Ladies! Tell me your secrets! >=(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkSelene said:
BadGuy said:
they talk about pinterest LOL

I don't.

Me neither. 

The truth is, guys, that there are no things all women universally have in common with regards to men. We are, as the casual observer might have noticed, individuals, and as such, have our own individuals preferences. 

For instance, some girls prefer tall guys, but I prefer them short (although I ended up with a boyfriend at 6 feet 9 inches anyway, because there are more important things than height). Our priorities differ, and our preferences differ. There is no universal answer. Sorry, dude.

BadGuy said:
DarkSelene said:
BadGuy said:

I don't.

It was a joke  ... I think OP Is searching for unicorns and a pot o gold

Yes, that seems to be it. There's no lottery ticket in this case, I'm afraid... unless he wants to be rich and have meaningless experiences with gold diggers, then I guess he only needs a lottery ticket.

AnonymousMe said:
OK, how about this: tell something, or some things, you all share in common when it comes to meeting and thinking about guys.

The reality is as Tuathaniel said, there's no common gound when it comes to what we seek in a man or where we hope to find them. Likewise, I don't think all men want the same thing in a woman or meet them in the same place. 

The best way to meet women is to simply put yourself out there. We are everywhere, so it all depends on the setting you find most comfortable approaching women in. 

If walking up to a stranger in a cafe seems daunting for example, you may try other avenues where interaction is easier....like meet up groups, volunteering, etc.

Austen said:
AnonymousMe said:
OK, how about this: tell something, or some things, you all share in common when it comes to meeting and thinking about guys.

The reality is as Tuathaniel said, there's no common gound when it comes to what we seek in a man or where we hope to find them. Likewise, I don't think all men want the same thing in a woman or meet them in the same place.
MOST girls likely want a man with a penis. 

Likewise, MOST guys likely want a woman with a vagina. 

That about covers most people.  Can't think of much else...

ETA: Heterosexual people, that is....

The thread's probably dead, but I might as well ask one last thing.
You gals will definitely have some answers for this one.
Tell things you all don't like about guys and mention places you wouldn't go to.

Tuathaniel said:
DarkSelene said:
BadGuy said:

I don't.

Me neither. 

The truth is, guys, that there are no things all women universally have in common with regards to men. We are, as the casual observer might have noticed, individuals, and as such, have our own individuals preferences. 

For instance, some girls prefer tall guys, but I prefer them short (although I ended up with a boyfriend at 6 feet 9 inches anyway, because there are more important things than height). Our priorities differ, and our preferences differ. There is no universal answer. Sorry, dude.

While interests and preferences obviously differ between individuals,  there are still close-to universal expectations around gender roles: Who does the initiating, who carries the conversation; who has to prove their worth within the first few interactions. Many of us struggle to adequately perform in this role, hence the continuous stream of questions regarding this. (And notice how it's almost always one-way with women rarely asking men for similar advice.)

AnonymousMe said:
The thread's probably dead, but I might as well ask one last thing.
You gals will definitely have some answers for this one.
Tell things you all don't like about guys and mention places you wouldn't go to.

Instead of asking broad-stroke questions about women (we women don't like being all lumped into one big category), how about telling us about the female that you're interested in at the moment and asking for more specific advice?

ardour said:
While interests and preferences obviously differ between individuals,  there are still close-to universal expectations around gender roles: Who does the initiating, who carries the conversation; who has to prove their worth within the first few interactions. Many of us struggle to adequately perform in this role, hence the continuous stream of questions regarding this. (And notice how it's almost always one-way with women rarely asking men for similar advice.)

Gender roles are crap. If I'm interested in talking to someone I'll do it myself (not accounting how shy I am and how difficult that turns out to be), if only one person carries the conversation it won't go very far. Prove worth? I didn't get that.
Sure, it's possibly a big struggle and I agree that most women still abide by those expectations, but there's a reason why women aren't asking those things... (the lack of real advice that can be put in practice is one hint why)

SofiasMami said:
Instead of asking broad-stroke questions about women (we women don't like being all lumped into one big category), how about telling us about the female that you're interested in at the moment and asking for more specific advice?

I'm currently not interested in a particular woman, I felt like asking general questions because I had plans of going back to enroll at a University, even though that plan has now been put on hold.
Also, I find some of the answers mind-boggling, I've read A LOT of relationship tips and there are various things that women, generally, like, dislike and feel ambivalent about men.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the reason I've read relationship tips is to just be prepared, in case I miraculously get a girlfriend. See?
http://www.mediafire.com/view/tdtt9c7taz96t70/Untitled.png#

SofiasMami said:
Instead of asking broad-stroke questions about women (we women don't like being all lumped into one big category)...

DarkSelene said:
 There's a reason why women aren't asking those things... (the lack of real advice that can be put in practice is one hint why)

Two very good points :)

Anonymousme, I think a lot of these articles on how to get a man/woman can't really be applied to dating in general. While it is true that small groups of people within a larger group may share some similarities, there are a million othrr nuances that make them different and these can play a significant role in how suitable a partner they may be.

In general, if you keep meeting women, and as long as you are good company and make women feel good about themselves being around you (like not generalising or stereotyping ;)), I think your chances are good.

Here's a few things I feel like commenting on:

"Tell things you all don't like about guys and mention places you wouldn't go to."
Okay, I'll bite. Things I don't like about guys includes whistling, cat calling, groping and rape. I tend to really dislike those things. I'm not crazy about violence either, or having assumptions made about me because of my gender. Sexism in general is a pretty big turn-off for me. As for places, I probably wouldn't go into a dark, empty alley alone at night.

"Who does the initiating, who carries the conversation; who has to prove their worth within the first few interactions."
When I met my boyfriend, I did the initiating. After the first couple of meetings, I literally invited him to come stay with me for a weekend. We have both always carried the conversation equally, and I think we both at times have felt that we needed to "prove our worth" in the beginning. (I felt threatened as hell by some younger girl who was throwing herself at him, and really felt like I needed to prove my worth so he'd notice me a all.)

"(And notice how it's almost always one-way with women rarely asking men for similar advice.)"
No, I haven't noticed that. I've seen just as many women asking men for similar advice, though not on this particular forum. I used to ask those very same questions, 10+ years ago, until I finally got it into my head that there is no universal truth about what men like and want in women. Just like there's not universal truth about what women like and want in men.

I'm sorry, but there's no pot of gold here. You'll just need to put yourself out there, be yourself, and prepare for a few disappointments until you find that special girl who will love you for who and what you are, not what you're pretending to be. 

And for what it's worth, my boyfriend keeps telling me that one of the reasons he loves me, is because I was the first girl to see him and accept him for who he really was, and because I like the weird things about him that his previous girlfriends tried to change. The morale here is: Don't be with someone if they can't love you for who you really are. Those relationships are doomed anyway, and they won't make you happy.

DarkSelene said:
You need to find someone who likes YOU, not what you're pretending to be.

As Tealeaf said, there's no magic formula. Each woman will want/like something different.

I get very sad that this magic formula is still so wildly sought. That women especially are viewed as some alternate lifeform that goes beyond human, that we just need to 'unlock'.

I keep wanting to tell guys like this "The same how every guy is different, so is every woman. What works for one might not on another" and you'd think THAT alone would be easiest enough to grasp.... but, nope.

The people who would adopt personas, literally to 'adapt' themselves into what someone else might find attractive, are literally even more confused as the ones who believe in a magic formula. I shouldn't even need to elaborate on why; but it's short term gain (at best) with absolutely zero long-term possibilities. And if the goal is just sex or something like that, that's an awful lot of work for something so.... inconsequential.

Latest posts

Back