Just sad or messed up in the head?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadman420

Reaction score
I am 16 years old, I have one friend. That friend is my brothers girlfriend, she comes over here and I see her for like 40 minutes. Other than that I have no friends, never get invited anywhere, and just sit at home. I seem to be more emotional than normal because I get really sad and cry a lot. Is it normal for a 16 year old male to cry? Am I just a case of being a baby? Please help.

It is completely normal for a 16 year old male to cry. It is normal for a male or female of any age to cry. You are not being baby at all. You are simply a sensitive human being with feelings, the same as everyone else. At 16 your hormones and emotions are all over the place anyway, and it is better to cry than to bottle your feelings up. You seem to have a good connection with your brother's girlfriend, which shows that you can make connections to people. I hope that you find others that you can connect to as well. Don't worry about your tears. You are normal.

Signing up for this website was a good thing for me, it helped me see that there are people who care. It is good to know that even 38 year old men cry to relieve there feelings. If one thing in life I have definitely learned is that it is better to cry, relieve my feelings, then bottle them up. Bottled up feelings are the most destructive weapon. Thank you for your support. :)

Hmm...let me see...I'll take a little bit of this:
Tiina63 said:
It is normal for a male or female of any age to cry. At 16 your hormones and emotions are all over the place anyway, and it is better to cry than to bottle your feelings up.

Also add a pinch of this:
blackdot said:
I'm 38 and I cry. Nothing wrong with it.

And I think ladies and gentlemen we have our answer. sadman420 there is nothing wrong with crying. Admittedly some people are going to be more sensitive than others, as is the great variety of life, but what you are doing is perfectly fine. It must be hard being in your shoes, I know I would hate to go through my teenager years again but I wish you younger folks wouldn’t be so hard on yourselves during your teenage years. At that time in life you’re essentially in tutorial mode where you are expected to be making mistakes as you learn and develop. You can’t fail as a teenager simply because it’s all one big learning curve.

sadman420 said:
I am 16 years old, I have one friend. That friend is my brothers girlfriend, she comes over here and I see her for like 40 minutes. Other than that I have no friends, never get invited anywhere, and just sit at home. I seem to be more emotional than normal because I get really sad and cry a lot. Is it normal for a 16 year old male to cry? Am I just a case of being a baby? Please help.

nothing wrong with crying whatsoever (I'm 27 yo male). Also, absolutly nothing wrong with being more emotional than normal, this is in fact a good, positive trait to have, trust me.

You say you just sit at home - do you have any hobbies? Maybe something you can do is to try and join a sports/games/social club of some type. You may find it awkward the first few meetings you go too, but you will gradually find that if you are hanging out and doing things you enjoy with people with the same interests and become more active within these groups you will grow more happy.

Latest posts

Back