I've been crying

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Among the Sleep

Reaction score
For like, an hour straight. I get that weird feeling you get in your upper-chest area, like an actual, tangible kind of sharp sensation, not exactly a pain but...idk. My eyes are swollen. I don't really cry that much...

:\ Well I hope you feel better soon, whatever is causing you pain. Crying definitely helps for sure..

Well hopefully you feel better soon. If there is anything you need to get off your chest or rant about feel free to do it. That can help sometimes.

That pain sounds like stress to me. Are you under pressure from anything?

putter65 said:
Among the Sleep said:
Im not sure

go for a walk in a park. Hopefully the sun will be out and you will feel better !

Today was about the gloomiest day I've ever seen in my life lol. It looked like night-time by like 4 PM, just shitty and rainy. But whatever.

Gutted said:
That pain sounds like stress to me. Are you under pressure from anything?

I dunno...just the usual stuff, I guess. I don't know why I had such an outburst last night. I feel better today obviously (I mean, I couldn't feel worse..) and lately, the past few weeks or so I feel like I've had a more positive outlook on things. Last night/this morning I just went nuts. Hope that doesn't happen again for a while.

Guess u r upset about something, have been trying not to think about it. But last night you just couldn't resist the thought.Let your tears come out, you will feel better. And then do anything good like music, movie, phone someone or go out.

Among the Sleep said:
I get that weird feeling you get in your upper-chest area, like an actual, tangible kind of sharp sensation, not exactly a pain but...idk.

That's called anxiety.

EveWasFramed said:
Among the Sleep said:
I get that weird feeling you get in your upper-chest area, like an actual, tangible kind of sharp sensation, not exactly a pain but...idk.

That's called anxiety.

The feeling I get is a lot heavier than that, cause I've had that physical feeling of anxiety before too. The feeling I'm talking about I get when I'm really sad about something, and when I dwell on it, and it feels worse than that. It's a legitimately intense physical feeling and I've always had it in those situations. I dunno.

You said its not exactly a pain. Do you feel difficulty in breathing? or have palpitations? Where do you exactly feel this heaviness?

BrokenInside said:
You said its not exactly a pain. Do you feel difficulty in breathing? or have palpitations? Where do you exactly feel this heaviness?

It's nothing like that. It's like the upper left/middle side of my chest...but it's not like...I dunno. I've had it since I was really young and only if I'm sad to the point of crying...I can't think of a good way to explain it...could just be severe anxiety, I guess, but it's not the same emotion while I'm feeling it. I guess it's similar to the anxiety thing but it's way more intense.

I was suspecting cardiac pain. Its definitely stress related but doesn't seem an anxiety attack.

hmm... that sounds like "heartache" to me. It really does. I guess it could be something else.. like maybe just depression in general but I only noticed it when ...yeah.

Crying heals all wounds
Take the bad stuff out of yourself and move on if just for the day :)

Okiedokes said:
hmm... that sounds like "heartache" to me. It really does. I guess it could be something else.. like maybe just depression in general but I only noticed it when ...yeah.

having experienced loss and profound grief and sometimes, just so tired of holding it all in to be strong and save face......yeah...that's a heart ache. i've experienced that before.

hope it gets better for you.

definitely try to connect to others, to something.
take care.

Among the Sleep said:
BrokenInside said:

It's nothing like that. It's like the upper left/middle side of my chest...but it's not like...I dunno. I've had it since I was really young and only if I'm sad to the point of crying...I can't think of a good way to explain it...could just be severe anxiety, I guess, but it's not the same emotion while I'm feeling it. I guess it's similar to the anxiety thing but it's way more intense.

When I cry I often get a numb throbbing pain in my middle finger - feels like arthritis or something. The harder I cry the deeper the throbbing pain. Ah there's nothing like a good cry every now and then. (Within healthy limits of course). Don't take it too seriously and be patient with yourself and let yourself feel whatever it is you need to. It can be great for healing and releasing negative feelings and allowing you to reconnect with yourself. I apologise if I'm coming across as a bit preachy but we're all human and people always seem to forget that it's totally fine to act it from time to time. There's a time for strength and there's a time to be vulnerable. Sometimes you need to take your mind off things and sometimes it's better to just release and let it all out without the superfluous feelings of guilty or shame. Kudos to you my friend!

My fingers get numb ang tingly when I cry. My therapist tells me that crying is as important for the body and mind as a good laugh so, even though I personally don't like to cry, it seems to be good for you. :)

Latest posts

Back