Is There A Specific Time of the Day Where You Feel Lonelier Than Usual?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've noticed most people have said that it's the night time when they feel most lonely, to me it's the exact opposite for whatever reason. I think maybe it's because I'm up a lot at night. During the day when I'm by myself, it makes me feel alone because I know that outside the hustle and bustle of life goes on while I'm just sitting here, but during the night I kind of expect to be alone and I'm a bit more comfortable with it then.

Tux said:
duff said:
Bones said:
Before falling asleep - I really miss holding someone - so, sometimes, I ask / beg to not wake up in the morning.

I've never shared a bed with anyone ever !
All my life. And it doesn't bother me anymore !

Hopefully you will either meet somebody or stop feeling so horrible about been alone !

What did you do to keep it from bothering you anymore? Or was it just something that you had to come to terms with?

I think I have come to terms with it. bad experiences made me stop asking women out. That was when I was 31 or so. A few years ago I started up again, asking women for coffee etc. The way I got treated was so disgusting, I have lost all faith in women and relationships.

QuietForte said:
I've noticed most people have said that it's the night time when they feel most lonely, to me it's the exact opposite for whatever reason. I think maybe it's because I'm up a lot at night. During the day when I'm by myself, it makes me feel alone because I know that outside the hustle and bustle of life goes on while I'm just sitting here, but during the night I kind of expect to be alone and I'm a bit more comfortable with it then.

at least we have the internet now to share thoughts and feelings. That wasn't always the case. I was very lonely in the late 80's and 90's.

For me, it's not a specific time of day, but it's when I climb into bed. I shared my bed for a great many years and even after much time has passed, it feels strange to turn my head and have an empty pillow beside me.

When I feel lonely it's usually at night, but other times it's circumstantial. It's the times in life when I feel completely overwhelmed by everything that I really need a friend. No one is ever around when I feel this way. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I tend to feel the worse in the early evening, sometime between 4 and 6 p.m. It's when I feel the most depressed, sad, lonely, etc. No idea why that is. My psychiatrist suggested it might have something to do with my medication wearing off, but my sleep patterns (and hence the time I wake up and take my medicine) has changed a lot since then, so I don't think it's that.

Mostly at night; during the day I can distract myself with work, chores, etc. But also on weekends when I run out of things to do and the whole day stretches out. Also holidays. I never had much of a family but the older I get the more I wish I did.
Getting online in a virtual world at night and talking to people I've known for years helps, even w/ the obvious limitations.

At night, when i lay in bed. my mind's awash with thoughts of loneliness and despair. unfortunately i don't have much to think about to distract me from this state of rumination.

On and off through out the day, it usually hits in the middle of the day though. I just sit down and feel instantly lonely.

Latest posts

Back