Is your life better than it was a year ago?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is your life better than it was at this time last year?

• Much Better

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Somewhat Better

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • About the Same

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Somewhat Worse

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Much Worse

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Old thread, but still an interesting question

I would have to say my life is much worse than it was a year ago. A year ago friendships that existed were growing, new friendships were being built, and I was dead for less of the year. Last year was not great by any stretch of the imagination, but this year has been that much worse. To be honest, the last year+ has made me see things in a whole new light (or dark as it were). If I were to go back to when I was "happier" (only relatively, not absolutely) I would need to go back to 2004. Back then, I had the opportunity to work with the most genuinely happy person I have ever met. She was a great person and friend. She made work fun and she made me smile. Unfortunately for me, she moved away. Since then, I have not found the same level of happiness, at work or outside. That is not to say that it is her fault I am the way that I am now. She was around before the darkness engulfed me. Perhaps if she was around she could have helped me beat the darkness, who knows. All I do know is that if this year is any indication of what next year is going to be like, then I do not want to see any more years...

Mmmh. I dunno. Maybe a bit better. Been having a bit of a hard time in the noggin' and financially. I was about to move out from a horrid apartment, which was certainly an improvement. Moving again, soon, always upwards and onwards.

Socially, there's been a huuuuuuuge improvement, what with the date and all those big conventions with thousands of people. Still sort of a crazed hermit, but I hide it well.

Health is a bit worse off with the battle against insomnia, and the old problems having gotten a bit worse this year, but I've also trained a lot more at home, which must've had some positive effect on my overall health.

Almost finished with my education, gonna (hopefully) get my papers early next year. Dunno how much good they are in the long run, but at least they're something official for the CV.

Do we need a 2010 edition thread? Eh, maybe not.

Overall, yes.
1 -- for the new hobby (photography, although it came late very late in the year)
1 -- more serious about working out (may have improved my body compared to last year, just don't have before and after pics to prove it)

0 -- relationship status (still no love life, no daily or even weekly basis friendships, just acquaintances as usual)
0 -- making about the same amount of money

-1 -- disliking my job even more than I did a year ago

It's slightly better, I'm overall happier. I live in a nicer location and I have a couple of new hobbies. There's still plenty of room for improvement though.

I would say my life's been about the same ... I used to get thrown out of the house whenever my mom's in a pissy mood and she just found me to be annoying as I remind her about the mistakes in her life, her marriage etc... I thought that my life would turn out to be much better, now that I'm studying aboard. How wrong could I have been... It's been pretty much the same, living with my relatives. There isn't a minute when I'm not reminded about how crappy I am, for being my parents' daughter. Though, on the bright side, I have made afew happy memories with new friends. Hehe.. Water fights were the best. Now that I'm back home for the holidays, things are pretty much the same. Hell... just this morning, I got thrown out of the house again. When I got home, she acted as if everything's fine....

Latest posts

Back