killing loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverblackvoid_ll

Reaction score
what you guys do to kill loneliness. i play my guitar and crank music loudly. but in the end, i feel more lonely.

I'm not sure....
Maybe i am lonely becuase I come to this site alot.lol

That last time I felt lonely or alone...it didn't matter what I did.
I can be in a room full of people and still be lonely.
I think it was more of I felt alone than lonely...dose that make sence ?

I have hobbies. I fly r/c model and build them. I also belong to a flying club.
I also play the guitar, I use to record and write music to kill the time.
I clean house, read, write... stuff like.
I made myself leave my house everyday for a couple of hour just so my mind
can clear up. Sometimes I feel more like crap if I see couples being lovbie dobie
I use to go to functions just to be around people.
Bascailly stay active.

I don't beliving in god or a HP so I won't feel alone anymore..that dosn't work for me anymore.

I'm not doing any of that stuff at the moment becuase I'm in a weird zone.
I'm not sure how i feel. maybe if I feel lonely or desperate I'd get up and go do something about my life.
Maybe feeling lonely might be a step for me...i don't know.
I think i just don't care anymore or i gave up.
Maybe it'll pass..I don't know.
Like they say "this too shall pass"

I just got done mediating...just sitting still and emptying out my mind and being in the moment.
This way I don't think so god **** much.
Most of my fear, worries are thoughts generated.
I'm just sitting here...there's nothing wrong with me.

I have my headphones on and music coming fro as loud as it can be. I dance and act a prat :D Its all good :cool:

I have some PM's I should reply back to but not yet. Am not in the mood for nothing but being silly and lessening to music right now. *Dose a dance*

i try my damndest not to play sad music like cursive or bright eyes, but i seem to love pushing myself deeper when im sad. playing the guitar doesnt help either.
to kill sadness i go find one of my buddies and let it out. then i dont have to cheer myself up, someone else does it for me. *sigh*

I play video games and escape reality for a bit or I sleep, things always seem a little better when you sleep on them

ya i sleep a lot when i'm feeling lonely,

if i could spend the rest of my life in suspeneded animation, sign me up

I play some video games, or some guitar, or I just get on the internet, either to this site, or just random funny sites. Nothing really kills the loneliness though, but it keeps my mind occupied ^^

It depends because when i'm alone it doesn't necessarily mean i'm bored and vice versa but like if I am bored I'd just like go on the internet or listen to music.

i dont really get lonely, i get depressed sometimes, but if that happens i like to pump my mind full with positive memories and good times.

Most of time when I get back home after work I am running. "Run Forest, RUN !!!" :) Almost every evening. But it is not the way to stop loneliness it is just makes it stronger. When you are running you feel like you are alone at this road....have almost no thoughts. LOL. I am pretty sure I need to find another hobby.

I spend way too much time on the internet, probably 90% of my waking hours.
Apart from that I play a lot of music on my stereo, and I read a little.

Doesnt take the loneliness away though

RobertJW said:
I spend way too much time on the internet, probably 90% of my waking hours.
Apart from that I play a lot of music on my stereo, and I read a little.

Doesnt take the loneliness away though

Hi there Robert :) I spend way to much time on line for it to be healthy as well.
The thing I fined though after so long is that it really drains you. I fined even the simple task of typing to be a problem after so long. sometimes I have to walk away and do something else that dose not involve the computer.

Do you never get like this. Also not just you but anyone here?

Yes I know what ye mean Jonno.

But I must admit, my computer is now my best friend - because I can contact my only real friends with it. Most of them live overseas (USA, Switzerland).
And of course, this place.

When I get a bit of money one day, I'm coming up to Nottingham to find you for a beer;)

RobertJW said:
Yes I know what ye mean Jonno.

But I must admit, my computer is now my best friend - because I can contact my only real friends with it. Most of them live overseas (USA, Switzerland).
And of course, this place.

When I get a bit of money one day, I'm coming up to Nottingham to find you for a beer;)

I really art to come see you one day. Its only a couple of hours drive away for me and finding the cash to do it is really no problem at all for me. Its just I get doing so much other stuff its a bit unbelievable how one can fill the day with nothing much really. Know what I mean.

The past 2 days I have been feeling a bit crap tho. Just been a sleep for over an hour and I feel better for it. I think I got some kinder bug thing. Be ok in a few days tho :)

Hijacc said:
I sure wish I could literally kill loneliness the only thing I would murder.

You, me and a lot here mate.

I tell you what I have started going out a lot moor and I have no shortage of ppl to do that with. But end of the day I come back home alone. A lot of the time I won't company but I can not be bothered to go out. Sometimes would be nice just have have someone to chill in with.

Do you get physically lonely or mentally lonely. I actually did not think of you as someone that did. Crazy I know. I guessed I just thought as you as a friendly guy that come over from the other side. I Guss I should had realized that you come here for a reason. All though I did think that reason was to make friends has you have done not cos you was lonely. Only cos I never really seen you post in the lonely thread back there but again there is I think a stigma attached to that there don't you think?

I get physically AND mentally lonely.

I never hardly have any visitors apart from my youngest son, who stays over when we go to watch Aston Villa.

And I always dread the next day when I have to take him home, because I know I'll be lonely for another week/2 weeks/however long

BTW, you are more than welcome to visit me in Brum Bluey.

If you like curry and cider, you'll love my place :)

RobertJW said:
BTW, you are more than welcome to visit me in Brum Bluey.

If you like curry and cider, you'll love my place :)

I do like curry but the VERY VERY milled sort. Am moor of a chines food guy myself. cider I used to like years ago in tell I got very drunk on it one night and MY GOD my head the next day did not feel good. it put me off. but weird enough my Nana as just gave me some cider.

Latest posts

Back