Is it ok for someone you are dating or anyone else to show up to your house ..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Naleena.:)

A lot of people aren't big fans of the "Pop In". To call ahead of time is the more respectful thing to do. Myself, I don't like it when someone just shows up at my door. I could be in the shower or asleep. Something like that. I would go as far as to say that just showing up unannounced is a tad inconsiderate. I would politely remind them of that.

I am extremely private person and do not like it if someone shows up unannounced (including family members).

Everyone in my family (all 5 of us - my grandmother, aunt, mom, & daughter) would consider it extremely disrespectful unless it was for a good reason.

I don't mind at all. I'm part of a very close family and most of my immediate family have keys to my house, although they usually knock anyway. They certainly don't call ahead, but then they wouldn't be offended if I told them that I was busy either.

I've never really known anyone that expected me to call prior to turning up at their house, but judging from this thread, it's much more common than I would have imagined.

I hate people showing up unannounced. What if they turn up on cross dressing Thursday? I'm f*cked!! Maybe literally - I think I'd make a pretty girl

I would personally prefer they let me know so I can prepare the house (in case it's in a mess or something) and make myself be presentable (who knows haha). But if they come unannounced with a sweet intention, I couldn't be mad or upset... no way. It's sweet.

As I live in a crappy house, I wouldn't be impressed. But I'd not make a big deal of it. I'd just say lets go out.

I believe in Warning on both sides of this, I wouldn`t like it, and I don`t do it for the simple fact it could waste time if no one is there to receive you.

Naleena said:
Is it ok for someone you are dating or anyone else to show up to your house unannounced? what are your feelings and would you do that to someone?

Happens frequently, doesn't bother me. However, as a good Southern girl, I was raised to call before dropping by someone's place. :)

Sigma said:
If it's somebody I let get that close to me, then they can show up whenever they want.

Does that mean Rosebolt and I can show up whenever we want? :)

Latest posts

Back