Is there hope of making friends if I have a bad personality?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Social anxiety is like a distorted mirror, what we see is not necessarily what other people see.

Kind of like that Dove challenge. People describe themselves to an artist, and they just come out all distorted. But other people describe them to an artist, and it came out more like how they really looked. Amazing stuff.

VanillaCreme said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Social anxiety is like a distorted mirror, what we see is not necessarily what other people see.

Kind of like that Dove challenge. People describe themselves to an artist, and they just come out all distorted. But other people describe them to an artist, and it came out more like how they really looked. Amazing stuff.

That sounds interesting. Can you link to the study?

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Why wouldn't I like you? You seem like a nice person.

Stop being so hard on yourself. It's like the pot calling the kettle black, because I always think people don't like me...so don't think I don't understand. I do.

I don't know, But ironically, I actually did tell you that you're way too hard on yourself in one of your threads. :)

VanillaCreme said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

I remember seeing the video on youtube. It focused a lot on physical appearance, but its basically the same thing. For me, its more about self hatred than physical appearance, but It all amounts to being over critical of one's self. What's scary is that I do it without even realising it. I guess I'm not the only one.

Latest posts

Back