Just Thought I'd Share...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jean-vic

Reaction score
Not posted in a while, because mainly I wasn't feeling the things I was when I first came here. Loneliness, social isolation etc etc weren't a predominant thought in my mind. Simple reason, I took to drinking. Drinking a lot. Even with people I can't stand. It's been affecting my academic life, mostly, and my attendance this year has been poor.

However, I realised that I have been using alcohol as an emotional crutch for some time now. Since I met my Dad for the third time last August, I have been progressively drinking more and more. Now, it's got to the point where, whenever I feel a pang of a negative emotion, I phone a "friend" and hit the drink.

So, I've decided to abstain. I won't become tee-total. My personal belief is that people that avoid drink altogether are still ruled by it. I haven't become an alcoholic yet. I was just on the slippery slope leading to it. I'm off, now, though and want to keep away from the stuff completely until University ends. Then, even though I will drink, it will be highly moderated and reduced to once or twice a month.

I just wanted to come here and post this. Maybe someone will see it. Maybe they'll realise that drink isn't the answer. It hasn't made me feel better. All it has done is buried a lot of negative feeling and caused me to gain some of the weight I spent a lot of energy losing, again. It isn't the answer. I've seen that before it developed into a problem. Hopefully, this post will enlighten someone else.

Take care, all.

I'd just like you to know that your post does enlighten and encourage me, personally. I haven't actually done it, but I've seriously contemplated the action of drinking (not much, really, but still considering my circumstances it's not recommended in the first place) in presence of my deeper emotional pitfalls.

I, too, wish you the best in your steps taken to moderate your drinking. Take care. ^^

Zetsubou-Sensei said:
I hope you succeed with your abstinence!

I wish you all the best as well. And well done for realising that there is a problem and for taking steps to sort it out.

I agree.

It's really mature of you to recognize there is a problem, and work to find a solution. Hope it works out for you!

Latest posts

Back