Klemon says hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klemon

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, my online & gaming name is Klemon, and my real-life name is Shane and I don't mind using that so call me either.

I'm a 27 y.o. male living in the small but beautiful city of Dunedin, New Zealand. I work as an IT Applications Analyst, I'm also a christian and worship regularly at the Reformed Church of Dunedin. My hobbies include gaming, watching sports and recreational driving. I've also been giving golf a go for the last couple weeks for the sake of getting away from home for an hour each Saturday (and a little bit of exercise), but only on my own because I'm really bad at it! (30 over par after 9 holes)

I was in a happy relationship for about a year and a half - this ended about 3 years ago. I had never been with romantically involved with a girl before so it was an amazing time of my life. It ended mutually but it was because she had somehow lost her feelings for me. I wish I could move on and meet someone else, but I feel my religion (which for the most part I do take seriously) restricts my chances in this as there is no one available in my church, and my ex goes to the only other church in town that has similar teachings to my own, I can't really go there because I still have feelings for her and it wouldn't be a good idea to deliberately go where I would see her, especially since she is in a new relationship (which itself is a painful thought). Most people near my age in our denomination around the country coupled-off with each other over the last 5 years and I've sorta been left behind.

Nowadays I spend most of my free time at home and on the computer or watching TV and hiding from the world in general. Going to church each week is something that gets me away from home, as is the little bit of the afore-mentioned golf I'm playing, which is a small first step in trying to get out more. I don't really have any friends left as they've all moved on in their lives, either to different locations or into relationships (mostly both).

What do I want to get from this website? I just want to talk. For ages the only person I've had to talk to has been myself (yes, even out loud), and from what I've been reading here there seems to be many people who are going through experiences similar to mine. Certainly there are people who feel very lonely just like me and gathering in one place to share these feelings can only be a good thing. Who knows, sharing my thoughts and contributing might also be able to help others with what they're going through, and I like the sound of that idea too.

So hi!

Latest posts

Back