Is it possible to meet genuine people over the internet?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheaptrickfan said:
CAS said:
I meant no offence to anyone. I'm just tired of being the odd one out. I don't even fit in on the internet. If I'm aggressive it's because life has made me that way.

I can understand the frustration, and believe that we can't easily control how we feel, but we are responsible for how we react to our feelings.

This is why I recommend breathing - in all seriousness.

When I start to get frustrated or pissed off - and believe me, I have small kids so this is a daily occurrence - rather than lose my honeysuckle, I try to count to ten in every language I've ever studied. By the time I get to Swedish/Norwegian, I'm so distracted trying to remember which is which, that my internal rage thermometer has usually gone down quite a bit.

And just for the record: I don't hate you. I don't hate anyone on this site. :)

SophiaGrace said:
cheaptrickfan said:
PieBeNice said:
Hugs all around.

WARM FUZZIES!!!

warmfuzzy.jpg

lol wtf xD

Don't you just want to squish him?! :)

OK. Shame Steel isn't being so accepting, but thanks to everyone else.

CAS said:

You couldnt be MORE wrong. I know him well enough to know that he would have already closed the thread and/or possibly banned you if he wasn't understanding, CAS. You are impugning him in this case. You should really apologize. :|

EveWasFramed said:
OK, cheaptrickfan...that fuzzball was cute but kinda creepy, lol. :p

It's the eyes... :p

CAS said:

I think that he's being plenty accepting, CAS. He pointed out that you lashed out rashly and issued you a gentle warning to tone it down.

I am sorry that you are in a position where you automatically view dissent as hate or attacks directed toward you. You must be in a very bad place in your life now for that to be the case. :(

EveWasFramed said:
CAS said:

You couldnt be MORE wrong. I know him well enough to know that he would have already closed the thread and/or possibly banned you if he wasn't understanding, CAS. You are impugning him in this case. You should really apologize. :|

OK. Sorry Steel. Didn't relise I was messing with the big-guns. :)

CAS said:

Lol, I'm not being accepting because I hadn't replied yet?

Honestly CAS. if I'd have thought you were a troll, I'd have banned you on the spot. But I didn't believe you were - and still don't. You were angry.

Personally... I go for walks. And squish fuzzies :p

yamaha CS5 said:
NO CUTE KITTENS ANYMOREEE!!

president-bush-eats-kitten-1259.jpg

Lol, this is the weirdest thread.

Oh George, not the kittens! Somebody, please, think of the kittens!!

cheaptrickfan said:
EveWasFramed said:

CAS said:

I think that he's being plenty accepting, CAS. He pointed out that you lashed out rashly and issued you a gentle warning to tone it down.

I am sorry that you are in a position where you automatically view dissent as hate or attacks directed toward you. You must be in a very bad place in your life now for that to be the case. :(

I don't get this 'warning' business. Is it an official warning or something? Will it show up on my A.L.L. records or something?

CAS said:
cheaptrickfan said:
EveWasFramed said:

CAS said:

I don't get this 'warning' business. Is it an official warning or something? Will it show up on my A.L.L. records or something?

A big man will come to your house and shout at you and tell you not to do it again.

I think it is this guy that i am scared of.

2MnBzp68m3vpfw7zOyIQSbKJ_400.jpg

CAS said:
cheaptrickfan said:
EveWasFramed said:

CAS said:

And yes I am in a bad place. I'm actually at the point where I can take little more.

CAS said:

No, you are fine. It was just letting you know that you were getting a little carried away.

CAS said:

I don't think it'll go on your "personal record" that follows you around for life, but I do believe that it's at the moderators' discretion to ban people for being offensive, or spamming. Generally, I believe it's customary to warn someone when he/she seems to be getting out of line.

cheaptrickfan said:
CAS said:

I don't think it'll go on your "personal record" that follows you around for life, but I do believe that it's at the moderators' discretion to ban people for being offensive, or spamming. Generally, I believe it's customary to warn someone when he/she seems to be getting out of line.

Correct. I leave "general" warnings all the time on threads that are getting close to getting out of hand. I also do get more specific with a slight verbal warning...such as..."OK, let's all calm down" or "(insert forum member's name here) please refrain from insults" or something of that nature.

CAS said:
cheaptrickfan said:

And yes I am in a bad place. I'm actually at the point where I can take little more.

I'm sorry. Believe it or not, I've been there. Unfortunately I basically found myself white-knuckling my way through some of the worst of it because I didn't want to burden the friends/family I did have available because I figured that they wouldn't care.

As it turned out I was wrong to misjudge them, but I was so consumed with bitterness, disappointment and depression that I really wasn't thinking straight.

I hope that you find your way through this. No one should suffer this crap.

Latest posts

Back