"I've gone without it for 2 whole months" (need to vent sorry)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheWickedOne said:
Some men can undress with their eyes even though you've got on a turtleneck, sweater, and a coat.

Apparently JSD is one of those men.

cheaptrickfan said:
What is it with you guy spilling all the trade secrets?!

This is true, though. I check people out all the time, but I'm subtle about it unlike the guys who are pointedly staring at my tits or whatever. I think that the last guy I went out with never once made eye contact with me the entire time. Der. I felt 6 inches shorter, FFS.

But yes, women are usually subtler at this. lol

This is actually a fact, and it's actually biological; women usually have better peripheral vision than men.

Of course, men can always invest in a pair of shades.

Steel said:
cheaptrickfan said:
What is it with you guy spilling all the trade secrets?!

This is true, though. I check people out all the time, but I'm subtle about it unlike the guys who are pointedly staring at my tits or whatever. I think that the last guy I went out with never once made eye contact with me the entire time. Der. I felt 6 inches shorter, FFS.

But yes, women are usually subtler at this. lol

This is actually a fact, and it's actually biological; women usually have better peripherary vision than men.

Of course, men can always invest in a pair of shades.

d'oh! @ the shades.

Now, see, I've known men who wear shades so that they can get away with sleeping in public.

TheWickedOne said:
Now, see, I've known men who wear shades so that they can get away with sleeping in public.

I've tried that in class before...but then I realized that my professors didn't really give a fresia if I slept in class or not, so I stopped and just slept like normal students; bag on desk, head on bag, iPod on.

----Steve

duality said:
I'm going through all of this as I type. I'm turning 23, and I'm still a virgin. And you guys are right about this shitty society that gives the impression that being a virgin is something strange. I don't know if it's my fault that I'm still a virgin, but I really hate it when people think it's wrong to still be a virgin. One time, my friend asked me about my new cellphone. He asked what carrier I have, and I said Virgin Mobile. And he said, "that suits you well. Just kidding." I know he was just joking, but deep inside, I felt a little ashamed.

Ooh, that's gotta hurt!!! I've been throught the same thing. People don't realize how obnoxious they sound sometimes. I am all too familiar with our society and its position on virgins, but there is nothing wrong with being one. It is more honorable then going out and paying a whore to sleep with you or taking home some slut who has no respect for you or herself and would spend the night with anybody. I havn't gotten laid in seven years (there's a dry spell for you) but it was with someone I loved. Next time I have this experience I don't want to share it with some slut or someone I don't love.

I hope these are words of encouragement for you and anyone else facing similar situations. Don't stoop to an all-time low just because you feel pressured.

For me having someone to love and being loved is the most important thing in the world. I'm not as conscious about sex since it can come and go (excuse the pun).

troubled said:
For me having someone to love and being loved is the most important thing in the world. I'm not as conscious about sex since it can come and go (excuse the pun).

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd just like share my experience with those heterosexual men who are still virgins. I'm now 30-something, and I didn't first have sex until I was about 23 yo or thereabouts. I had been in relationships with girls before then but it had just never got to that stage. Anyway, I found the less bothered I was about it the easier it was to get on with girls and just enjoy myself regardless. In fact I remember the day I first had sex, I was a bit clueless about what the girl's intentions were and was simply looking forward to playing a board game with her! In the end I'm glad we played the other type of game, but my point is that sex wasn't actually on my mind when it came along - it just happened as part of a developing relationship. Basically if you're not prepared to learn the whole ritual that goes along with casual sex (and I for one have no interest in doing so) then you have to try and learn to relax with the opposite sex, simply be friends with them, and enjoy their company independently of the possibility of sex. Try to develop relationships with women that don't involve even the possibility of sex - perhaps relatives or friends of friends, etc. Then it won't be long before you're meeting their friends and eventually a girl who takes a sexual interest in you. Above all put your energies into developing yourself as an individual, whether it's through your job, your studies or your hobbies. It will give you a natural confidence that girls will find attractive.

The other thing is sex can be a pretty depressing experience when it isn't good. Trust me when I say that no sex is better than bad sex. The best way to avoid bad sex is to find someone you click with on a lot of other levels as well. That's something you'll know only by spending time with them. At least that's been my experience. Everyone is different of course. Good luck and don't lose hope - but don't think about it too much either.

Latest posts

Back