you encounter in your life. Perhaps you'd be better served by working with a man until you can get over your feelings of resentment toward the female sex. If you go into a working relationship with a female counselor seeing her as the enemy by virtue of her gender I can't think that you'd get a lot accomplished.

Good luck, and I mean that sincerely, not snidely. A good therapist can be the key to breaking down some of our issues so that we can manage them effectively on our own. It's no fun having these monsters on our backs.

Luna said:
3. Empathy
(You, a young good-looking man aren't likely going to be getting much empathy from your average female when it comes to incel.)

I don't imagine most females think I'm good-looking or else I wouldn't be incel.

Firstly: I think that for many women it's more about attitude than about actual physical looks. Believe me, I've seen some pretty hot women with some ugly dudes...ugly dudes, but dudes with awesome character. Don't worry about looks!

Second: Talking to a woman about being incel might just cause problems, I think...there's a definite chance of attachment to the therapist. It'd probably be best to go to a guy for that kind of thing, IMO.

----Steve

one MD commented something about my age and still being single, I told him it was because I never leared to play a Guitar,if I had the money I'd buy a Harley,

Badjedidude said:
Firstly: I think that for many women it's more about attitude than about actual physical looks. Believe me, I've seen some pretty hot women with some ugly dudes...ugly dudes, but dudes with awesome character. Don't worry about looks!

Second: Talking to a woman about being incel might just cause problems, I think...there's a definite chance of attachment to the therapist. It'd probably be best to go to a guy for that kind of thing, IMO.

----Steve

I'm only 20 and most female counselors I've met have been like 40 and older. But that wud be funny if I saw a female counselor who was hot and like 25 and she pretended to care about losers like me and then went home to fresia her bad boy bf.

SocratesX said:
Badjedidude said:

----Steve

I'm only 20 and most female counselors I've met have been like 40 and older. But that wud be funny if I saw a female counselor who was hot and like 25 and she pretended to care about losers like me and then went home to fresia her bad boy bf.

uh

You do realize that psychologists get into their profession BECAUSE they care about the people they counsel and genuinely want to help them...right?

o_o

SophiaGrace said:
uh

You do realize that psychologists get into their profession BECAUSE they care about the people they counsel and genuinely want to help them...right?

o_o

Yeah, for most of them, you are right. Then, after a few years, they might get a tad grumpy :p

Latest posts

Back