Is it possible to meet genuine people over the internet?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAS said:
Oh that's told me. I guess nasty old C.A.S. will have to go to bed with no supper.

It's clear to me that you have a set opinion in your mind and aren't open to hearing dissenting views. You're acting like a petulant child and yeah, maybe you DO need to go to bed without supper.

I never had an opinion about you one way or the other until now. I don't recall ever interacting with you before - I certainly didn't have any sort of hate for you as you seem to think. Hell, I don't hate you now.

I think that you are overreacting in spectacular fashion because you aren't getting scads of posts agreeing with you and now you're having a temper tantrum.

Grow up.

ok...

CAS please dont take it personally if it takes a long while to make genuine friendships over the net. Or in general really...

There are so many people...it takes a while to find someone that genuinely connects with you AND wants to keep the friendship.

Plus. If you become angry and beligerent towards the people that could be your friends...if they seem to be distant or unavailable at times...then that'll drive them away for good.

I know youre frustrated and you want to fight this problem like...GRR! But...I dont think this anger is productive and getting you what you really want (which is to make connections with people online)

I had a friend once online and I liked him a lot but he'd get very angry at me if I was distracted or would leave the computer a lot. (it wasnt that i didnt care i just go through phases where I talk to people more and dont talk to them sometimes) and he didnt understand that and he'd explode at me or would angerly confront me and...for me...that was intimidating. So I decided he wasnt good friend material and left him alone entirely.

You'll meet someone...just be patient and let the friendship flow

CAS said:
Warning? What warning exactly?

Now I seem to be being attacked.

Quite how you read a friendly warning as an attack is beyond me. Calm down, and stop getting angry simply because you were wrong.

Attacked because you were told to mellow out the attitude?

Alright man, some other posts were made in the time I was writing mine.. I really think this is a shame. I defended you in the other thread but this just makes you look like a troll (if you aren't actually one). You're smart enough to figure out what you're doing wrong but instead you're acting like a child.

You started, now you may be attacked.

EDIT: Lol, this thread attracts posts quickly.

SophiaGrace said:
ok...

CAS please dont take it personally if it takes a long while to make genuine friendships over the net. Or in general really...

There are so many people...it takes a while to find someone that genuinely connects with you AND wants to keep the friendship.

Plus. If you become angry and beligerent towards the people that could be your friends...if they seem to be distant or unavailable at times...then that'll drive them away for good.

I know youre frustrated and you want to fight this problem like...GRR! But...I dont think this anger is productive and getting you what you really want (which is to make connections with people online)

I had a friend once online and I liked him a lot but he'd get very angry at me if I was distracted or would leave the computer a lot. (it wasnt that i didnt care i just go through phases where I talk to people more and dont talk to them sometimes) and he didnt understand that and he'd explode at me or would angerly confront me and...for me...that was intimidating. So I decided he wasnt good friend material and left him alone entirely.

Sophia Grace you are truly a lady. Thank you. As for everyone else, I think they're out to attack me just for speaking my mind.

People can make good friendships with people over the interwebs but I don't think they develop into real life ones so well.

Seriously...go back and read this thread from the start. No one said anything even remotely untoward until you lashed out at cheaptrickfan.

EDIT: Perhaps you didnt MEAN for to to come across as lashing out, but it did.

CAS said:
Sophia Grace you are truly a lady. Thank you. As for everyone else, I think they're out to attack me just for speaking my mind.

Dude, look at my first post again. IN NO WAY did I attack you.

YOU jumped ugly on me. I say step back from the computer for a breather and then come back.

CAS said:

Perhaps you should reread what people said to you, and then your replies. Then you may realise who is the aggressor here.

EveWasFramed said:
Seriously...go back and read this thread from the start. No one said anything even remotely untoward until you lashed out at cheaptrickfan.

I meant no offence to anyone. I'm just tired of being the odd one out. I don't even fit in on the internet. If I'm aggressive it's because life has made me that way.

CAS said:
SophiaGrace said:
ok...

I think everyone is just really tense right now actually. And you DID lash out at a member, but I think it was just an expression of anger from somewhere else, rather than anger at the person.

Everyone needs to chill and take a deep breath.

BREATHE! lol

PieBeNice said:
Hugs all around.

Yay hugs n____n

2MnBzp68m3vpfw7zOyIQSbKJ_400.jpg

CAS said:
EveWasFramed said:

I meant no offence to anyone. I'm just tired of being the odd one out. I don't even fit in on the internet. If I'm aggressive it's because life has made me that way.

Yes, our life experiences can sometimes make us angry or bitter and we don't realize we are lashing out at others.

CAS said:

They are (or were) all trying to make you feel better by proving it's possible, but obviously you're too angry or upset to see it. No one hates you and no one was attacking you.

CAS said:

I can understand the frustration, and believe that we can't easily control how we feel, but we are responsible for how we react to our feelings.

This is why I recommend breathing and counting - in all seriousness.

When I start to get frustrated or pissed off - and believe me, I have small kids so this is a daily occurrence - rather than lose my honeysuckle, I try to count to ten in every language I've ever studied. By the time I get to Swedish/Norwegian, I'm so distracted trying to remember which is which, that my internal rage thermometer has usually gone down quite a bit.

And just for the record: I don't hate you. I don't hate anyone on this site. :)

SophiaGrace said:
cheaptrickfan said:
PieBeNice said:
Hugs all around.

WARM FUZZIES!!!

warmfuzzy.jpg

lol wtf xD

Don't you just want to squish him?! :)

Latest posts

Back